C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Battery change

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 08:06 AM
KayRay
2nd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Battery change

I just traded a base C7 for a 2015 Z06 with only 2000 miles. I let the car sit for 2 weeks and the battery was dead when i went to start it. I decided since the car was already 4 years old to go ahead and change the battery. I got the battery all hooked up and went to get in the car and the doors were locked. I unlocked the doors with the key fob, door still locked. When I try to open the door with door latch, the window goes down. I got in the car to start it and nothing comes on. I called a dealer and they said the electronics have to be reset. Has anyone else experienced this? I just can't believe that changing a battery is this big of a pain.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:12 AM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,761 Likes on 3,177 Posts

Idk wth happened but you should reexamine your connections and also check the voltage of that battery.

I've disconnected numerous C7 batteries including my own and never had that happen.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:21 AM
Sk8Man_
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

If you installed a supposedly new fully charged battery then do what 16/C7Z suggested and then I recommend that you use another vehicle you have to hook up jumper cables to the battery. The jumper car should allow you the power for your car's electronics to work properly even if the new battery is perchance dead too. Unless you have a short somewhere in the Vette!
Old 01-31-2019, 11:44 AM
KayRay
2nd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the input. I have been a lurker on this site for awhile. I found additional information on this site about someone else having the same problem and they mentioned the positive battery cable that has the captive nut not been down all the way. I looked at mine last night and I immediately could tell not enough threads were showing on top of the nut, even though the connection was tight. So I redid that connection and all is well with the world. So anyone replacing their battery, ensure that connection has several threads showing and is tight. I would have never thought. I also am disappointed (again) in the advice I got from a Chevy dealer about the electronics having to be reset. I thought when they told me that, what a bunch of BS. Why can't dealerships have competent people? Again, thank you for the input and hopefully this information will also be helpful and prevent someone else the same grief when they change their battery.
The following 2 users liked this post by KayRay:
RegnaR (02-02-2019), Speedfreaq (01-31-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Battery change

Quick Reply: Battery change