Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Z06 vs C6 Z06 - My definitive position

 
Old 02-17-2019, 06:55 PM
  #141  
Toddiesel
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2016
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 804
Liked 84 Times in 67 Posts
Default

*slow clap* well effin said sir!
Toddiesel is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 07:16 PM
  #142  
RobGZ06
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,484
Liked 337 Times in 282 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn View Post
Bill
Very well put bill, unfortunately for the first time, your post is flawed. But i value your opinion as i know you have a lot of seat time in the Z.

Can't wait for the DCT in the C8!
RobGZ06 is offline  
The following users liked this post: RobGZ06
R&D (03-27-2019)
Old 02-17-2019, 07:26 PM
  #143  
Toddiesel
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2016
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 804
Liked 84 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RobGZ06 View Post
Very well put bill, unfortunately for the first time, your post is flawed. But i value your opinion as i know you have a lot of seat time in the Z.

Can't wait for the DCT in the C8!
Says you. I don't think there's a single flaw in Bill's post. And I can wait until the cows come home for a DCT ONLY C8. The DCT concept is broken. It has to be psychic and predict what you're going to do. I've driven a few DCT cars and they SUCK. And DCT is not some exotic concept btw. Effin Ford Fusions come with a DCT. It's just a different type of automatic transmission. I actually would prefer a torque converter, if I had to have an automatic, but imo, no automatic will ever be better than a manual OVERALL. Sure, at some things, an automatic can be better, but for the full driving experience, I'd take a manual any day of the week
Toddiesel is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 08:08 PM
  #144  
RobGZ06
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,484
Liked 337 Times in 282 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Toddiesel View Post
Says you]. I don't think there's a single flaw in Bill's post. And I can wait until the cows come home for a DCT ONLY C8. The DCT concept is broken. It has to be psychic and predict what you're going to do. I've driven a few DCT cars and they SUCK. And DCT is not some exotic concept btw. Effin Ford Fusions come with a DCT. It's just a different type of automatic transmission. I actually would prefer a torque converter, if I had to have an automatic, but imo, no automatic will ever be better than a manual OVERALL. Sure, at some things, an automatic can be better, but for the full driving experience, I'd take a manual any day of the week
See the irony? lol

Says you.

Stop posting using emotion, use facts instead.

His post is flawed. Go drive other cars, then make comparisons. Stop dwelling on what you own, and post out of insecurity. It doesn't look good for your argument. You sound like someone who just got his first car and will do everything to defend it lol

Last edited by RobGZ06; 02-17-2019 at 08:09 PM.
RobGZ06 is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 08:12 PM
  #145  
Toddiesel
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2016
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 804
Liked 84 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RobGZ06 View Post
See the irony? lol

Says you.

Stop posting using emotion, use facts instead.

His post is flawed. Go drive other cars, then make comparisons. Stop dwelling on what you own, and post out of insecurity. It doesn't look good for your argument. You sound like someone who just got his first car and will do everything to defend it lol
I JUST said I drove other cars with DCTs... Seems like YOU are the one that is posting out of your ****. And I have 0 clue where the "insecurity" comment comes from. Not like we're dropping trough here and comparing peen size. But you do you. The auto vs manual argument is PURE opinion. Trying to say it's based in fact is like saying Camaros are FACTUALLY better than Mustangs. Opinions vary, and like ********, we all have them and most of them stink. Yours in particular. Guess I gotta unsubscribe to this trolly thread. Take care
Toddiesel is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 08:32 PM
  #146  
Mr. Gizmo
CF Senior Member
 
Mr. Gizmo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,913
Liked 317 Times in 253 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow View Post
Did you even watch the video ? 178 for c6z with Cai which can be good for 30 hp on that engine , 184 for c7z with no mods whatsoever.

Try again.
i stand corrected. Yes 184 on the c7z.
Mr. Gizmo is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 08:46 PM
  #147  
RobGZ06
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,484
Liked 337 Times in 282 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Toddiesel View Post
I JUST said I drove other cars with DCTs... Seems like YOU are the one that is posting out of your ****. And I have 0 clue where the "insecurity" comment comes from. Not like we're dropping trough here and comparing peen size. But you do you. The auto vs manual argument is PURE opinion. Trying to say it's based in fact is like saying Camaros are FACTUALLY better than Mustangs. Opinions vary, and like ********, we all have them and most of them stink. Yours in particular. Guess I gotta unsubscribe to this trolly thread. Take care
Right. And you said all that blabber then say you prefer manual any day of the week. What does that have to do with a DCT, or the auto discussion in general? Let me guess, your Z is a manual? Hence the insecurity comment. My Z is a manual, and i still would prefer a DCT over anything else. Not a torque converter. That's why i didn't get the A8. It's garbage. If i had to choose 1 trans to live with, it would be a DCT. Which DCT cars have you driven? Surely not the fusion right? LOL

Why do supercars have dual clutches if the torque converter is "better"?

Why do people prefer a slower shifting auto when not going WOT when they can have a DCT that's fast 100% of the time?

I agree with you on one thing, opinions are like ********, and everyone does have one. But show me where a TC that's faster in general than a DCT at any RPM, going up and down for a shift.

Last edited by RobGZ06; 02-17-2019 at 08:47 PM.
RobGZ06 is offline  
Old 02-18-2019, 08:15 AM
  #148  
tonypittman
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
tonypittman's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: Frisco TX
Posts: 1,634
Liked 125 Times in 77 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo View Post
Tony , the first 2 comparisons (interior and exterior) were very good. How is the 3rd comparison performance (stock c6z versus stock c7z) coming along?
this 3rd one is tough. Very tough!!
tonypittman is offline  
Old 02-18-2019, 04:00 PM
  #149  
Mr. Gizmo
CF Senior Member
 
Mr. Gizmo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,913
Liked 317 Times in 253 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tonypittman View Post
this 3rd one is tough. Very tough!!
Mr. Gizmo is offline  
Old 02-18-2019, 04:02 PM
  #150  
acz06
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2016
Posts: 273
Likes: 0
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

C7z > c6z sorry jizzmo
acz06 is offline  
Old 02-18-2019, 04:21 PM
  #151  
Mr. Gizmo
CF Senior Member
 
Mr. Gizmo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,913
Liked 317 Times in 253 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by acz06 View Post
C7z > c6z sorry jizzmo
Assz06- maybe not.

C7zm7 vs c6zm6 - 0-60 and 1/4 mile = drivers race.

C7za8 ca c6zm6 0-60 and 1/4 mile = c7za8

c7za8/m7 vs c6zm6 0-150 mph then on up to top speed = c7z and a pair of binoculars to see the talights of the c6z.

for tony’s Final analysis.

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 02-18-2019 at 04:23 PM.
Mr. Gizmo is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 Z06 vs C6 Z06 - My definitive position


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: