C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Mero car harness and harness bar

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 07:59 AM
pfg1
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Mero car harness and harness bar

I think many of us would like to know and see the way Jim’s ZR1 was set up with the harness and harness bar. Were the air bags still active? There has been much exchanged on this subject but to see how they configured his test car would be helpful. I am not sure how to get this question to the correct sources for an answer.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:11 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

I'd like to know as well. You might want to try submitting an ask tadge question.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:24 PM
truth.b
Drifting

Received 119 Likes on 91 Posts

I'm in as well. It would good to know how if this was the same strategy they used with the C6 platform.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:23 PM
racerns
Melting Slicks

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by truth.b
I'm in as well. It would good to know how if this was the same strategy they used with the C6 platform.
With the C6 platform the would always put in race seats, harness bar and the race harnesses. I am 95% sure that they did the same for the early testing of the C7 Z06s. There is always some concern of using race harness with a non fixed back seat.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:22 PM
truth.b
Drifting

Received 119 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by racerns
With the C6 platform the would always put in race seats, harness bar and the race harnesses. I am 95% sure that they did the same for the early testing of the C7 Z06s. There is always some concern of using race harness with a non fixed back seat.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm more interested in how they mounted the Sparco's, fixed belts, bar etc. and why they feel that is sufficient safety for their "hot run" validation testing.

My main concern with using fixed seats and harness in my car is doing it properly. I feel more comfortable with the 3-point belts and airbags for two reason: 1st, Not being as secure should keep me from pushing and therefore my speeds should be slower. 2nd, if something does go wrong all the safety system are designed together so it should dissipate the energy in occurrence of a crash.

Back to topic it would be really good to know if these cars are equipped with full air bag systems and if they all are function.... i.e maybe the steering wheel is disabled but everything else still works.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:05 AM
Basil2000
Drifting

Received 962 Likes on 498 Posts

Yea, I would like to know what his set up is. I have been tracking my car as stock. Now that I have done two seasons tracking my car, my speeds have been creeping up. I have started to think about two things. 1 is being able to drive my car without gripping the wheel to stay in my seat and 2 how safe am I if I hit something.

Get notified of new replies

To Mero car harness and harness bar

Quick Reply: Mero car harness and harness bar