C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Callaway and GM warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 09:27 PM
salcolkat
Racer

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Callaway and GM warranty

So i brought my 17 Callaway 757 to my local Chevy dealer to have them look at my brake rotors. I have a slight vibration when applying the brakes at over 100MPH or so. I was told the rotors were not warped. During the conversation the service advisor said even if the rotors were warped they would not be covered under the GM warranty because the car was done by Callaway. I told him i thought he was incorrect because the brakes were not touched by Callaway. His reply was that any problem related to the car having more power than stock would not be covered by GM. Any input from other Callaway owners or Callaway Chris would be appreciated.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:42 PM
slacker1201
Lifetime NCM Member #2497
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts
Cruise-In 9-10-11-12 Veteran

Totally untrue. GM and Callaway work together with your warranty. Your service advisor needs to be educated.

Last edited by slacker1201; 01-08-2019 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:48 PM
cyi1
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 169 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Yikes, I'd find a new dealership.
The following 2 users liked this post by cyi1:
Callaway Chris (01-09-2019), SurfnSun (01-08-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 09:57 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by cyi1
Yikes, I'd find a new dealership.
i agree
The following users liked this post:
Callaway Chris (01-09-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 10:05 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by slacker1201
Totally untrue. GM and Callaway work together with your warranty. Your service advisor needs to be educated.

The service dept, or the dealership visited, is not informed.

A bulletin went out to ALL GM Dealers in Global Connect which explained the warranty position and how things work with GM on Callaway-converted vehicles. They should have read this.

They may call our technical assistance dept. at any time (the number was in the Global Connect bulletin). His reply was incorrect. What was the name of this dealership, BTW, and with whom did you speak? Thank you.
The following users liked this post:
salcolkat (01-09-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 10:11 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

https://www.callawaycars.com/homepag...nty-procedure/

What to do if your Callaway has a problem.

Callaway engineers have performed extensive vehicle testing and validation in order to ensure that your Callaway provides reliable service. However, if a problem should arise that requires technical attention, please follow this procedure:

1. Contact your closest Callaway-Authorized GM Dealer and discuss the symptoms with the Dealer’s Service Manager. If required, make an appointment with the Dealer to bring the car in, or have the car transported to the Dealer, per the Dealer’s recommendation. If there is no Callaway-Authorized Dealer nearby, you may follow this procedure with your closest Buick, Chevrolet, GMC or Cadillac Dealer.
  2. If you bring your car to a Dealership that is not a Callaway-Authorized Dealer, please be sure to tell the Service Manager to contact Callaway Technical Service upon arrival, prior to performing any vehicle diagnostics. This will facilitate quicker, more satisfactory repair.
  3. For accurate, timely updates, always contact the Dealership regarding the status of your Callaway’s repair, not Callaway.
  4. When your Callaway was assembled, Callaway affixed a label to its under-dash diagnostic port in order to prevent the dealer from recalibrating or updating the ECM (engine control module) without contacting Callaway first. If the Dealer informs you that they plan to re-flash or update the ECM calibration, please remind him to contact Callaway first to arrange for re-installation of the Callaway calibration. Otherwise, “Service Engine Soon” lights will be triggered and poor engine performance will result.
  5. Do not pay the Dealer for any Callaway-associated warranty repairs. Callaway policy is to reimburse the Dealer directly for all applicable warranty-associated parts and labor.
The following 2 users liked this post by Callaway Chris:
DocScott (01-11-2019), salcolkat (01-09-2019)
Old 01-09-2019, 10:30 PM
salcolkat
Racer

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Callaway Chris
The service dept, or the dealership visited, is not informed.

A bulletin went out to ALL GM Dealers in Global Connect which explained the warranty position and how things work with GM on Callaway-converted vehicles. They should have read this.

They may call our technical assistance dept. at any time (the number was in the Global Connect bulletin). His reply was incorrect. What was the name of this dealership, BTW, and with whom did you speak? Thank you.
Mount Kisco Chevrolet in Mount Kisco NY service advisor name is Dennis.

Get notified of new replies

To Callaway and GM warranty

Quick Reply: Callaway and GM warranty