C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Are ZR1 prices tanking???

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 09:27 AM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z
No freaking way they made that much engineering investment for 1 year. 2020 ZR at a minimum then 2021 for ME.

that sounds like a lot of hopeful speculation because you "want" it to be lol..
I agree. When you analyze the facts and disregard the "my friend says, my dealer says", 2 years or more just makes sense .

Last edited by rob62; 10-14-2018 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-14-2018, 10:11 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,623 Likes on 1,742 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by BearZ06
ZR1 prices tanking? LOL! All of this speculation is a waste of time. IF they build enough of them they likely will be discounted at some point. We'll all just have to wait and see what GM does and what prices do. While some are waiting and hoping for deep discounts and tanking prices I am driving my ZR1 and loving every minute of it! I suppose it depends on what value you place on your time, which is a luxury we often take for granted.

Exactly it is a huge waste of time, you can't fix STUPID. No one is going to name sources and get someone fired and/or lose a friend to satisfy trolls. Anyone who can find these below MSRP Unicorn ZRS available for SALE on Autotrader, please post up your Bill of Sale. <not holding breath>
FACT: USED ZRs have SOLD OVER MSRP on EBAY.
FACT: Dealerships I know who have had allocation become avail fill them IN RECORD TIME
Everyone knows "a friend" who KNOWS this or that, most of that is FACTLESS speculation by those who have nothing better to do. I'll be enjoying my ZR1, not worrying about how many more are made or it's future value. =)

Last edited by DebRedZR1; 10-14-2018 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-14-2018, 10:19 AM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Originally Posted by HTXSkydiver

It has been posted on a few threads already by 100% reliable moderators, etc of this forum. Confirmed by several GM higher ups. Look for them. If they care to post yet again here they will. If not it’s likely because they are tired of repeating themselves for people who don’t care to look. Of course the actual sources will remain secret as to not get anyone in trouble.

Look at posts in other threads regarding the ZR1 production run. It has been publicly confirmed by one GM official to my knowledge and several mods have posted confirmation from GM sources in a non-official capacity. Your sources appear to be wrong...who are they?
This is all completely wrong. No one has "confirmed" anything and there is absolutely no factual evidence, quote, or video saying whether the ZR1 will be around for 1 year or longer. Saying it has been "confirmed" is a complete lie based off of internet rumors from "a guy I know" or a "reliable inside source."

The simple truth is no one knows for certain until there is an announcement from GM. People should stop acting like we already know the answer.
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (10-15-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 10:27 AM
Kenny94945
Le Mans Master

Received 445 Likes on 382 Posts

Tanking.
Sales incentive.
Winter is here.
No longer just arrived (hot) on market.

Maybe standard new car sales discounts are starting to appear to move inventory.
Used car standard depreciation rates are starting to be applied as the ZR has been
on the market for some time now and initial demand has subsided.
I would be hesitant to use the word tanking.
Old 10-14-2018, 11:34 AM
D'ZR1 Messiah
Pro

Received 356 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z
No freaking way they made that much engineering investment for 1 year. 2020 ZR at a minimum then 2021 for ME.

that sounds like a lot of hopeful speculation because you "want" it to be lol..
There was not as much R&D in this car as it already used an existing platform. A new generation Vette is where they spend booku money on R&D...not in a new trim level.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:59 PM
HTXSkydiver
Pro

Received 363 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by RedZ4me
👍 skydive may be skydiving out of a plane without a shute. I completely agree with you
Lol you’re a funny one. Can’t wait to circle back to this in a couple months... Not really sure what you mean by this anyway, I love my ZR1 and could really care less if you guys want to believe old rumors.

There’s possibly a record amount of Z06 owner jealousy on this thread. It’s doing a great job to bring you guys into the ZR1 section and give you a platform to talk trash. Have fun, but there’s clearly some sane people chining in that actually understand what’s happening. Not sure how many times you guys need it explained to you but I would think y’all have better things to do than try to make owners of a superior car feel bad...
DebRedZR1 (10-15-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 02:32 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,978 Likes on 1,216 Posts

Lol you’re a funny one. Can’t wait to circle back to this in a couple months... Not really sure what you mean by this anyway, I love my ZR1 and could really care less if you guys want to believe old rumors.

There’s possibly a record amount of Z06 owner jealousy on this thread. It’s doing a great job to bring you guys into the ZR1 section and give you a platform to talk trash. Have fun, but there’s clearly some sane people chining in that actually understand what’s happening. Not sure how many times you guys need it explained to you but I would think y’all have better things to do than try to make owners of a superior car feel bad...
No Z06 jealousy here. Just contemplating my next Corvette purchase. (2020 C7 ZR1/C8 ZR1 or whatever it will be called).
Old 10-14-2018, 02:49 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

z06 owner here and I have zr1 supercharger envy. The point of this thread is not jealousy it’s about value and the point /counter point of that value . I am sure most z06 owners could pencil whip a check and buy a zr1 in a heart beat. it’s a hoot watching you guys drink the dealer kool aid repeat the dealer bs and repeat it as gospel justifying inflated prices being paid. That point/counter point debate out weighs the jealousy super charger envy factor by a long shot . 😂

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 10-14-2018 at 02:54 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 03:01 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Here’s auction prices for 1zr coupe.

