C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

DSC Sport Controller Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 01:25 AM
JanosNFS
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts
Default DSC Sport Controller Questions

Hi,

I track my Z06 on a regular basis and I had been looking for ideas/mods to make the car faster around the track. For now I think the car has plenty of power so suspension and aero are my main targets.

I have a few questions to people who use this unit.

What gains can you see in lap times?

Any problems issues?

If I upgrade to a ZR1, can this unit be transferred or not?

Can this work later if I also upgrade to their suspension?

Where is the best place to buy this unit?

Thanks a lot!
Old 05-23-2019, 02:02 AM
CaddyRacer
Pro

Received 119 Likes on 76 Posts

what year is your Z06?
if 2015 thru 2017 get the MRC:

Old 05-23-2019, 08:26 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by JanosNFS
Hi,

I track my Z06 on a regular basis and I had been looking for ideas/mods to make the car faster around the track. For now I think the car has plenty of power so suspension and aero are my main targets.

Any problems issues?

Thanks a lot!
When I first put the controller in the 2015 I picked up nearly 2 seconds on my best lap at the time at VIR. Now some of that was driver mod but overall I just had a lot more confidence in the car. Honestly, how much time you pick up (or don't) depends a lot on the driver and how easily you can adapt to the changes in the car.

If you get the v4 controller it will also work in the ZR1 and yes the same controller will work with the Tractive shocks, you just need to upload a different "tune".

I know Katech is a reseller and I've bought mine direct from DSC Sport. I know there are others as well but I'm not sure which shops exactly.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:39 AM
JanosNFS
Instructor

Originally Posted by CaddyRacer
what year is your Z06?
if 2015 thru 2017 get the MRC
My car is a 2019 M7 Z06/Z07.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:42 AM
JanosNFS
Instructor

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
When I first put the controller in the 2015 I picked up nearly 2 seconds on my best lap at the time at VIR. Now some of that was driver mod but overall I just had a lot more confidence in the car. Honestly, how much time you pick up (or don't) depends a lot on the driver and how easily you can adapt to the changes in the car.

If you get the v4 controller it will also work in the ZR1 and yes the same controller will work with the Tractive shocks, you just need to upload a different "tune".

I know Katech is a reseller and I've bought mine direct from DSC Sport. I know there are others as well but I'm not sure which shops exactly.
Anything that can give me more traction is a must and if you as a track junkie picked up time with it then I can too and will get it.

Thanks for the input, I'll give them a call and order it.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:26 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by JanosNFS
Hi,

Any problems issues?

Thanks a lot!
You'd be better served doing your homework prior to posting the most basic of questions that have been answered ad nauseam over the last several years. I'm not meaning to be a smart *** but there are literally MANY thousand of posts thoroughly discussing every aspect of the controller.

Do an "Advanced Search" of "DSC" in titles only in the C7Z and C7 General Discussion sub forums. You'll be reading for over a month and still not read all that's been written.

I will offer that it's the best mod I've ever made to any car and it's a relative bargain to boot.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:56 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

You already have the most capable car. The DSC sport controller likely is no faster than the updated MRSC oem calibrations, which you have.

Really the only thing you need is to get 18s (or 18/19) and stick 315s up front and 335 or 345 rear. We discuss this a lot.

315/335 is the magic number for GS, Z06s. Other than that just get better. Show us some of your laps and we can see how far off pace you are.
Old 05-23-2019, 01:59 PM
fatsport
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 894 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by rikhek
You'd be better served doing your homework prior to posting the most basic of questions that have been answered ad nauseam over the last several years. I'm not meaning to be a smart *** but there are literally MANY thousand of posts thoroughly discussing every aspect of the controller.

Do an "Advanced Search" of "DSC" in titles only in the C7Z and C7 General Discussion sub forums. You'll be reading for over a month and still not read all that's been written.

