C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Battery question

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 06:08 AM
mdformula350
Drifting

Received 471 Likes on 363 Posts

I dont have I have a real close oreilly anymore so never check them. usually just advance, zone, or pboys even walmart carries good selection.
I mean if its the exact size same or better ratings then the stocker and has handles with a warranty doesnt seem bad, but it only seems to have a 2 year limited warranty. but if it lasts that long I would think it would go another time. I usually either have batteries that are going to go bad go quickly within 2 or 3 years. I had 2 new cars and batteries went bad within 2 years and were replaced under warranty of some sort of coverage.
I was just going to get another delco replacement when the time comes, my bakcup choice was the diehard replacement.
looks like its $180 plus tax and core charge of $22, thats getting up there in price for what it is.

Old 10-25-2022, 04:53 PM
Garret
Race Director

Received 979 Likes on 461 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by mdformula350
I dont have I have a real close oreilly anymore so never check them. usually just advance, zone, or pboys even walmart carries good selection.
I mean if its the exact size same or better ratings then the stocker and has handles with a warranty doesnt seem bad, but it only seems to have a 2 year limited warranty. but if it lasts that long I would think it would go another time. I usually either have batteries that are going to go bad go quickly within 2 or 3 years. I had 2 new cars and batteries went bad within 2 years and were replaced under warranty of some sort of coverage.
I was just going to get another delco replacement when the time comes, my bakcup choice was the diehard replacement.
looks like its $180 plus tax and core charge of $22, thats getting up there in price for what it is.
I could not find where AC Delco's were sold here. Glad you mentioned Walmart...Never even thought of them. I see they have the AGM, but I hesitate to buy AGM because per what I read the charger is a different spec, not sure my stock one I got with the car would work with it. Guess I need to do a little more research.
Old 10-25-2022, 05:35 PM
Rdubfalco
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Has anyone ran a Braille Battery? I'm considering this Lithium Ion unit that weighs only 9 pounds and with the tender will last years. I know they're expensive, but you likely won't have to buy one for well over 5 years if maintained properly and those of us who like weight reduction this is it.

https://braillebattery.com/collectio...oducts/ml30c-1
Old 10-25-2022, 08:57 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,829 Posts

There was a forum vendor selling Li Ion batteries a while back. Not sure how many bought them given the price.

They need a Li Ion capable charger/tender.
Old 10-26-2022, 12:41 AM
Rdubfalco
Pro

Originally Posted by Maxpowers
There was a forum vendor selling Li Ion batteries a while back. Not sure how many bought them given the price.

They need a Li Ion capable charger/tender.
Braille is the battery used by Corvette Racing. C5,6,&C7.R

They have a tender on their website available for multiple batteries they carry.
Old 10-26-2022, 10:50 AM
Gixxerman

Received 3,751 Likes on 2,129 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Winner - Modified
St. Jude Donor '18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

My vote go with AC Delco... mine has no signs of deterioration yet in my 2017.. OEM just works
Old 10-26-2022, 02:36 PM
Garret
Race Director

I ended going right down the road to the Chev dealer and they had one in stock, go figure. Now the fun of putting it in without handles
Old 10-26-2022, 03:44 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Garret
I ended going right down the road to the Chev dealer and they had one in stock, go figure. Now the fun of putting it in without handles
Get a post handle to pull it out. Cheap and easy. Dont use it to put the new one in. It could damage it internally. Dropping it in is pretty easy holding it from the side and letting gravity do the work.
Old 10-26-2022, 04:18 PM
Rdubfalco
Pro

Get a post handle to pull it out. Cheap and easy. Dont use it to put the new one in. It could damage it internally. Dropping it in is pretty easy holding it from the side and letting gravity do the work.
Maxpowers,

Are you talking about a specific tool to pull out or a battery with handles integrated?
If there's a tool can you drop the link?
Old 10-26-2022, 09:44 PM
Garret
Race Director

I got it in ther OK, just so awkward. Car did start and now it's on the charger. If I did it all right it won't start on fire I guess...lol. I have to say I would have thought the charger would be green by now, but we will see tomorrow.
Old 10-27-2022, 12:37 AM
Gixxerman

Received 3,751 Likes on 2,129 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Winner - Modified
St. Jude Donor '18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

I used a few ancra tie down extensions as handles.. remember to take vent elbow off before swapping it will almost always break off if you leave it on when muscling that battery out of there .. it is a bear..
Old 10-27-2022, 05:53 AM
mdformula350
Drifting

Received 471 Likes on 363 Posts

I bought this PICO 0867PT Battery Carrier/Lifter Strap to assist in my battery removals and installs. worked ok, couple of way to make home straps but either way be careful and dont drop the battery and especially on your hand/fingers...
Amazon Amazon

I also had to buy this GM Genuine Parts 25894253 Battery Vent Tube because when i got my car the vent tube wasnt installed and it was missing the the cap on the one end of battery and the figured i could use that stuff to make a new cap and ensure the vent tube was full functional.
Old 10-30-2022, 01:41 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Rdubfalco
Maxpowers,

Are you talking about a specific tool to pull out or a battery with handles integrated?
If there's a tool can you drop the link?
Apologies for the delayed response. See the post above.

Quick Reply: Battery question