C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

ZR1 vs Huracan - Dig and Roll! :0

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 03:06 PM
nunii
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by danm1
Ok, so when the Lambo gets on a twisty track with a ZR1 and the Z blows it away then many of the Hurican fans will say the Lambo's a POS, can't even beat a mass production GM product that's half (or at least a great deal less expensive) the price of the Lambo. If there are excuses to be made they should be directed at the Lambo. For the price of the friggin thing, it should be able to beat the Corvette in all parameters, race track, quarter mile, etc. not just a straight line, which the ZR1 is not made exclusively for, it's a track car. These videos are interesting because they show two super powerful cars going head to head, albeit in one dimension, in a straight line race, and the Lambo is undoubtedly impressive in that regard, but please, it's only one facet of a cars overall performance. The Vette is clearly the more impressive car in it's good, old fashioned American ingenuity and superb engineering. The technological achievement is much more impressive with the Vette when you narrow it down: GM has produced a mass production car, without the stratospheric price tag, that can beat many supercars in the arena for which it, and many other supercars, where designed for, the Race Track! Moreover, the Vette is easier and less costly to service and maintain, meaning, more wheel time on the track, cruising the boulevards or just plain driving for fun. To put it simply, GM has built a better product for far less money. I'm not here to beat on the Lambo, it's a really neat car and impressive, but please, let's look at the whole picture when judging a car's performance.
I still would buy a huracan over a zr1.....
The following users liked this post:
charles7970 (07-25-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 03:09 PM
charles7970
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by FikseGTS
I'll take that bet... the Huracan is stock. the 720S is stock as well, it came with the regular exhaust, the optional OEM sport version of the exhaust was swapped from another 720S...
Love your 720 dude!
Old 07-25-2018, 03:22 PM
Ruz
Race Director

Received 265 Likes on 106 Posts

I'll take that bet... the Huracan is stock. the 720S is stock as well, it came with the regular exhaust, the optional OEM sport version of the exhaust was swapped from another 720S...
Haha...that GT in your pic sure looks like the one on the bottom of the lift in the video...coincidence maybe?? (How do you like the new one compared to the 2005?).
Old 07-25-2018, 03:39 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default The BoP octane mod for you! ;)

The octane, tires, and 75 HP bolt-on mods for the Vette.
You might actually need a couple of octane points!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 07-25-2018 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:42 PM
MYKIL
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

How about this...
Take the best recorded quarter mile time for the ZR1 (Farmers) vs.
The best recorded 1/4 mile time for the Huracan (Which I believe is the red one).
And that's your winner.

Everything else is driver.

Heck, I barely know how to drive, and I can take a bone stock Huracan to a 10.98 or GTR to 11.2 on a hot summer day, all wheel drive cars are EASY to drive and very forgiving.

And the Mclaren 720 will not out run a BMW S1000RR stock!

Just Saying...
DebRedZR1 (07-25-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 03:48 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 422 Likes on 257 Posts

^^^ Proud to say, owner of a C6ZR1 and owned the S1000RR (oh yes, she's fast !!) Nice collection!
CorvetteBrent (07-26-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 03:59 PM
dfettero
Burning Brakes

Received 221 Likes on 137 Posts
Default All wheel drive vs rear

Originally Posted by turbo8765
Something ain't right.
All wheel drive vs rear
Old 07-25-2018, 05:32 PM
blb078
Racer

Received 198 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by MYKIL
How about this...
The best recorded 1/4 mile time for the Huracan (Which I believe is the red one).
And that's your winner.

This couldn't be more incorrect, there's the temperature, track itself, track prep, fuel being used, some consider radials and skinnies to be stock, some don't, etc, etc. They're probably fairly close cars in a drag race on a track IF the ZR1 has the right conditions, if the conditions are mediocre or worse the Huracan is going to beat it every time, which is what we just saw.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:55 PM
MYKIL
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by blb078
This couldn't be more incorrect, there's the temperature, track itself, track prep, fuel being used, some consider radials and skinnies to be stock, some don't, etc, etc. They're probably fairly close cars in a drag race on a track IF the ZR1 has the right conditions, if the conditions are mediocre or worse the Huracan is going to beat it every time, which is what we just saw.
Well, when racing, you want ideal conditions. Ecspecially when racing a RWD vs AWD.

