Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 Z06 Discussion
Reload this Page >

19Z M7 vs manual Hellcat Challenger 50mph roll

Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

19Z M7 vs manual Hellcat Challenger 50mph roll

 
Old 06-11-2019, 02:30 PM
  #21  
serpent
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 196
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Gee Venom View Post
My cousin who owns a beautiful Green Hellcat Challenger with da Hellcat logo on both rear quarter panels along with 2 black carbon looking stripes across the middle of da complete car is just an amazing looking car! If I could own one on top of my Z, I would in a heartbeat! Ok back to da title on this thread! So we were in Mexico yesterday on da highway and waved him to join me on da side of me! We were going 50mph and told him lets go! So we did n was surprised how quickly I started leaving him behind. Mind u my car is completely stock n his has a couple of mods like a throttle body upgrade and a full K&N CAI. Even do our Z06s are quick n light, I want a Hellcat lol Oh and da way those Hellcats sound when u get on them! Amazing sounds! But I still love my Z!
Hellcst cars really shine with an the zf a8. I dont give a **** if the guy shifting is all of the combined greatest drag racers on earth, the zf will shift faster and is more consistent. It's actually the reason why a boat weight almost 1000lbs more can keep up. If gm was able to fit that zf into the c7z it would a fight to the Porsche cars.
serpent is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by serpent:
Gee Venom (06-11-2019), RobGZ06 (06-11-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 03:28 PM
  #22  
RobGZ06
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,830
Received 415 Likes on 341 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by serpent View Post
Hellcst cars really shine with an the zf a8. I dont give a **** if the guy shifting is all of the combined greatest drag racers on earth, the zf will shift faster and is more consistent. It's actually the reason why a boat weight almost 1000lbs more can keep up. If gm was able to fit that zf into the c7z it would a fight to the Porsche cars.
Agreed. Its the zf that keeps the hellcat within z territory even if its 1000lbs heavier and only off by a couple of mph in the 1/4.

Plus the challengers are aerodynamic too since it can hit 200. Not sure on the chargers.

If gm put the zf into the z I would have picked the auto for sure.
RobGZ06 is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 04:51 PM
  #23  
spinkick
CF Senior Member
 
spinkick's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2003
Location: Brighton Mi
Posts: 2,767
Received 322 Likes on 218 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RobGZ06 View Post
Agreed. Its the zf that keeps the hellcat within z territory even if its 1000lbs heavier and only off by a couple of mph in the 1/4.

Plus the challengers are aerodynamic too since it can hit 200. Not sure on the chargers.

If gm put the zf into the z I would have picked the auto for sure.
You'll love the C8.
spinkick is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 04:59 PM
  #24  
RobGZ06
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,830
Received 415 Likes on 341 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by spinkick View Post
You'll love the C8.

I'm dying for july 18 already just so we can see what the base looks like. Then hopefully shortly after that see what high power options we'll get in the future years.

But at least if the base C8 looks good, i know the high hp variants will look even better (more aggressive styling, more aero, etc). Then i can place my order.

But if not, i don't know what i'm doing yet. I might be able to swing a hellcat type of car for a daily and i can keep my Z until i figure out what weekend toy i wanna get next.
RobGZ06 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
spinkick (06-12-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 07:08 PM
  #25  
gearbox
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Apr 2011
Posts: 258
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by ajrothm View Post
I ran my buddys HellCat Red Eye (demon motor) last weekend a couple times. Id post the PDR vids but, you dont see much passed the first couple seconds. 😬

I probably had 6-8 car lengths on him when I let out at 160 ish.
are you stock?
gearbox is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 07:38 PM
  #26  
BrunoTheMellow
CF Senior Member
 
BrunoTheMellow's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,638
Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
are you stock?
Dude is making 850 crank horsepower.....
BrunoTheMellow is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 08:00 PM
  #27  
gearbox
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Apr 2011
Posts: 258
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow View Post
Dude is making 850 crank horsepower.....
I didn't think so but wanted to check.
Thanks
gearbox is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 04:40 AM
  #28  
Mr. Gizmo
CF Senior Member
 
Mr. Gizmo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 5,086
Received 348 Likes on 280 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Gee Venom View Post
My cousin who owns a beautiful Green Hellcat Challenger with da Hellcat logo on both rear quarter panels along with 2 black carbon looking stripes across the middle of da complete car is just an amazing looking car! If I could own one on top of my Z, I would in a heartbeat! Ok back to da title on this thread! So we were in Mexico yesterday on da highway and waved him to join me on da side of me! We were going 50mph and told him lets go! So we did n was surprised how quickly I started leaving him behind. Mind u my car is completely stock n his has a couple of mods like a throttle body upgrade and a full K&N CAI. Even do our Z06s are quick n light, I want a Hellcat lol Oh and da way those Hellcats sound when u get on them! Amazing sounds! But I still love my Z!
Keep us posted on da race between your cousins hellcat and your c7z06. We all want to know who wins da race. I do like da hellcat especially da hellcat redeye. I wonder how da stock c7z06 would do against da redeye from da 50 mph roll race up to 180 mph. If da stock c6z06 raced da stock c7z06 from da 50 mph roll to 180mph da c7z06 would need binoculars to see da c6z06 tailights and dats da fact.

