C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Torch Red with Chromes ZR *new pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 02:21 AM
REDZED2
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
I didn't post for yet another Chrome vs Black debacle. And if I want my car to be a cars and coffee Waxrrr you are NOT making the payments.

Oh look my WAXRRRs at a CnC Z with black ZR with Chromes The yellow Z to the right with Black is the new ZR owners as well. Go figure , we each have both

Hey Deb... first relax.. I was just more stunned and was unaware that GM was smart enough to offer the older, mature and rich the ZR1 with shiny or dark rims. I make my own payments on my Z as well and wrench on it as much as possible at my old age.

Only a C6 Z06 yet still smells and looks of new. Nice pic of your group. To each his own but this will (wheel thing) never die till the baby boomers do or GM stops making Corvettes all together or (heaven forbid only electric in the next couple decades). ENJOY ALL! WHERE CAN YOU GET THAT MUCH FOR THAT LITTLE? To me it's a lot of $$$... when you compare it to what it can whoop on the track it's cheap. That's why it's America's ONLY real sports car.

Old 03-23-2018, 04:37 AM
HPT
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 72 Posts

If I was forced to get chrome wheels on my ZR1 without the possibility of ever changing them, I'd pass...even if the car was offered for free. Gross.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:10 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

This Beauty just arrived at Matick on the East side and no it's not mine I wish The lucky owner is one of my Good Friends who has been in line for this for a long time, congrats Bill
Purchased my last Z06 from Matick, real nice people to do business with
Old 03-23-2018, 06:28 AM
D'ZR1 Messiah
Pro

Received 356 Likes on 157 Posts

I look at it like this...if everyone had the same tastes, the world would be a very boring place. Let's be happy for the people who have been lucky enough to grab one of these beauties. If it's not your car, just be happy for the folks. Let your car speak for you. If you don't prefer chrome wheels, I will know this when I see you pull up with black ones and vice versa. We shouldn't need to resort to shaming people because of their likes or dislikes.

I like chrome wheels on some cars. Most cars I've owned I've wanted chrome wheels on. However, in this instance I chose to order black wheels because I believe they are more menacing and makes the car look bad ***! Am I right...no....am I wrong..no....this is because this is my opinion and my car. Just something to think about folks. With all the hate going on in the world...would be nice for us to celebrate what we all know and love and just be happy that we are Corvette enthusiasts...because at the end of the day, that is what bonds us together. Kumbaya my Lord...kumbayaaaa...lol
The following 8 users liked this post by D'ZR1 Messiah:
DebRedZR1 (03-24-2018), JDMilw (03-23-2018), Rayrider7 (04-02-2018), REDZED2 (03-23-2018), ROBWILKER (03-23-2018), SLBelt (03-23-2018), SoCalFinest (03-31-2018), tractman (03-23-2018) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-23-2018, 07:09 AM
snow
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 220 Likes on 171 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10, '17-'18-'19

Love the red! makes it pop
Old 03-23-2018, 08:52 AM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,682 Likes on 1,482 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

I like the Torch Red as well. However no matter what color/finish, I'm not digging the wheels.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:38 AM
MMartin
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kappa
Car looks good.

Waiting for the day the Corvette team finally kills off chrome wheels...
Can't happen soon enough, ugh
Old 03-23-2018, 09:44 AM
Tmill
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

Every one to there own liking I personally like the black wheels so that's what i got on my new ZR1 i think it makes the car stand out!! Just my opinion!
The following users liked this post:
DebRedZR1 (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 09:48 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,623 Likes on 1,742 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
Looks a lot better than the orange! Looks great!
Can't wait to see the RED from the new paint facility

Originally Posted by wantbluC6
Hey Deb... first relax.. I was just more stunned and was unaware that GM was smart enough to offer the older, mature and rich the ZR1 with shiny or dark rims. I make my own payments on my Z as well and wrench on it as much as possible at my old age.

Only a C6 Z06 yet still smells and looks of new. Nice pic of your group. To each his own but this will (wheel thing) never die till the baby boomers do or GM stops making Corvettes all together or (heaven forbid only electric in the next couple decades). ENJOY ALL! WHERE CAN YOU GET THAT MUCH FOR THAT LITTLE? To me it's a lot of $$$... when you compare it to what it can whoop on the track it's cheap. That's why it's America's ONLY real sports car.