And yes, AWD and a Dual Clutch are hard to beat.

Drag radials on the ZR1 vs. the Huracan would be fair to both.

Old 07-25-2018, 06:00 PM
Jam421
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 58 Posts

Proud to say, owner of a C6ZR1
Now we're talking weight drop to 3100lbs? I have a worked GT500 and when we were out playing one day I was shocked at how small that ZR1 looked (:->) !
My buddy did a CAI + tune and picked up 30fwhp so with minor mods he was in the 670 range.
Add headers, drop down 2 pulley sizes + a good hi-flo axle back system and you could be knocking on the door of 725-750HP....Wow.
Just curious......Do you guys consider gear swaps on these older ZR1's & newer ZO6's or is the stock 3.42 set up the sweet combo ?
Old 07-25-2018, 06:55 PM
SBC_and_a_stick
Safety Car

Received 551 Likes on 311 Posts

This really matters very little in the grand scheme of things. I'm partial to the naturally aspirated engine in the Lambo, but in reality I'd get the 'Vette because it comes manual.

What is half a second to 60 mph, when you spend hours on a forum debating it? We don't care about half seconds, we care about fun. 755 hp going to only the rear wheels governed by stick is way more fun.

Sports cars are about fun. If you want to win get a race car or tune the car.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:14 PM
Z06 1of38
Drifting

Received 677 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by Innovate
The ZR1 is now looking like a disappointment to me as well in the straight line segment. It is marginally faster than a C7Z on a road course as well. Imagine a world where the C7Z/ZR1 continued the legacy the C6Z/ZR1 left.
So.....you want GM to install an interior out of a 2006 Silverado in the c7z?

Old 07-25-2018, 08:30 PM
UnhandledException
Drifting

Received 1,351 Likes on 554 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06 1of38

So.....you want GM to install an interior out of a 2006 Silverado in the c7z?

That is clearly not what he said. GM should have been able to move the C6 platform to be more luxurious without having to add 400-500 lbs of ridiculous weight. Porsche's 997 generation GT cars are known for their unbelievably stiff, pretty uncomfortable, absolutely non-luxurious feature based cabin. The clutch on that thing is so stiff that your leg gets sore after a while. Porsche wanted to sell more GT cars and with 991 they have completely revamped the interior quality, features, comfort, etc. The cars also have gotten bigger (wider and longer). And obviously all of this did translate into added weight.

But guess how much? About 80 lbs! All of that, for 80 lbs more. And what did GM do? They did the cheap cutting corners detroit way. They didn't think, they just added and added.

First of all, they choose a supercharged engine which is just nightmare as far as weight goes. Any forced induction solution means more weight. They probably lost a good 150 lbs right there. Next they added luxury features around seats (heating, cooling, memory, 20 way, etc) and never added the flexibility to have a simpler option. Next they have made the overall body of the car and subframe way too heavy. Then they used wheels that weigh over 30 lbs each (without tires). Shall I go on?

The main point here is Corvette isn't some "best bang for the buck" like people claim. It would be best bang for the buck IF it actually provided IDENTICAL features, performance, and experience as other competitors that cost more. But it doesn't. It costs less but then it also provides less. It doesnt have the same quality, same performance, same agility, same experience. All of those things cost money.

Which is completely FINE. Not everyone has money for Iphone X. some just get Samsung for less than half the price. They'll come and say it's the same phone and even more powerful and more flexible but reality is the experience of owning an iphone X will never be matched with Samsung. People who have owned both phones know this (I have owned Samsung before so I am not talking out of my *** here). It's the same thing with Corvette. Not everyone (including myself) have money for $290,000 GT2RS or $205,000 Huracan or $300,000 720S. We just dont. Period. So our choice is either Corvette or nothing. The problem is, unlike me where I clearly am not under any illusions of shortcomings of corvette, some people here are burying their heads in the sand and cant remove the blinders.

