As Expected: ZR1 TPW’s Are Moving Around - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 ZR1 Discussion
Reload this Page >

As Expected: ZR1 TPW’s Are Moving Around

Notices
C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

As Expected: ZR1 TPW’s Are Moving Around

Reply

 
 
 
Old 02-06-2018, 03:34 PM
  #1  
elegant
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
elegant's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2003
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 2,395
Thanked 1,008 Times in 497 Posts
Default As Expected: ZR1 TPW’s Are Moving Around

As we know, a TPW stands for Target Production Week, or I also like to think of it, Tentative Production Week. As we all know, a TPW can move forward and can move backwards. Emotionally, however, when we initially hear our TPW, we get locked into that week, and crestfallen when it slides backyards.

A person who initially got his TPW of March 5th, just got his ZR1 moved backwards, and quite a bit, to April 2nd. I do not know every single option he/she checked off, but can tell you it is a Auto, DOSP Convertible.

Does this mean that every convertible or every DOSP car has similarly been moved? I would doubt that, but those who belong to one of those matrices, should re-check with their dealer.

Again the particular order whose TPW was just moved back four full weeks may have some unique other options, e.g., “select a VIN” or something highly unusual.

If others with a “DOSP auto convertible combination” chime in on this thread, we might be able to collectively learn more as to what is going on. And perhaps this Thursday constraint list (if there is a consensus as we hope), could help us answer what might be the cause of the TPW lag.

Hope it is not the DOSP package for that has not been an issue before.

Last edited by elegant; 02-06-2018 at 03:35 PM.
elegant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:11 PM
  #2  
[email protected]
Supporting Vendor
 
Ben@WeaponX's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2012
Location: Cin City
Posts: 3,689
Thanked 204 Times in 151 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14
Default

Originally Posted by elegant View Post
As we know, a TPW stands for Target Production Week, or I also like to think of it, Tentative Production Week. As we all know, a TPW can move forward and can move backwards. Emotionally, however, when we initially hear our TPW, we get locked into that week, and crestfallen when it slides backyards.

A person who initially got his TPW of March 5th, just got his ZR1 moved backwards, and quite a bit, to April 2nd. I do not know every single option he/she checked off, but can tell you it is a Auto, DOSP Convertible.

Does this mean that every convertible or every DOSP car has similarly been moved? I would doubt that, but those who belong to one of those matrices, should re-check with their dealer.

Again the particular order whose TPW was just moved back four full weeks may have some unique other options, e.g., “select a VIN” or something highly unusual.

If others with a “DOSP auto convertible combination” chime in on this thread, we might be able to collectively learn more as to what is going on. And perhaps this Thursday constraint list (if there is a consensus as we hope), could help us answer what might be the cause of the TPW lag.

Hope it is not the DOSP package for that has not been an issue before.
The earliest I've heard from a dealer build date was 2/19, but everything I've seen says it starts 3/5. So, I don't know where he got that info, but he sent it to me and it's a top 5 dealer with 3x allocations for the 2019 MY if I recall.
__________________
YOUR #1 SOURCE FOR CORVETTE WHEELS & CARBON!
WXM Forged, Forgeline, PUR, ADV1, HRE, 360Forged



[email protected] 427 LT1 BUILD



2014 Corvette Stingray 427 1000hp
2018 ZR1 order #7
2019 C8 order #6
2016 Cadillac ATS V - first in the 10s! 10.8 @ 126, 1.51 60'
2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
2009 CTS V - 1600hp
2015 Range Rover Sport SC 550hp
Ben@WeaponX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:13 PM
  #3  
elegant
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
elegant's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2003
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 2,395
Thanked 1,008 Times in 497 Posts
Default

Interesting, as again I am also seeing confirmation, as you noted, that production starts the week of March 5th.

I have seen top 3 dealers with March 12th TPW’s.

Hmm.
elegant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:46 PM
  #4  
Ronstar
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2012
Posts: 199
Thanked 37 Times in 24 Posts
Default

What is dosp?
Ronstar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:35 PM
  #5  
mikelj
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
mikelj's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2009
Location: High Mountains of New Mexico
Posts: 1,610
Thanked 171 Times in 128 Posts
C3 of Month Finalist 2015
Default

This is a real problem.
mikelj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 05:09 AM
  #6  
Sub Driver
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2015
Posts: 302
Thanks: 0
Thanked 65 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mikelj View Post
This is a real problem.
Not really.
Sub Driver is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sub Driver For This Useful Post:
mikelj (02-07-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 11:08 AM
  #7  
Easy Money
CF Member
 
Easy Money's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Location: Valentine Nebraska
Posts: 79
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Just checked with Chat this morning.... went to 3000 with a TPW 3/5/2018 ordered Black with the ZTK ordered 1/25/2018 had a priority 1 at the dealer
Easy Money is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:13 AM
  #8  
Easy Money
CF Member
 
Easy Money's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Location: Valentine Nebraska
Posts: 79
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

As far as rag tops, I was told that they will be the last to be built. I would expect a 30-60
day delay in relation to hardtops.
Easy Money is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:20 AM
  #9  
OutlawMotorsports
Junior Member
 
OutlawMotorsports's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2017
Location: Oneida Wisconsin
Posts: 39
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Easy Money View Post
Just checked with Chat this morning.... went to 3000 with a TPW 3/5/2018 ordered Black with the ZTK ordered 1/25/2018 had a priority 1 at the dealer


Same car here, Black with ZTK auto ordered 1/16 TPW 3/5/2018
OutlawMotorsports is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:50 AM
  #10  
Easy Money
CF Member
 
Easy Money's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Location: Valentine Nebraska
Posts: 79
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by OutlawMotorsports View Post
Same car here, Black with ZTK auto ordered 1/16 TPW 3/5/2018
Congrats, which interior? I had to have the AARP Chrome Wheels
Easy Money is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:33 PM
  #11  
BEZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
BEZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2005
Location: Daytona Beach FL
Posts: 10,915
Thanked 749 Times in 546 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
What is dosp?
I dunno either!?!?

But I assume he probably got a little dyslexic and actually meant SODP - Sebring Orange Design Package.

It may mean something entirely different, so I'm standing by for info also.

.
BEZ06 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BEZ06 For This Useful Post:
mikelj (02-08-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 12:42 PM
  #12  
OutlawMotorsports
Junior Member
 
OutlawMotorsports's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2017
Location: Oneida Wisconsin
Posts: 39
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Easy Money View Post
Congrats, which interior? I had to have the AARP Chrome Wheels

Black/suede. Chrome wheels
OutlawMotorsports is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Zymurgy
C7 General Discussion
21
04-18-2018 03:00 AM
elegant
C7 ZR1 Discussion
21
01-25-2018 10:18 PM
stillcrazy
C7 General Discussion
5
11-18-2017 08:33 AM
Frosty
C7 General Discussion
15
11-02-2017 04:32 PM
dash7510
C7 General Discussion
88
03-22-2016 02:47 AM

Forum Jump

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: