C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Looking for a battery disconnect switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 09:52 AM
I8AVIPER
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Looking for a battery disconnect switch

I have a 2017 Z06 with the Z07 pkg.
I store my car in a condo underground without electrical outlet, so cannot use the battery tender that comes with the car
For now when storing, I just disconnect the battery and leave the battery in the car, no problems
My previous corvettes, I have always had a battery disconnect switch attached to the negative and just turned a dial when going to not be using the car for extended time, so as to not drain the battery.
I am having trouble finding a disconnect switch that can be used on the 2017 Z06 because of location of battery and negative terminal ( close to edge of battery compartment)

Does anyone with a car similar to mine use a disconnect switch and if so can you send me pics and product info
I have bought 2 disconnect switches, without luck so far

Yes , I know I can always just disconnect the battery with a wrench, but just so much easier to just reach in and turn a dial

Any info would help
Thank you

P.S. Remember to " Save the Wave"
Old 04-15-2019, 01:18 AM
GeorgeR_Zed06
Burning Brakes

Received 162 Likes on 127 Posts

Mount this to the board or cover above the battery. This is the same thing that NHRA requires on most cars. Better yet, mount it somewhere that can easily be accessed because once the switch is off, the trunk release won't work unless you do it manually with your key. That, or run a long extension cord to the basement, lol.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/joe-46200/overview/

Last edited by GeorgeR_Zed06; 04-15-2019 at 01:22 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by GeorgeR_Zed06:
Harbgrogan (04-15-2019), I8AVIPER (04-15-2019)

Quick Reply: Looking for a battery disconnect switch