Last edited by UnhandledException; 07-25-2018 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:15 PM
Newton06
Drifting

Received 319 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by UnhandledException
That is clearly not what he said. GM should have been able to move the C6 platform to be more luxurious without having to add 400-500 lbs of ridiculous weight. Porsche's 997 generation GT cars are known for their unbelievably stiff, pretty uncomfortable, absolutely non-luxurious feature based cabin. The clutch on that thing is so stiff that your leg gets sore after a while. Porsche wanted to sell more GT cars and with 991 they have completely revamped the interior quality, features, comfort, etc. The cars also have gotten bigger (wider and longer). And obviously all of this did translate into added weight.

But guess how much? About 80 lbs! All of that, for 80 lbs more. And what did GM do? They did the cheap cutting corners detroit way. They didn't think, they just added and added.

First of all, they choose a supercharged engine which is just nightmare as far as weight goes. Any forced induction solution means more weight. They probably lost a good 150 lbs right there. Next they added luxury features around seats (heating, cooling, memory, 20 way, etc) and never added the flexibility to have a simpler option. Next they have made the overall body of the car and subframe way too heavy. Then they used wheels that weigh over 30 lbs each (without tires). Shall I go on?

The main point here is Corvette isn't some "best bang for the buck" like people claim. It would be best bang for the buck IF it actually provided IDENTICAL features, performance, and experience as other competitors that cost more. But it doesn't. It costs less but then it also provides less. It doesnt have the same quality, same performance, same agility, same experience. All of those things cost money.

Which is completely FINE. Not everyone has money for Iphone X. some just get Samsung for less than half the price. They'll come and say it's the same phone and even more powerful and more flexible but reality is the experience of owning an iphone X will never be matched with Samsung. People who have owned both phones know this (I have owned Samsung before so I am not talking out of my *** here). It's the same thing with Corvette. Not everyone (including myself) have money for $290,000 GT2RS or $205,000 Huracan or $300,000 720S. We just dont. Period. So our choice is either Corvette or nothing. The problem is, unlike me where I clearly am not under any illusions of shortcomings of corvette, some people here are burying their heads in the sand and cant remove the blinders.
This is what I think of when I bang my knee on your posts.

Last edited by Newton06; 07-25-2018 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:25 PM
UnhandledException
Drifting

Originally Posted by Newton06
This is what I think of when I bang my knee on your posts.

https://youtu.be/LdVBkn6ohH8
How come he never runs out bullets? Do you think me and Chuck have a relationship? You know if thats true I would probably beat the ZR1 while running.

Last edited by UnhandledException; 07-25-2018 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:46 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by MYKIL

How about this...
And that's your winner.

Heck, I barely know how to drive, and I can take a bone stock Huracan to a 10.98 or GTR to 11.2 on a hot summer day, all wheel drive cars are EASY to drive and very forgiving.

And the Mclaren 720 will not out run a BMW S1000RR stock!

Just Saying...
Did you have to show the 1000RR? I wanted one and settle for a (Ninja) lessor bike on sale and have debating going back trading for the RR. Sweet they are bad boys and light weight. I agree the 720 isn't pulling one!
Sounds like I should put a 720 in my plans as well. Had some unreal news from my broker.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:54 PM
C6Z06C6
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Raise your hand if you can't wait for the C7 run to end
Innovate (07-29-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 vs Huracan - Dig and Roll! :0

Old 07-25-2018, 09:56 PM
UnhandledException
Drifting

This is just embarrassing.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:58 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by UnhandledException

Kind of shows what a complete tool you are coming in here just to knock a superior car to what ever you driving a Mustang which has no hope of hanging with even a C7 all the while knocking the Corvette. Maybe Moms basement is still open! I think get lost troll is the feel of everyone here!

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 07-25-2018 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:20 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default At the end of the day the Vette is heavy and it isn't cleaning up on the competition.

That's it! Every other performance metric and desirable quality has moved the ball.
The ZR1 is now running all day long as that last melodramatic touch.
Their limited goals, but, Not poor or unfulfilled ones!

LG should be the next best thing here! Guys want to mod these cars.

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 07-25-2018 at 10:27 PM.

Quick Reply: ZR1 vs Huracan - Dig and Roll! :0