C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Dealer install - secondary radiator (M7)?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 02:26 PM
rcgldr
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Dealer install - secondary radiator (M7)?

I'm wondering if a GM dealer can order and install the GM secondary water radiator on 2015 C7 Z06 3LZ M7 (without Z07 option), and about how much it would cost? I don't track the car so I probably don't need it, but if it isn't too expensive, I might consider it anyway.

Last edited by rcgldr; 01-21-2019 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:02 PM
VictorBarron
Drifting

Received 375 Likes on 264 Posts

My dealer would, so I think most of them will.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:20 AM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

I'm pretty sure a dealer would. If you get a dealer to do it also order the radiator from him. That way if there's an issue it's all on him. You can get them online for under 1,000 but unless you're going to install it yourself I wouldn't recommend that.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:12 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,930 Likes on 5,334 Posts

When the GMPP unit first came out in 2016 I checked with my local dealer's parts department and they price matched the lowest price (including shipping) I could get from the online sellers. I installed the unit myself as it is very easy to do. To do you need to get the car off the ground enough so you can work under it, remove the left front wheel, remove the under tray and the center panel above it, remove the left front wheel housing, apply a template to the bottom of the radiator inlet duct and use a box cutter to cut a hole in the duct floor. Then install the radiator in the opening. After that drain coolant out of the cooling system, disconnect a couple of hoses and connect a couple of others followed by putting things back together. The hardest part is figuring out how to get the 4 bolts that hold the radiator to the bottom of the duct threaded into the two brackets that rest on the top of the piece of plastic. I did that by inserting a long screw driver through the grille to push the brackets into place behind the grille and then hold them (each had 2 captured nuts) in place while turning the bolts from under the car.

The problem with having the dealer install the part is that is not part of their normal operations and they usually charge an arm and a leg more than their standard rates to do the work.

Including sales tax I paid $925 for the radiator 3 years ago.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 01-22-2019 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:37 PM
Pro

Received 222 Likes on 113 Posts

But....what are you seeking to achieve? You don't track the car....do you have high temp problems? If no problems....why do it?

Get notified of new replies

To Dealer install - secondary radiator (M7)?

Quick Reply: Dealer install - secondary radiator (M7)?