C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

DIC Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2021, 08:27 PM
Big Reds Z
VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 37 Posts
Default DIC Gauges

I have two question about how to calculate engine hrs. and engine revs., anybody know that formula? I have a 2015 Z06 with 129 Hrs. on the engine and 3956 Revs. on engine, with 14,339 miles . The other question is how do you get these counters too work? I've had a 2019 GS and couldn't get them to work, and I thought it was because I didn't have the Z07 package . I have the z06/z07 package now, and still can't get them too work. I thought you can control and set them from the DIC info center, on all the videos I've seen by scrolling through menu but , I'm unable too do that . Has anybody experienced this issue ?

Old 03-21-2021, 11:48 PM
RonC7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,302 Likes on 862 Posts

From the Owner's manual (searched for hour):

Engine Hours/Lifetime Revs :
Displays the total number of hours
the engine has run. It also shows
total engine revolutions divided by

Not driven very much at all if only 129hr. But 14339 miles in 129 hr is an AVERAGE speed of 111 mph. Something is wrong here...

Total engine revolutions of 39,560,000 and 129 hr is an AVERAGE of 5111 rpm. Again, does not make sense.

I don't know of any way to reset these counters, but it sure seems like the hour meter is way low.

Those lap timers worked on my 2014 but I recall they no longer worked when the PDR was available - even if your car was not equipped with PDR.

Ron

Last edited by RonC7; 03-21-2021 at 11:53 PM.
Old 03-22-2021, 06:15 AM
Big Reds Z
VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RonC7
From the Owner's manual (searched for hour):

Engine Hours/Lifetime Revs :
Displays the total number of hours
the engine has run. It also shows
total engine revolutions divided by

Not driven very much at all if only 129hr. But 14339 miles in 129 hr is an AVERAGE speed of 111 mph. Something is wrong here...

Total engine revolutions of 39,560,000 and 129 hr is an AVERAGE of 5111 rpm. Again, does not make sense.

I don't know of any way to reset these counters, but it sure seems like the hour meter is way low.

Those lap timers worked on my 2014 but I recall they no longer worked when the PDR was available - even if your car was not equipped with PDR.

Ron
Hey RonC7 thanks for that info ,cars in good shape and I bought in January with 13,106 miles on it , one owner and I was curious on the life it had before I got it, seams like it was treated pretty good with a little track time. Also thanks for the info. on the gauges ,that explains why they didn't work on the 19 GS and my 15Z now.
Big Reds Z

Last edited by Big Reds Z; 03-22-2021 at 06:16 AM.
Old 03-22-2021, 04:09 PM
RonC7
Melting Slicks

Minor correction - cars with PDR do not have the lap timer page per this bulletin. The lap timer page drives the numbers you are asking about:

https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...2016-1285.html

Ron
Old 03-22-2021, 05:52 PM
Big Reds Z
VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Minor correction - cars with PDR do not have the lap timer page per this bulletin. The lap timer page drives the numbers you are asking about:

https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...2016-1285.html

Ron
Thanks RonC7, got it, I thought the PDR had something to do with that .I appreciate your feedback and on the other thing with the engine Hrs. etc. I've seen other comments about others guys data that people say doesn't add up, also , I think everything is kosher and that kinda tells me that it was on the track for some of the time . That makes sense too me because everybody I know that has a Z has did the track tour. What do you think ? Big Reds Z
Old 03-22-2021, 08:07 PM
RonC7
Melting Slicks

You asked for an opinion.

My opinion is that the hours you state are somehow way low - average speed and rpm correlate with each other, but are just not reasonable. Misread, typo, reset somehow... Are you certain that is not 2xx or 3xx hours?

I don't believe the average speed or rpm is possible unless this car spent its entire life on a dyno or test track, was a dedicated track car driven by a professional driver, and even then I doubt it when you consider all of the tuning, warm up, cool down, pits, etc, etc, etc.

My opinion is that the hours were reset for some reason or by some fluke.

Mechanical Engineer with 40+ years experience...

Ron

Old 03-22-2021, 08:43 PM
Big Reds Z
VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

You asked for an opinion.

My opinion is that the hours you state are somehow way low - average speed and rpm correlate with each other, but are just not reasonable. Misread, typo, reset somehow... Are you certain that is not 2xx or 3xx hours?

I don't believe the average speed or rpm is possible unless this car spent its entire life on a dyno or test track, was a dedicated track car driven by a professional driver, and even then I doubt it when you consider all of the tuning, warm up, cool down, pits, etc, etc, etc.

My opinion is that the hours were reset for some reason or by some fluke.

Mechanical Engineer with 40+ years experience...

Ron
How would you be able to reset the Hrs., and who knows ,maybe it did spent it's time on the track, I was just curious ,It really doesn't matter to me.

Get notified of new replies

To DIC Gauges

Quick Reply: DIC Gauges