C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

2019 Z06 M7 750-800RWHP goal suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 01:22 AM
Freaked Ls3
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
You will just have to add port injection and the port injection controller/computer. zr1 Low side pump should carry you, or get very close.

In time, Fore will offer the dual pump hanger for the 19 pumps, and that will carry you past 1200hp
i appreciate it. I went on Crawford’s website and they said on the front page LT5 supercharger for LT4 to release soon?

Last edited by Freaked Ls3; 04-21-2019 at 01:23 AM.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:58 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

if im not mistaken, he has put the lt5 blower on the lt4 engine already on the CTS and maybe camaro.

I would just give Chris the owner a call, and say Mikec7z from the forum sent you...

I think he will give you a great deal, i dont think he has had a someone with a z06 step up yet, but I have not talked to him in a few weeks.

I was thinking about doing it on my next car. JHebert is another guy to know and talk to here, he is a data mine of good info. His goals are also to have the lt5 blower on a z06.

If you did step up to the 2650... my best advice is just be happy with 750 crank hp for a bit, as the zr1 have.

Give Fore time to create the 19 double pump hanger and express that you need one. The previous double pump hangers for 18 and prior pumps do NOT work on your 19, the pump controllers and software/etc is different I have learned.

Also give the all the tuners time to get better antiquated with tuning the 2650. Zr1 just got its ecu cracked this past week... there is a learning curve, let someone else be the guinea pig

Buy the zr1 blower cooler HX for the front of the car, and focus on getting your cooling setup dialed in like the zr1.

You will need an aux oil cooler HX in front of the the car also. Im getting the fittings manufactured to tie into the the dry sump return line so as to NOT drop engine oil pressure one iota with the oil across/through the HX.

More power equals more heat, and nothing is more thermal efficient than the 2650 compared to the other blowers. Its double pass cooling geometry is superior as well, as its its need to spin less RPM to make more boost since its bigger volume displacement.

So just start there... then in time, put a different pulley on the blower, and send it off to kong/jokerz/weaponX/etc for porting once the fuel mods are there to carry the 19 to 1200hp with the Fore double pump hanger/etc, and then get the better tune where the BOV inside the blower is kept closed, and you will be picking up a lot of power in one sitting for sure... and do all of those in a single sweep with the fuel pump upgrade.

And yes, you will need to cut a hole in your hood or get the ACS hood, or Competition Carbon viper looking hood with the vents back at step 1 when installing the blower.

JHebert says cutting the stock hood is something he would do again, he has a callway 757 car. I would probably do it also, as all cars match paint essentially, and picking up another stock hood down the road wont be hard if i decide to put the car back to stock and sell it later. The blower lid sticking out of the hood cools the lid down, keep in mind, there is function there.

Norcal SS catless pipes are the way to go, they have my first place vote, ahead of LT headers, for heat reduction purposes, especially if they are wrapped properly. Keep your stock X pipe, it is the high flow cat, and you will need a cat otherwise car will be very loud and smell like fuel all the time. The cat the norcal pipes remove is not a high flow cat, so it is the one to be removed.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 04-21-2019 at 08:27 AM.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:25 PM
AZGASSER
Drifting

Received 289 Likes on 211 Posts

To the OP there are many ways to get there and as you have seen from the posts a lot of people have achieved 800+ fairly easily. The challenge is everyone on here give you their recipe to get there. Find a reputable shop and discuss with them your desires and especially the budget you have in mind. Porting the factory blower is on the less expensive side and going up to the 2650 on the other end of the cost side. It is more than just bolting it on as you have seen. Until you have decided what you are willing to spend to get there, it is hard for anyone to put a package together. If you don't want to cut the hood or the the back wall/cowl on your Z then you are down to two options at this time, a ported factory blower or the 2300. With either situation you may need to upgrade pulleys to get to the the 800rwhp mark. I can tell you what CPR did on my build with my budget but when you go to another shop they may get you there differently. Again, talk to the shop you choose and follow there advice. I would not go in telling them that shop A or B does it this way or I was told on the forum to do like this. They probable wont follow what you say and tell you to have them do it then. Also remember this....

The following users liked this post:
ajrothm (04-22-2019)

Quick Reply: 2019 Z06 M7 750-800RWHP goal suggestions?