C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Help driveway slope and pad size

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 02:58 PM
RecruiterRick
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Help driveway slope and pad size

I hope placing thread in both general C7 section and the one I typically read (this one) is not improper

1. To reduce number of steps into house from garage I am asking builder raise garage level. Without raising garage this is a non issue.
I am hoping someone that is much smarter than I on this topic can answer this quickly as I need to make a go no go on driveway issue quick.
From the measurements I was given it will be about 1.5 in/ft. drop over 23 ft the incline would be 7.1 degree. It will be about a 36 in drop in total
do I have other questions I need to ask?
From eye balling some finished driveways in neighborhood it looks like the above should be OK but would be a major problem if my eye ***** are wrong!

Will this work for C7 Z06's? we have 2 - both my wife will have one. I have an ACS splitter stage 1 on the front of mine hers is stock.

2. Also, due to lot size and easements there is limited space to place a pad next to driveway (extend the driveway width to easement line)
we will have little to no extras space to say have tires on grass - with the raised driveway there would be a drop at the easement line
How wide does a pad need to be practically park to Z06 (or my DD would be similar size)
The pad would slope down the same as driveway above.

Thank You

Rick

Old 06-06-2019, 04:53 PM
atljar
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 277 Posts

Look for @Bill Dearborn posts regarding the trailer he purchased. He had the max slope allowed to not rub the nose on the trailer. Same information you are looking for, just different problem
The following users liked this post:
RecruiterRick (06-06-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 08:12 AM
rrsperry
Safety Car

Received 1,412 Likes on 737 Posts

Ah, first world problems.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:25 AM
hebegb
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

Obviously there are multiple factors to be considered. If your approach to the driveway will be straight on, just measure the distance from the center of the front wheel to the front edge of the splitter. Then measure the height of the lower edge of the splitter. 1.5 inches per foot will tell you whether or not you have enough clearance. Of course coming into the driveway at an angle will decrease your chances of rubbing. If your Z06 will make it with the splitter, your wife's should make it easily.

As far as the pad width, factors to be considered are length of pad and angle of approach. Also whether you plan on parking nose in or backing in. Backing in will require less width than pulling straight in. Think parallel parking. Nearly impossible to do pulling in nose first.

Get notified of new replies

To Help driveway slope and pad size

Quick Reply: Help driveway slope and pad size