C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Tool to adjust wing angle

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 07:15 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by fleming23
Still much better than the ridiculous $50 the vendor is trying to get for a single socket....with all the comments deleted.

You can get a full set on Amazon for around $25 when I checked earlier.
I actually had that vendor contact me after my comment on their thread that frankly I shouldn't have made. It sounds like what they are selling is a higher quality version and costs them more to get. If you're going to be adjusting the wing a lot then maybe you want the more high end socket?

Don't forget the blue loctite.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:38 AM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
I actually had that vendor contact me after my comment on their thread that frankly I shouldn't have made. It sounds like what they are selling is a higher quality version and costs them more to get. If you're going to be adjusting the wing a lot then maybe you want the more high end socket?

Don't forget the blue loctite.
All they need to do is say that...I mean when you could literally buy 12 for the price of one... I think it’s a legit question to ask what the differences are...
Old 08-01-2018, 11:55 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,622 Likes on 1,741 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

For those asking this is what I bought and used to adjust my wing but the original price was only $6 prime shipping at the time.
https://www.amazon.com/CTA-Manufactu...t+tamper+proof
Thanks ! Just ordered, for those looking back in stock with Free shipping!
Old 08-01-2018, 10:34 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
Thanks ! Just ordered, for those looking back in stock with Free shipping!
I ordered 2
Old 08-04-2018, 08:05 PM
intensifi
Pro

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

Read through this thread for tool info:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...p-request.html
Old 11-09-2018, 09:21 AM
Tek Jedi
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I am sure this is a really dumb question and may be the cold medicine making things cloudy. I have the tool and have removed the bolts from the struts attached to the bottom of the wing. For the life of me I can’t see how you adjust its angle. There is only one hole for the bolts to go through and it doesn’t seem adjustable in any way.

what am I missing?
Old 11-09-2018, 09:47 AM
intensifi
Pro

For the ZTK wing, the adjustments occur via the brackets that connect to what I believe you are calling struts. The adjustment occurs at the strut to mounting bracket junction.

As I recall the front bolts go straight through for pivoting. Loosen them. The rear bolts need to be removed. Once you do that, tilt the wing from the back between its various supported positions. Select the position you desire. After that, reinsert the back bolts and then tighten the front and back bolts.

Last edited by intensifi; 11-09-2018 at 09:51 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by intensifi:
DebRedZR1 (11-09-2018), HessViper (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 12:53 PM
638HP
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 81 Posts

Is blue Loctite required to be applied after changing wing pitch?
Old 11-09-2018, 12:59 PM
HessViper
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Yeah, my normal T30 security bit didn't work either. I just ordered this set which says it includes 30IPR so hopefully it will work.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Let us know, the dealer by us has one, but they would not sell it as they said it was their only one. We were messing with this just yesterday. If this one works which you linked, that would be great.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:33 PM
intensifi
Pro

Originally Posted by 638HP
Is blue Loctite required to be applied after changing wing pitch?
Brand new bolts from Chevrolet have the Loctite on them.

As as such I would add some each time.

That said I always replace my TTY caliper bolts, yet people tell me I am wasting money for not reusing them. Maybe the same goes here???
Old 11-09-2018, 06:10 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Yes, the $6 one from Amazon worked as did the other set. You only need to remove the rearward bolt that connects the stantion to the wing. Then you can remove the bolt and the other piece (it's like a spacer with threads inside) to pivot the wing. There are only two positions and two holes that you can put the bolts through. Note that the threaded bolt is thinned in diameter but has a square end to keep it from turning. First insert the thicker piece that it threads in to in order to line up the holes in the bracket and the wing, then start threating the other side in. When you get near the end though remember that the threaded bolt needs to be oriented with the square hole and then you can finish tightening the other side. Apologize if this makes no sense without pictures, I'll try to snap some tomorrow.

I don't bother putting Loctite on them. The bolts would have to loosen and fall out for the wing to move.
The following users liked this post:
Palantirion (11-11-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 07:17 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,978 Likes on 1,216 Posts

Originally Posted by intensifi

Brand new bolts from Chevrolet have the Loctite on them.

As as such I would add some each time.

That said I always replace my TTY caliper bolts, yet people tell me I am wasting money for not reusing them. Maybe the same goes here???
Good logic. Loctite prevents bolts from getting loose. Brake caliper bolts are 'streched' to torque and GM recommends putting new ones in for safety (and liability) reasons.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:20 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,978 Likes on 1,216 Posts

Yes, the $6 one from Amazon worked as did the other set. You only need to remove the rearward bolt that connects the stantion to the wing. Then you can remove the bolt and the other piece (it's like a spacer with threads inside) to pivot the wing. There are only two positions and two holes that you can put the bolts through. Note that the threaded bolt is thinned in diameter but has a square end to keep it from turning. First insert the thicker piece that it threads in to in order to line up the holes in the bracket and the wing, then start threating the other side in. When you get near the end though remember that the threaded bolt needs to be oriented with the square hole and then you can finish tightening the other side. Apologize if this makes no sense without pictures, I'll try to snap some tomorrow.

I don't bother putting Loctite on them. The bolts would have to loosen and fall out for the wing to move.
I thought you gave up on the more aggressive setting due to high speed understeer (at turn-in).
Old 11-09-2018, 08:58 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by range96
I thought you gave up on the more aggressive setting due to high speed understeer (at turn-in).
I'm still experimenting with it, particularly on courses with slower corners and if the rear tires are going off. I used it a week ago on VIR Grand. The understeer is more pronounced mid corner and corner exit.
range96 (11-10-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 12:57 AM
Palantirion
Burning Brakes

Received 268 Likes on 150 Posts

Just for clarification: This special security star bit...is it only used for adjusting the wing? Or would it also be used for removing the wing and/or struts?
Old 11-11-2018, 03:03 AM
RoxyCarter
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Both
Palantirion (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 04:29 PM
Palantirion
Burning Brakes

Received 268 Likes on 150 Posts

Thanks! I ordered both the bit and the set, one for the car and one for the garage.

Get notified of new replies

To Tool to adjust wing angle

Old 03-13-2019, 08:57 AM
MustOBeenYellow2015Z
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 126 Posts

Anyone know if they make this in a T handle or is it just available in a socket?

-Thanks Brian
Old 03-13-2019, 10:22 AM
duanesZ06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 264 Likes on 161 Posts

I don’t know about anyone else but I can’t find much adjustment if I loosen the front bolts and then the rear it still does not move I guess my question is do I have to take the bolts in the back all the way out it looks to me like if they are lose it should pivot
Old 03-13-2019, 11:18 AM
MustOBeenYellow2015Z
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by duanesZ06
I don’t know about anyone else but I can’t find much adjustment if I loosen the front bolts and then the rear it still does not move I guess my question is do I have to take the bolts in the back all the way out it looks to me like if they are lose it should pivot
This is how I would do it:

-Loosen the back bolts (rear of car) & take out the front bolts ( front of car)
-The front bolt holes of the brackets is some what slotted
-Drop the wing in the bottom holes for more angle on your wing & top for less angle

When I get back home I can take photo's of the brackets for more clarity, if youd like.

Quick Reply: Tool to adjust wing angle