C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Rock Auto CCB Sensor Wire Harness

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 05:57 PM
stoessjc
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Rock Auto CCB Sensor Wire Harness

I was given this suggestion for dealing with the common CCB brakes warning message. Please chime in if you have had experience using the sensor wire harness from Rock Auto:

POWER STOP SW1203 (rockauto.com)

Pair of fronts and pair of rears are about $118 shipped. My GM extended warranty is $100 deductible plus time taking car to dealer and worrying about the care it gets. The way it was described, the swap-out is straightforward - remove wheel, unplug the wire harness, use needle nose pliers to pull the sensor out from the inside brake pad. install new sensor, and connect harness. No need to remove calipers. The additional $18 to buy from Rock Auto and the time to install them myself is worth keeping the car out of a stranger's hands.

The pads have about 3/8" remaining material, inside and outside. I tested each wheel for continuity in the sensor harness. Three of the four were open circuit. The fourth one would measure open if I wiggled/twisted the harness. Three of them replaced (both fronts, left rear) under factory warranty at 24.000 miles. 31,000 miles later, all appear to have failed.
Old 05-13-2024, 05:34 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,520 Likes on 1,035 Posts

Default Ccb's

Originally Posted by stoessjc
I was given this suggestion for dealing with the common CCB brakes warning message. Please chime in if you have had experience using the sensor wire harness from Rock Auto:

POWER STOP SW1203 (rockauto.com)

Pair of fronts and pair of rears are about $118 shipped. My GM extended warranty is $100 deductible plus time taking car to dealer and worrying about the care it gets. The way it was described, the swap-out is straightforward - remove wheel, unplug the wire harness, use needle nose pliers to pull the sensor out from the inside brake pad. install new sensor, and connect harness. No need to remove calipers. The additional $18 to buy from Rock Auto and the time to install them myself is worth keeping the car out of a stranger's hands.

The pads have about 3/8" remaining material, inside and outside. I tested each wheel for continuity in the sensor harness. Three of the four were open circuit. The fourth one would measure open if I wiggled/twisted the harness. Three of them replaced (both fronts, left rear) under factory warranty at 24.000 miles. 31,000 miles later, all appear to have failed.
On my 2019 ZR1

I can't say about Rock Auto, I got mine from a local dealer, but there is also an updated program flash for the problem, I had mine done while it was in for the sensors. I used a shop in upstate SC. Let me know if you would like his number/location? I also changed the front pads to Carbotech's. So far they have been great. I'm probably going to install them on my 16 Z06 soon.

Old 05-14-2024, 09:19 AM
stoessjc
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the info. Could you please expand a bit on the updated program flash for the problem. I was not aware of that.
Old 05-14-2024, 09:39 AM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,520 Likes on 1,035 Posts

Default Ccb

Originally Posted by stoessjc
Thanks for the info. Could you please expand a bit on the updated program flash for the problem. I was not aware of that.
The shop owner knew about it. I'm sorry I don't know any more specifics other than they can access GM service bulletins.
Old 05-15-2024, 12:54 AM
stoessjc
Burning Brakes

Bump

Get notified of new replies

To Rock Auto CCB Sensor Wire Harness

Quick Reply: Rock Auto CCB Sensor Wire Harness