I love my C7Z also, for the $$$ you can't beat it. It looks and performs like one BA Beast should at a fraction the cost of the other Supercars. My point was if the ZR was ...... and it is an upgraded version of the Z those comments basically insulted the Z06s. Enjoy the C7s, things are going to change.

Originally Posted by HPT
If I was forced to get chrome wheels on my ZR1 without the possibility of ever changing them, I'd pass...even if the car was offered for free. Gross.

THIS THREAD WAS TO CONGRATULATE THE NEW OWNER NOT DEBATE WHEELS, TAKE IT TO ANOTHER THREAD OR BETTER YET ARGUE WITH EACH OTHER VIA MESSAGE

Originally Posted by hcvone
Purchased my last Z06 from Matick, real nice people to do business with
Absolutely great people, sending a a lot of people their way.

Originally Posted by D'ZR1 Messiah
I look at it like this...if everyone had the same tastes, the world would be a very boring place. Let's be happy for the people who have been lucky enough to grab one of these beauties. If it's not your car, just be happy for the folks. Let your car speak for you. If you don't prefer chrome wheels, I will know this when I see you pull up with black ones and vice versa. We shouldn't need to resort to shaming people because of their likes or dislikes.

I like chrome wheels on some cars. Most cars I've owned I've wanted chrome wheels on. However, in this instance I chose to order black wheels because I believe they are more menacing and makes the car look bad ***! Am I right...no....am I wrong..no....this is because this is my opinion and my car. Just something to think about folks. With all the hate going on in the world...would be nice for us to celebrate what we all know and love and just be happy that we are Corvette enthusiasts...because at the end of the day, that is what bonds us together. Kumbaya my Lord...kumbayaaaa...lol
Thank you so much for your comments. On point and well stated Exactly why I went with black, all though I love the chromes also.

Originally Posted by snow
Love the red! makes it pop
In person it has to be even more BA
Old 03-23-2018, 10:03 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

The paint looks real nice on that thing; particularly since it's straight off the truck. Look forward to the post-PDI pics.
DebRedZR1 (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 10:09 AM
HoldHard
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Beautiful. Might have to swing by Matick to see if the owner has already picked it up...

HH
DebRedZR1 (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 10:26 AM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

This Beauty just arrived at Matick on the East side and no it's not mine I wish The lucky owner is one of my Good Friends who has been in line for this for a long time, congrats Bill
Hope he enjoys it for a long time. No surprise he's not a member here with all the jealous negative bitching.
DebRedZR1 (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 10:41 AM
Newton06
Drifting

Received 319 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by wantbluC6
The chrome wheels should NOT continue at the ZR-1 level !! This isn't a cars n coffee/show n shine waxers seniors Corvette. This is why that stigma remains.
My 2018 WGG Z06 Z07 3LZ 7-speed has chrome wheels and I love it. It is used primarily as a track car, not a 'cars & coffee' Starbucks cruiser.

This weekend I'll be instructing for NASA @ VIR (if it doesn't snow).

I get tons of compliments on it in the street and in the pits at the track.

I think the chromes make it pop. SO thinks so as well, and so does her daughter & teenage friends.

Had chromes on my 2015 Z51 3LT as well...

Instructing for Carolinas PCA last weekend at CMP... She's beautiful!

DebRedZR1 (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 10:53 AM
Judgment Day
Burning Brakes

Received 218 Likes on 153 Posts

Matick on the "East Side"? As in George Matick out on Telegraph in Redford, MI? Or am I thinking of another dealership?

I'm asking because I'm about as east as it gets in Michigan, so it would be west to me no matter how you slice it. That's where I bought my Grand Sport - I might have to visit AJ and the staff there soon.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:29 AM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Originally Posted by Livinlife
that looks like a,base model camaro that is pregnant in the front. Cheap looking imo not a,fan
And you your Z06 looks like...........?
Old 03-23-2018, 11:45 AM
MacMulkin
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 4,105 Likes on 919 Posts

Wow....some of the responses in this thread...

Why do people care so much if GM offers chrome wheels as an option on a Corvette? If people were not ordering them, and demand wasn't high enough for them, GM would kill them off.