I will offer that it's the best mod I've ever made to any car and it's a relative bargain to boot.
There is lots of info to sort through. Looks like you made a solid 2 second improvement from an already great time by adding the DSC. Was your car a Z07? I don’t have a Z07 and my car is absolutely mush when quickly transitioning weight while on slicks.
My DSC arrives tomorrow, can’t wait.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:31 AM
JanosNFS
Instructor

Originally Posted by rikhek

I don't have a month to make up my mind, I had been looking into this for a while and finally put my questions together so I can have them answered in one shot and get things rolling, ordering it tomorrow.

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow
You already have the most capable car. The DSC sport controller likely is no faster than the updated MRSC oem calibrations, which you have.

Really the only thing you need is to get 18s (or 18/19) and stick 315s up front and 335 or 345 rear. We discuss this a lot.

315/335 is the magic number for GS, Z06s. Other than that just get better. Show us some of your laps and we can see how far off pace you are.
I have the latest MRSC update but as far as I read the posts about the DSC and it is a superior system, at least I will have the ability to compare the two and report back.

Tires/wheels are next on my list but I usually change one thing at a time so that I can tell what difference that change made exactly. I have CC breaks and have to make sure the 18s will clear the breaks... looking for GS1R wheels.... by the way I didn't know you can fit 315 in the front ... 345 in the rear I read might rub on the track... have to research that a bit more.

Thanks for the input guys.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:33 AM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by fatsport
There is lots of info to sort through. Looks like you made a solid 2 second improvement from an already great time by adding the DSC. Was your car a Z07? I don’t have a Z07 and my car is absolutely mush when quickly transitioning weight while on slicks.
My DSC arrives tomorrow, can’t wait.
I put the z07 springs and shocks on mine big help
Old 05-24-2019, 01:36 PM
fatsport
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 894 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by Pacembellum
I put the z07 springs and shocks on mine big help
Wow, you’ve done a lot of work to your car. Firmer is definitely better on the track with wider tires or slicks. Unfortunately I have a little arthritis in my back and I daily my Z. The DSC should help.
Eventually I’ll daily another car and stiffen it up more. I had a GS Z07 and it handled great on the track. I may try that setup first. It has a larger front sway bar, the stiffer rear spring and the z07 front shocks. I thought it was a great combo, although it’s easier to control 460 hp rather than 650+

I saw you were doing the Hooker shorty headers also. Have you run it on the track with them yet? I just ordered a zero gravity 5lb battery. Will need to balance corner weights to get full benefit.

Last edited by fatsport; 05-24-2019 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:55 PM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by fatsport
Wow, you’ve done a lot of work to your car. Firmer is definitely better on the track with wider tires or slicks. Unfortunately I have a little arthritis in my back and I daily my Z. The DSC should help.
Eventually I’ll daily another car and stiffen it up more. I had a GS Z07 and it handled great on the track. I may try that setup first. It has a larger front sway bar, the stiffer rear spring and the z07 front shocks. I thought it was a great combo, although it’s easier to control 460 hp rather than 650+

I saw you were doing the Hooker shorty headers also. Have you run it on the track with them yet? I just ordered a zero gravity 5lb battery. Will need to balance corner weights to get full benefit.
The DSC helped for sure, but it made the car feel less z06 ish unless I was in track mode. Hard to describe but it basically softened the “turn in feel” in all modes except track and I enjoy my sports car feeling a little more “sharp” the z07 setup fixed that. If someone was just going for daily feel and wasn’t tracking I’d probably say don’t get the dsc unless they just wanted pure touring comfort because it gives you that.

I also got a killer deal on the z07 setup from a friend. where I’m getting at. I think the dsc is great but the base calibrations I think they are for z07/fe7 based cars leaving the rest of the fe6 cars a little under damped. Due to our lighter springs and softer shocks. It’s better on track and the road now IMO.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:52 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

The dsc calibrations make the Corvette waaaaay too floaty. This was true for both z51 and base Z06 springs. Z51 was unbearable. Any dip or rise on the road at 70+ mph was downright scary. This was even after attempting to stiffen it up. The Z06 was way too soft too. The base Z06 Tour mode is the best feeling street suspension. Just enough give on rough roads.

Get notified of new replies

To DSC Sport Controller Questions

Quick Reply: DSC Sport Controller Questions