C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Best X-pipe for ZR1??

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 04:33 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 604 Likes on 283 Posts

Default Best X-pipe for ZR1??

I was set to buy the Borla X-pipe after doing some research, but discovered after speaking with their tech support that they don't have a compatible X-pipe for supercharged C7's and probably won't make one specifically for the ZR1. I was told, instead they'll likely come out with an axle back exhaust at some point. So, now I'm trying to decide on another X-pipe manufacturer. Any thoughts/suggestions? At this point, I'm not looking to do the entire exhaust system...just the X-pipe. I put an Akrapovic system on my last ZR1 and may do it for the new car over the Winter.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:34 PM
txoutdoors
Instructor

Received 123 Likes on 64 Posts

Seems everyone on here is running Corsa.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:42 PM
GrapemanZR1
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 55 Posts

I bought mine from WeaponX. Shipped same day, easy deal!
Old 08-07-2018, 02:49 PM
thewb
Supporting Vendor

Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire
I was set to buy the Borla X-pipe after doing some research, but discovered after speaking with their tech support that they don't have a compatible X-pipe for supercharged C7's and probably won't make one specifically for the ZR1. I was told, instead they'll likely come out with an axle back exhaust at some point. So, now I'm trying to decide on another X-pipe manufacturer. Any thoughts/suggestions? At this point, I'm not looking to do the entire exhaust system...just the X-pipe. I put an Akrapovic system on my last ZR1 and may do it for the new car over the Winter.
Having Akra on your previous ZR1 you know firsthand at the quality and craftsmanship of their products. They are hands down the top choice for those looking to improve sound & performance. If you need help in ordering I'll be here for ya.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:10 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Received 588 Likes on 519 Posts

Let us know when you are ready for that Akrapovic.

-Josh
Old 08-07-2018, 03:48 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 604 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by thewb
Having Akra on your previous ZR1 you know firsthand at the quality and craftsmanship of their products. They are hands down the top choice for those looking to improve sound & performance. If you need help in ordering I'll be here for ya.
Originally Posted by MerakiAutoworks
Let us know when you are ready for that Akrapovic.

-Josh
Do they have a system for the ZR1, or have they officially confirmed that the system for the Z06 will work without issues? Have they done any testing? If so, any data available on performance gains?
Old 08-07-2018, 08:18 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Can a muffler shop make one for you? An X is an X for the most part.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:49 AM
thewb
Supporting Vendor

Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire
Do they have a system for the ZR1, or have they officially confirmed that the system for the Z06 will work without issues? Have they done any testing? If so, any data available on performance gains?
I have been told that they are developing a system for the ZR1 but that does not mean that it will come to market 100%. The system that is built for the Z06 does in fact work on the ZR1 without issues - simple plug & play. Contact me directly if you have any more questions that I can help with - David@WheelsBoutique.com

Get notified of new replies

To Best X-pipe for ZR1??

Quick Reply: Best X-pipe for ZR1??