Nobody is twisting your arm to buy them. There are plenty of customers out there who love Chrome wheels and absolutely despise the silver or black painted wheels.

So, if they decide to spend *their* money, for chrome wheels on *their* car - why do other people get bent out of shape over it and post negative comments about the options an owner chose? It's not your car, it's not your money, and they're not hurting you.

I remember a couple generations ago - when people were getting pissy because GM wasn't offering enough design options for customers to choose for their Corvettes.

Now, GM offers more design options on the Corvette than ever before in the history of the car, and people still feel the need to whine about what one person chooses for their ride.

Life is too short folks...and it's all about having options and the freedom to make choices...

Just my two cents...I'll step off my soap box now...

P.S. Congrats to the guy who ordered that ZR1. Enjoy your new ride and ignore the naysayers!

Corvette Sales & Incentives

Last edited by MacMulkin; 03-23-2018 at 11:48 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by MacMulkin:
D'ZR1 Messiah (03-23-2018), DebRedZR1 (03-24-2018), Rayrider7 (04-02-2018), VetterFlyer (04-03-2018), Z07kid (03-25-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 11:54 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,623 Likes on 1,742 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by Judgment Day
Matick on the "East Side"? As in George Matick out on Telegraph in Redford, MI? Or am I thinking of another dealership?

I'm asking because I'm about as east as it gets in Michigan, so it would be west to me no matter how you slice it. That's where I bought my Grand Sport - I might have to visit AJ and the staff there soon.
LOL, I live on the West side @ Grand Rapids. AJ is correct Unfortunately I am out of state or I would be #stalking it

Originally Posted by meadowz06
And you your Z06 looks like...........?
My point exactly, by insulting the ZR it's insulting our Z06s

Originally Posted by MacMulkin
Wow....some of the responses in this thread...

Why do people care so much if GM offers chrome wheels as an option on a Corvette? If people were not ordering them, and demand wasn't high enough for them, GM would kill them off.

Nobody is twisting your arm to buy them. There are plenty of customers out there who love Chrome wheels and absolutely despise the silver or black painted wheels.

So, if they decide to spend *their* money, for chrome wheels on *their* car - why do other people get bent out of shape over it and post negative comments about the options an owner chose? It's not your car, it's not your money, and they're not hurting you.

I remember a couple generations ago - when people were getting pissy because GM wasn't offering enough design options for customers to choose for their Corvettes.

Now, GM offers more design options on the Corvette than ever before in the history of the car, and people still feel the need to whine about what one person chooses for their ride.

Life is too short folks...and it's all about having options and the freedom to make choices...

Just my two cents...I'll step off my soap box now...

P.S. Congrats to the guy who ordered that ZR1. Enjoy your new ride and ignore the naysayers!
Well stated, thank you. I feel bad I posted seeing some of these responses but then there are the positive remarks such as yours. I'd take the ZR with pink wheels lol, not that hard to change

Get notified of new replies

To Torch Red with Chromes ZR *new pics

Old 03-23-2018, 12:04 PM
MacMulkin
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 4,105 Likes on 919 Posts

Well stated, thank you. I feel bad I posted seeing some of these responses but then there are the positive remarks such as yours. I'd take the ZR with pink wheels lol, not that hard to change
Don't feel bad! Personally speaking, I enjoy seeing the pics coming in of recent ZR1 deliveries and how owners are personalizing them given the options available to them.

It would be a pretty boring world if all we ever saw were white Corvettes with black interiors and silver painted wheels.

Last edited by MacMulkin; 03-23-2018 at 12:06 PM.
DebRedZR1 (03-24-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 12:04 PM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

Man, that paint pops!!! Looks awesome !!!!!
DebRedZR1 (03-24-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 12:10 PM
vetteb_96C
Pro

Received 270 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Kappa
Car looks good.

Waiting for the day the Corvette team finally kills off chrome wheels...
I can't wait until the black fad is over and they kill black wheels...Chrome rocks!
The following 3 users liked this post by vetteb_96C:
ROBWILKER (03-23-2018), Runnn (03-25-2018), Z07kid (03-25-2018)

Quick Reply: Torch Red with Chromes ZR *new pics