C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Still without my car at dealer.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2023, 05:45 AM
Internets_Ninja
Safety Car

Received 1,297 Likes on 855 Posts

I knew they were jerking his chain when they said it would be on the lift in 3 days. Sounds like there was a financial standoff to me. Dealer wanted to be paid for work performed and refused to move forward. Owner wanted car to be completed before paying for anything. If I were a betting man, I would bet the recent $96xx paid was a past due balance. Now that the dealer has their past due balance covered, they are still in NO RUSH to get this car on a lift and worked on. There is STILL something that we are not being told here.

Where are the wheels and front suspension parts?
Where is the Engine?
Where is the Trans and torque tube?
Why would a dealer not want the car on the lift, yet store the entire drive train in their shop for 3 years?

Mark I understand you had some life challenges along this 3 year journey. I hope your health is good now. But what is the real deal? WTF is going on? Are you going to do something about this? Why haven't they moved your car? Do you have a lawyer yet? C'mon man, come clean with this unbelievable story.
The following users liked this post:
sonicss33 (11-22-2023)
Old 11-22-2023, 06:38 AM
*89x2*
Team Owner

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,080 Posts

Originally Posted by *89x2*
We probably have to wait for another milestone. Maybe it’s after daylight saving time clock roll back, maybe it’ll be after Thanksgiving. Maybe Christmas, maybe the Easter bunny. Not sure, but doesn’t seem like there’s much priority on any of this from him kind of think From the way, it reads, it doesn’t really have much of a priority to get it out of that shop and get it back on the road. Maybe I’ve missed it.

DST passed… Thanksgiving is this week… That leaves the Christmas milestone and Easter Bunny to come to the rescue

Who’s got odds on what??
Old 11-22-2023, 09:11 PM
ValenciaOrange
Pro

Received 192 Likes on 110 Posts

I say all his problems with be resolved by January 1, 2024. How this story was presented to us, shows the owner of this Corvette is really on top of this situation. He just had a minor delay, which seems to not really have bothered him much. I now know , if my dealer keeps my car for an extra year or two, I should just be patient.
Old 11-22-2023, 09:43 PM
mark rolnick
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Aerovette
I really REALLY hope this is a joke.
they use a special padded attachment.
CorvetteBrent (02-13-2024)
Old 11-22-2023, 09:45 PM
mark rolnick
Instructor

Originally Posted by ValenciaOrange
I say all his problems with be resolved by January 1, 2024. How this story was presented to us, shows the owner of this Corvette is really on top of this situation. He just had a minor delay, which seems to not really have bothered him much. I now know , if my dealer keeps my car for an extra year or two, I should just be patient.
🤣👍car is officially in. Will be staying in till finished.
Dads2kconvertible (11-22-2023)
Old 11-22-2023, 09:55 PM
mark rolnick
Instructor

Originally Posted by rtv900
this is hilarious
like what could go wrong with some dealer forklift operator picking up the front end with a couple two by fours on the forks and driving a car and maneuvering back and forth to get it in a door.
no chance it could just slip off the forks and cause major damage

also, no reason to have even asked that for the first 3 years or care at all, or maybe insist your car is NOT moved with a forklift
I'm fine with it. They damage, they fix. Deep breaths!
Old 11-22-2023, 09:57 PM
mark rolnick
Instructor

Originally Posted by rtv900
he's planning on driving by tomorrow to look from a distance and not get out of his car to even get close to his corvette on blocks

but Bill is on the job, so no chance this will go on for another year
maybe next week. I'll take a selfie for you.
Old 11-22-2023, 09:58 PM
mark rolnick
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dads2kconvertible
If Mark's lucky streak continues he'll get the car done & paid for and it will be totaled the first day it's back.
I sense dark sarcastic humor.
Catfish4818 (11-23-2023)
Old 11-22-2023, 10:21 PM
mark rolnick
Instructor

Originally Posted by Internets_Ninja
I knew they were jerking his chain when they said it would be on the lift in 3 days. Sounds like there was a financial standoff to me. Dealer wanted to be paid for work performed and refused to move forward. Owner wanted car to be completed before paying for anything. If I were a betting man, I would bet the recent $96xx paid was a past due balance. Now that the dealer has their past due balance covered, they are still in NO RUSH to get this car on a lift and worked on. There is STILL something that we are not being told here.

Where is the Engine?
Why would a dealer not want the car on the lift, yet store the entire drive train in their shop for 3 years?

Mark I understand you had some life challenges along this 3 year journey. I hope your health is good now. But what is the real deal? WTF is going on? Are you going to do something about this? Why haven't they moved your car? Do you have a lawyer yet? C'mon man, come clean with this unbelievable story.
First, the car is in and staying in. Yes! I Ynow its unbelievable! It's absurd. It was the perfect storm of covid,deaths and funerals, surgeries, rehabs, travel and this car. Ive always been in contact with Bill via phone or texts or driving down there. I was constantly under the impression that as soon as a bay opens, it's coming in! They wouldn't let him bring it in bc they didn't want to tie up 2 bays in case my car got delayed or something. Put Bill in the middle. As far as the 9800 bucks, there was never an issue with acbill nor even a request for anything. Obviously there would be something from when I first brought it in for removing the engine, shocks(that I bought), clutch, etc which I assumed would be on the final bill when (if) I ever got my car back, but this was the first time anyone brought it up and they said they just wanted to close it out and start a new ticket at which time he said Bill wanted to use a reduced labor rate which he pretty much said the same to me when I sat with him.from what I cam see, he's pretty fed up with them and the entire situation. The office wanted to squeeze as much money out of their service department. Unfortunately they squeezed it out of me.
The following 2 users liked this post by mark rolnick:
CorvetteBrent (02-13-2024), Dads2kconvertible (11-22-2023)
Old 11-22-2023, 10:41 PM
mark rolnick
Instructor

Where is the Engine?

Heres the engine. Warm and comfy inside with kooks 3" longtubes
The following 2 users liked this post by mark rolnick:
CorvetteBrent (02-13-2024), Dads2kconvertible (11-22-2023)
Old 11-22-2023, 11:57 PM
Dads2kconvertible
Drifting

Received 657 Likes on 433 Posts

Good to see the suspension parts with it.
I'll be very happy for you when you get it back Mark.
mark rolnick (11-23-2023)
Old 11-23-2023, 09:15 PM
mark rolnick
Instructor

👍👍
Old 11-24-2023, 05:32 AM
Pro

Received 222 Likes on 113 Posts

This whole thread has to be a joke.
NK-minnesota (11-26-2023)
Old 11-24-2023, 10:15 AM
mark rolnick
Instructor

Originally Posted by 6104696
This whole thread has to be a joke.
um, NOPE!
Old 11-24-2023, 10:25 PM
Lights ZR1
Burning Brakes

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts

I can't even comprehend this thread. Over 3 years no car? I'd be banging on their door after a couple weeks TOPS. Every local news station would hear about this. And more importantly, they wouldn't get a DIME until work is completed. I have never heard of a dealer requesting payment before work.

And those rear tires are shot, sitting in the same place for 3+ years, flat spotted and probably damaged the cords/belts.

Hire a lawyer regardless of the outcome, and get paid. They took you for a ride.
mark rolnick (11-25-2023)
Old 11-25-2023, 01:11 AM
mark rolnick
Instructor

Originally Posted by CorvetteFan1953
I can't even comprehend this thread. Over 3 years no car? I'd be banging on their door after a couple weeks TOPS. Every local news station would hear about this. And more importantly, they wouldn't get a DIME until work is completed. I have never heard of a dealer requesting payment before work.

And those rear tires are shot, sitting in the same place for 3+ years, flat spotted and probably damaged the cords/belts.

Hire a lawyer regardless of the outcome, and get paid. They took you for a ride.
Bumby ride
Old 11-25-2023, 08:11 AM
Pro

Received 222 Likes on 113 Posts

OK, so a few questions:

Do you have a roll cage? If not, what tracks have you gone on that allow convertibles with no roll cage?
Why, in one picture, is the suspension present but the brake parts missing?
Why, in another picture, is the entire suspension missing?
Why, and how, can you be so cavalier about "they damage it, they fix it," when they have allegedly already taken 3+ years for a straightforward repair?
Have you been paying for insurance, taxes, and registration fees all this time (forgive me for not reading all 9 pages)?

This is all beyond belief.
Harbgrogan (11-26-2023)

Get notified of new replies

To Still without my car at dealer.

Old 11-26-2023, 05:09 AM
NK-minnesota
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

I’ve been without my C7 Z stuck at the dealer for 15 years. Can I get a junk thread please?
Old 11-26-2023, 01:04 PM
mark rolnick
Instructor

Originally Posted by NK-minnesota
I’ve been without my C7 Z stuck at the dealer for 15 years. Can I get a junk thread please?
Sure. Start one up. Its easy! DM me for tips.
CorvetteBrent (02-13-2024)
Old 11-26-2023, 01:55 PM
Bikespace
Le Mans Master

Received 3,208 Likes on 2,381 Posts

I hope you're actually going to get it going. But I'll believe it when I see a picture of it on the lift in the dealership.
Yup! Still waiting for the proof. How hard is it to get out of the car, walk into the service department, and take a picture of the car on the lift?

Too bad ELCO doesn't have a service bay webcam that I could find.

https://www.elcochevrolet.com/st-louis-chevrolet

Did you ever follow-up with GM, who offered to help? Or are you still adding pages to your long-form thesis?

Quick Reply: Still without my car at dealer.