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 06-12-2019 at 04:49 AM.
Mr. Gizmo is offline  
The following users liked this post:
TxTaxman (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 12:05 PM
  #29  
Sub Driver
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2015
Posts: 912
Received 586 Likes on 303 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Gee Venom View Post
Its Faster that way! 🤷*♂️
It is also dumber and makes you look like a complete fool but if that is the impression you are going for then great.
Sub Driver is offline  
The following users liked this post:
TR2018 (Yesterday)
Old 06-12-2019, 12:32 PM
  #30  
NinjaBum
CF Senior Member
 
NinjaBum's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2012
Posts: 149
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sub Driver View Post
It is also dumber and makes you look like a complete fool but if that is the impression you are going for then great.
Or you could just ignore it and move on instead of assuming anyone cares what you think it makes them look like.
NinjaBum is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Gee Venom (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 12:51 PM
  #31  
MyfirstvetteC06
CF Senior Member
 
MyfirstvetteC06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Posts: 124
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

I have 17 Z06 and also own a 19 Redeye. So much fun. I would have to say the Z06 would smoke the Redeye. Both great cars.
Attachment 48303078Attachment 48303079
MyfirstvetteC06 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Gee Venom (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 01:22 PM
  #32  
Gee Venom
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Posts: 230
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by NinjaBum View Post
Or you could just ignore it and move on instead of assuming anyone cares what you think it makes them look like.
Thanks...
Gee Venom is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 02:32 PM
  #33  
zo6_ ruff
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
zo6_ ruff's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2018
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 180
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

I ran a few hellcats when I was stock. To be so heavy they run pretty good. If I had the funds I'd have both also.
zo6_ ruff is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by zo6_ ruff:
Gee Venom (06-12-2019), RobGZ06 (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 04:18 PM
  #34  
ajrothm
CF Senior Member
 
ajrothm's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2006
Location: League City Tx
Posts: 9,484
Received 728 Likes on 552 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
are you stock?

No. Currently I have it turned down a bit...but its sitting at around 780 rwhp or so.

We both knew I would win, he just wanted to see by how much. It was a LOT.

But, I think a red eye in the right hands is just as fast or faster then stock C7Z. They trap 130-133 mph stock in decent air. A stock C7Z wont trap that.
ajrothm is offline  
The following users liked this post:
RobGZ06 (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 04:39 PM
  #35  
RobGZ06
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,830
Received 415 Likes on 341 Posts
Default

Agreed. Red eyes no joke lol.

They will be right there with a z.
RobGZ06 is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 04:55 PM
  #36  
ajrothm
CF Senior Member
 
ajrothm's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2006
Location: League City Tx
Posts: 9,484
Received 728 Likes on 552 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RobGZ06 View Post
Agreed. Red eyes no joke lol.

They will be right there with a z.

Exactly.... I mean a regular Hellcat traps within 2-3 mph as a C7Z, and more then a few I have seen the Hellcat trap damn near the same as a C7Z...depending on who is better at managing the heat at the track. A Red Eye is roughly 90 rwhp more.....I've seen a few Red Eyes dyno 700-715 rwhp depending on the dyno/conditions/temps...

Honestly, I'd say a Red Eye is faster then a stock C7Z period....and damn sure faster after a couple back to back pulls.
ajrothm is offline  
The following users liked this post:
RobGZ06 (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 05:35 PM
  #37  
RobGZ06
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,830
Received 415 Likes on 341 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ajrothm View Post
Exactly.... I mean a regular Hellcat traps within 2-3 mph as a C7Z, and more then a few I have seen the Hellcat trap damn near the same as a C7Z...depending on who is better at managing the heat at the track. A Red Eye is roughly 90 rwhp more.....I've seen a few Red Eyes dyno 700-715 rwhp… depending on the dyno/conditions/temps...

Honestly, I'd say a Red Eye is faster then a stock C7Z period....and damn sure faster after a couple back to back pulls.

I agree, and if a C7Z runs a redeye challenger (has better aerodynamics than a charger), i believe the HC will walk it off a roll. Regardless of how heavy it is. It has a lot more RWHP and a better/faster shifting trans.

It's scary to know that anyone can just get a redeye off a showroom floor, not know anything about cars, and beat a car as amazing as a C7Z lol.

Last edited by RobGZ06; 06-12-2019 at 05:35 PM.
RobGZ06 is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 05:55 PM
  #38  
Gee Venom
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Posts: 230
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RobGZ06 View Post
I agree, and if a C7Z runs a redeye challenger (has better aerodynamics than a charger), i believe the HC will walk it off a roll. Regardless of how heavy it is. It has a lot more RWHP and a better/faster shifting trans.

It's scary to know that anyone can just get a redeye off a showroom floor, not know anything about cars, and beat a car as amazing as a C7Z lol.
How much are da Red Eyes going for?
Gee Venom is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 06:20 PM
  #39  
RobGZ06
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,830
Received 415 Likes on 341 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Gee Venom View Post
How much are da Red Eyes going for?
https://www.edmunds.com/dodge/challe...ellcat-redeye/

Bargain of the century
RobGZ06 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Gee Venom (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 09:52 PM
  #40  
Mr. Gizmo
CF Senior Member
 
Mr. Gizmo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 5,086
Received 348 Likes on 280 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MyfirstvetteC06 View Post
I have 17 Z06 and also own a 19 Redeye. So much fun. I would have to say the Z06 would smoke the Redeye. Both great cars.
Attachment 48303078Attachment 48303079


Mr. Gizmo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 19Z M7 vs manual Hellcat Challenger 50mph roll


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: