Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running a 285/35/19 Front

Old 05-16-2019, 01:19 PM
SharkgrayVetteZ06
CF Senior Member

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Running a 285/35/19 Front

Just wanted to make this thread to provide information for others if they are looking to do this or buying tires that are 35 profile fronts. I'm running 285/35/19 fronts and 315/35/20 (Nitto Nt555 front and rear) and the fit in the rear if perfect. The fronts do rub when turning, however, the plastic will rub away and shouldn't be too much of a problem, and this is because I am lowered on LG Drop Spindles, for stock height it shouldn't be an issue and will probably fill up the stock gap. Have no issue with traction control or the nannies kicking it, everything is working as it was before.

Old 05-16-2019, 04:17 PM
BrunoTheMellow
CF Senior Member

Received 424 Likes on 336 Posts

Don't do this if you track the car. You'll rub the fender spat away in a few days.

Have you hit a big dip at high speed? Hope you dont crush your front fender or spat, specially in a standard Z06. Also looks like your rear might hit too.

Gradual rub on turns is ok. Big bumps will break body panels. These suspensions travel a LOT.

Here's an example of a standard Z06 rear spring in tour mode. This is just me pushing down with my body weight, at speed this travel can be even more!

Ride height, compression, rebound.

Last edited by BrunoTheMellow; 05-16-2019 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:04 PM
CamOnlyJabroni
CF Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I put the same size front tire on. I donít have the front or rear lowered all the way on stock bolts.

Old 05-16-2019, 07:57 PM
SharkgrayVetteZ06
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow View Post
Don't do this if you track the car. You'll rub the fender spat away in a few days.

Have you hit a big dip at high speed? Hope you dont crush your front fender or spat, specially in a standard Z06. Also looks like your rear might hit too.

Gradual rub on turns is ok. Big bumps will break body panels. These suspensions travel a LOT.

Here's an example of a standard Z06 rear spring in tour mode. This is just me pushing down with my body weight, at speed this travel can be even more!

Ride height, compression, rebound.

I have a z07 fe7 suspension car and I cannot make my front end do that, the suspension is way to stiff, it does rub a little bit for everyday driving itís not an issue just wanted to make a thread because I didnít see any info about running a 35 profile up front, and you can!
Old 05-16-2019, 07:57 PM
SharkgrayVetteZ06
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni View Post
I put the same size front tire on. I donít have the front or rear lowered all the way on stock bolts.

That looks perfect, what tires you running? I wouldnít lower it, you will rub. Looks great!
Old 05-18-2019, 08:17 PM
tiborrules
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SharkgrayVetteZ06 View Post
Just wanted to make this thread to provide information for others if they are looking to do this or buying tires that are 35 profile fronts. I'm running 285/35/19 fronts and 315/35/20 (Nitto Nt555 front and rear) and the fit in the rear if perfect. The fronts do rub when turning, however, the plastic will rub away and shouldn't be too much of a problem, and this is because I am lowered on LG Drop Spindles, for stock height it shouldn't be an issue and will probably fill up the stock gap. Have no issue with traction control or the nannies kicking it, everything is working as it was before.

I recently switched to R888r's on my Z07 with LG drop spindles. Went with 285/35/19 front and 325/30/20 rears. I ran it hard at the track and the fronts rub the plastic fender extensions. They don't rub at all on the street, only hard track use. These tires get better traction on the street than the cup2 tires I took off.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:46 PM
patron1992
CF Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm curious if these will fit on the stock 20x12?
Old 05-18-2019, 08:48 PM
ajrothm
CF Senior Member

Received 706 Likes on 539 Posts

I just put some NItto NT555 285/35/19s on today, my car is lowered all the way on stock bolts. I haven't drove it much but around the neighborhood, but there definitely isn't much clearance in there.

They look good with less fender gap and it did raise the front of the car up a bit, it didn't drag the air damn on the driveway like usual, which is good. I'm hoping the tires don't rub anywhere when driving on the streets. They damn sure ride 10X better then the MPSS...

Last edited by ajrothm; 05-18-2019 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:48 PM
BrunoTheMellow
CF Senior Member

Received 424 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by ajrothm View Post
I just put some NItto NT555 285/35/19s on today, my car is lowered all the way on stock bolts. I haven't drove it much but around the neighborhood, but there definitely isn't much clearance in there.

They look good with less fender gap and it did raise the front of the car up a bit, it didn't drag the air damn on the driveway like usual, which is good. I'm hoping the tires don't rub anywhere when driving on the streets. They damn sure ride 10X better then the MPSS...
It's due to sidewall thickness not tire model by the way.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:42 PM
ajrothm
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow View Post
It's due to sidewall thickness not tire model by the way.
Whats that? the ride quality? Obviously they are gonna ride smoother then a Run Flat due the stiff/reinforced sidewalls in the Run Flat....and also due to the thicker sidewall. Run flats just ride terrible by design. On my 16' SS Camaro, I replaced the GY Run Flats and replaced them with Continental Extreme Contacts in the factory size and that thing rode like a different car.
Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM
ajrothm
CF Senior Member

Nitto NT555 G2, 285/35/19. Lowered all the way on stock bolts. No way this is NOT going to rub... I guess Iíll try and see, hopefully it doesnít hit the fenders if it does rub.

I may be switching to 295/30/19 R888s if these rub.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: