C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Window Sticker

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 12:34 PM
Reeceorama
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Window Sticker

Hello. I have just been told after trying for a year to get a replacement window sticker for my C7Z that they will not issue one after the car is 2 years old. The dealer of origin put in a request over a year ago and has been pending until a denial today. Is this right. If so GM just lost a customer over a ******* window sticker. Any knowledge out there. Thx.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:45 PM
Demps
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Window Sticker

NCM

Ted
The following users liked this post:
NortonCO (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 12:45 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 866 Likes on 609 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

In the past, we could get them from the Corvette Museum. Build sheet too.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:49 PM
919cw313
Le Mans Master

Received 2,684 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Demps
NCM

Ted
^ Yeah that.

Or a replica at a fraction of the NCM price: https://monroneylabels.com/

Or any GM dealer can print a copy of the original invoice for free.

No need to swear off a brand for a window sticker, seems a bit childish.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:01 PM
Reeceorama
Instructor

Originally Posted by 919cw313
^ Yeah that.

Or a replica at a fraction of the NCM price: https://monroneylabels.com/

Or any GM dealer can print a copy of the original invoice for free.

No need to swear off a brand for a window sticker, seems a bit childish.
Did you read the thread starter? A year wait to get a copy of the sticker and no results while I had to make 6 phone calls to find that out is enough for me. Should have been settled a year ago. No wonder so many problems at GM. The corvette is great but my new truck won’t be a Chevy. How many people don’t go back to a restaurant because of poor customer service? Not childish, I don’t wait around and maybe I expect better customer service than you.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:02 PM
Reeceorama
Instructor

Ordered from NCM. Thank!
The following 3 users liked this post by Reeceorama:
corvettemuseum (10-19-2020), need-for-speed (10-19-2020), NortonCO (10-20-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 01:08 PM
919cw313
Le Mans Master

Received 2,684 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Reeceorama
Did you read the thread starter? A year wait to get a copy of the sticker and no results while I had to make 6 phone calls to find that out is enough for me. Should have been settled a year ago. No wonder so many problems at GM. The corvette is great but my new truck won’t be a Chevy. How many people don’t go back to a restaurant because of poor customer service? Not childish, I don’t wait around and maybe I expect better customer service than you.
Sounds like a dealer problem, not GM. Good luck with your new truck.
ZR1Bob (10-20-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 01:17 PM
Reeceorama
Instructor

Originally Posted by 919cw313
Sounds like a dealer problem, not GM. Good luck with your new truck.
you can only get a copy if requested by the originating dealer. The dealer has inquired about the status 3 times not including the original request that is made by computer. That’s a Manufacturer problem but you can blame the mailman for that lost delivery if you want to.
Old 10-19-2020, 02:01 PM
CaliZ
Racer

Received 194 Likes on 90 Posts

...If so GM just lost a customer over a ******* window sticker....
I don’t think anyone would be upset about losing a customer over a window sticker. Could only imagine the rant if someone doesn’t hold the door open for you when you bring the car in for service. Not being a dick and don’t mean to offend, just saying.
The following 2 users liked this post by CaliZ:
919cw313 (10-19-2020), MM9284 (10-20-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 02:15 PM
Reeceorama
Instructor

Originally Posted by CaliZ
I don’t think anyone would be upset about losing a customer over a window sticker. Could only imagine the rant if someone doesn’t hold the door open for you when you bring the car in for service. Not being a dick and don’t mean to offend, just saying.
Anybody who has to state they are not being a dick or mean to offend are definitely a dick who means to offend. You seem to be the one butthurt that a person has criticized and chooses not to do business with your preferred brand. How do you correlate waiting a year for something only to be told we couldn’t have helped even a year ago with holding a door open at service? Thank you to the forum members who answered the question without taking the poor customer service personally and feeling the need to come to GM’s defense. And I thought most Shelby guys were douche bags.
Tuf2Pas (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 02:27 PM
CaliZ
Racer

You’re obviously extremely sensitive since you’re whining about and swearing off an entire brand (actually several brands) of car over something so petty. My response needed that disclaimer because of your childish rant just as another member pointed out.

maybe your dealer dropped the ball, maybe after waiting a week or 2 you should’ve taken it upon yourself to contact the proper channels or attempt to get an answer. Just sounds like you feel entitled. It’s not a big deal dude. You won’t have a window sticker for your mass-produced corvette.
919cw313 (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 02:36 PM
Reeceorama
Instructor

You’re obviously extremely sensitive since you’re whining about and swearing off an entire brand (actually several brands) of car over something so petty. My response needed that disclaimer because of your childish rant just as another member pointed out.

maybe your dealer dropped the ball, maybe after waiting a week or 2 you should’ve taken it upon yourself to contact the proper channels or attempt to get an answer. Just sounds like you feel entitled. It’s not a big deal dude. You won’t have a window sticker for your mass-produced corvette.
Knowing what I know now I should have come on the forum to start with but probably would have had some know it all like you find some way not to answer the question while trying to feel like some sort internet tough guy. As for the other guy that only proves there’s more than one douche bag out there. I’m very happy with my mass produced corvette, it’s extremely good and even better than almost every limited production car I own or have owned. The problem with Corvettes is people like you that make non owners associate douchbaggery with an otherwise awesome car.
Old 10-19-2020, 02:42 PM
CaliZ
Racer

You have an awesome but will never get another awesome corvette (Or any GM car) ever again because you couldn’t get a replacement window sticker. Please remember this before calling other people names.
Old 10-19-2020, 02:53 PM
Reeceorama
Instructor

You have an awesome but will never get another awesome corvette (Or any GM car) ever again because you couldn’t get a replacement window sticker. Please remember this before calling other people names.
I was on the fence between 3 new vehicles, one being a GM. This situation removed GM from the race for my new truck. I am #1 in line for the new Z06 with no markup. I will make a decision when the time comes. I don’t know what criteria you use to make purchase decisions but I do know you feel the need to criticize others for theirs. I also see your insecurity led you to take a shot at the “mass produced” car, I’m starting to thing your Vette is a Chevette.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:06 PM
rtv900
Drifting

Received 552 Likes on 368 Posts

Anybody who has to state they are not being a dick or mean to offend are definitely a dick who means to offend.
^this sentence had me cracking up
The original owner of my Z07 kept his window sticker actually and gave it to me. It's sitting in a drawer because I don't really want to display a sticker with a $105,000 price considering some people that come to my house may not be as fortunate as me and I don't want to look like a douche. So in reality it will probably sit in that drawer for the next decade collecting dust.
joemessman (10-20-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 03:15 PM
Reeceorama
Instructor

Originally Posted by rtv900
^this sentence had me cracking up
The original owner of my Z07 kept his window sticker actually and gave it to me. It's sitting in a drawer because I don't really want to display a sticker with a $105,000 price considering some people that come to my house may not be as fortunate as me and I don't want to look like a douche. So in reality it will probably sit in that drawer for the next decade collecting dust.
I never got the sticker and was told the originating dealer was the route to take. I really only want it because potential buyers may ask for it. I do however have the build sheet. And I will reiterate, the car is spectacular, it’s the customer service that comes along with it that has me turned off. Enjoy.
Old 10-19-2020, 05:28 PM
Prime Target
Drifting

Received 279 Likes on 171 Posts

^^^Wait 'till this guy bends a rim^^^
MM9284 (10-20-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To Window Sticker

Old 10-19-2020, 06:24 PM
CaliZ
Racer

I was on the fence between 3 new vehicles, one being a GM. This situation removed GM from the race for my new truck. I am #1 in line for the new Z06 with no markup. I will make a decision when the time comes. I don’t know what criteria you use to make purchase decisions but I do know you feel the need to criticize others for theirs. I also see your insecurity led you to take a shot at the “mass produced” car, I’m starting to thing your Vette is a Chevette.
So not only are you a petty child, but now you’re a liar too.

I have a mass-produced z06 too. It has problems. I’m aware of other people who have bigger problems with them. I’m aware of other people who have other problems with their GM products. GM will be in the running when I go shopping for a new car next time.

Just relax man, it’s a piece of paper. You’ll be fine when reselling the car, it won’t bring anymore value. Go worry about what’s for dinner.

Last edited by CaliZ; 10-19-2020 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:33 PM
Reeceorama
Instructor

Originally Posted by Prime Target
^^^Wait 'till this guy bends a rim^^^
You must be one of the lawsuit guys. Just go buy a new one already.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:58 PM
Reeceorama
Instructor

So not only are you a petty child, but now you’re a liar too.

I have a mass-produced z06 too. It has problems. I’m aware of other people who have bigger problems with them. I’m aware of other people who have other problems with their GM products. GM will be in the running when I go shopping for a new car next time.

Just relax man, it’s a piece of paper. You’ll be fine when reselling the car, it won’t bring anymore value. Go worry about what’s for dinner.
Yes it’s only a piece of paper, a piece of paper I requested well over a year ago and was very patient only to be told I could only get one if it was processed a year ago..... my car is perfect, don’t see why you all have so many problems, I’m guessing user error. The poor customer service and being dismissive is the problem and I choose not to reward GM by spending $85k after that. I made it clear to them and they didn’t seem to care so I still don’t understand why you and a few others care so much about my customer loyalty when they don’t. I’m in Michigan tonight, Buddy’s Pizza for dinner.

Quick Reply: Window Sticker