Last edited by runutzzzzz; 10-14-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 03:21 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,753 Likes on 4,182 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

The title of this thread is laughable....and 3 pages worth of comments too.
The following 3 users liked this post by Steve Garrett:
D'ZR1 Messiah (10-14-2018), DebRedZR1 (10-15-2018), Nyvetteguy007 (10-14-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 05:06 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

It’s like a scheme to talk down the price by those that don’t have the car...

My two cents...all I and many here have heard is the ZR1 is a one year run...prices have not and will not “tank” for the mere supply and demand principals others have mentioned in this thread.
While it is the most awesome and fantastic FE Corvette ever, the additional engineering investment to make it so was incremental and not of a huge cost so there is no need to recoup huge R&D dollars. The huge R&D dollars are being spent on the ME and that needs to be released and recouped as soon as possible so it’s more important to get the ME out than it is to sell more ZR1’s. Any and all allocations thus far have been picked up the second they are realeased and the way GM is building these ie in a slow drip there is no need for them to build a ton of these that would remain on dealer lots and can’t sell.
Time will certainly tell...but man...tanking?
DebRedZR1 (10-15-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 05:13 PM
D'ZR1 Messiah
Pro

Originally Posted by Nyvetteguy007

My two cents...all I and many here have heard is the ZR1 is a one year run...prices have not and will not “tank” for the mere supply and demand principals others have mentioned in this thread.
While it is the most awesome and fantastic FE Corvette ever, the additional engineering investment to make it so was incremental and not of a huge cost so there is no need to recoup huge R&D dollars. The huge R&D dollars are being spent on the ME and that needs to be released and recouped as soon as possible so it’s more important to get the ME out than it is to sell more ZR1’s. Any and all allocations thus far have been picked up the second they are realeased and the way GM is building these ie in a slow drip there is no need for them to build a ton of these that would remain on dealer lots and can’t sell.
Agree with everything you’ve said here. I don’t think that there was much money spent in the way of R&D. I say this because they are already using an existing platform. Still using a 6.2 but adding a bigger blower. I believe most of the R&D went into the aero...but other than that I don’t think much was done and thus they are able to make this a one year run with minimal loss if any at all.

Last edited by D'ZR1 Messiah; 10-14-2018 at 05:14 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by D'ZR1 Messiah:
DebRedZR1 (10-15-2018), Nyvetteguy007 (10-14-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 09:13 PM
mjcourt
Pro

Received 118 Likes on 73 Posts

I sure don't feel the current ZR1 prices will drop soon, but they will in a couple years. I had a low mileage 2011 ZR1 that stickered at 124k and sold 3 years later for 75k (after the C7 was released). Same thing will happen to the current ZR1 when the C8 is released. Very few cars escape this problem.
Old 10-14-2018, 10:20 PM
D'ZR1 Messiah
Pro

Originally Posted by mjcourt
I sure don't feel the current ZR1 prices will drop soon, but they will in a couple years. I had a low mileage 2011 ZR1 that stickered at 124k and sold 3 years later for 75k (after the C7 was released). Same thing will happen to the current ZR1 when the C8 is released. Very few cars escape this problem.
I think everyone’s point is that if this is a one year run that it’s a game changer. Potentially the last FE ZR1 as well as possibly the last manual. This is totally different than previous years ZR1. No one truly knows what will happen..but we will see if it’s a one and done in a few months.

Last edited by D'ZR1 Messiah; 10-14-2018 at 10:21 PM.
DebRedZR1 (10-15-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 10:30 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
The title of this thread is laughable....and 3 pages worth of comments too.
The title is laughable. Some of the comments are good. Especially mine.
Originally Posted by Nyvetteguy007

Don't think you could "talk down" the prices. You can only vote with $ here (you buy it at the current level or you don't). There is more to certify and bring to market a new model than meets the eye. A lot more. You're right, time will tell. And it certainly won't tank for at least 5 years.

Originally Posted by mjcourt
We're talking new prices here, not used.
Old 10-14-2018, 10:37 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by D'ZR1 Messiah

I think everyone’s point is that if this is a one year run that it’s a game changer. Potentially the last FE ZR1 as well as possibly the last manual. This is totally different than previous years ZR1. No one truly knows what will happen..but we will see if it’s a one and done in a few months.
Absolutely! You may be a lucky dog with a single year model with the highest HP manual. I screwed the pooch when I didn't buy that 2006 Ford GT the dealer offered me at sticker!
Old 10-15-2018, 01:40 AM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 422 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by range96
Absolutely! You may be a lucky dog with a single year model with the highest HP manual. I screwed the pooch when I didn't buy that 2006 Ford GT the dealer offered me at sticker!
you referring to that TWO year production GT ? 😂😂

(2005&2006)

Last edited by RedZ4me; 10-15-2018 at 01:41 AM.
CorvetteBrent (10-15-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Are ZR1 prices tanking???

Old 10-15-2018, 05:10 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

[QUOTE=HTXSkydiver;1598154853]

Looks like you may be the clueless one. In order for there to be a discounted car there first has to be a surplus of them. It is extremely likely that there will never be a surplus so there will never be a discount... pretty simple really. This thread is gunna be awesome in a couple months when it’s confirmed as a 2019 MY only lol
[/QUOTE You sound like the suckers who fist pounded about the 2007 GT500 being a one year, "limited production, rare, collectable. Ask the suckers who were bent over on that one or any other 1st year "instant classic" how it worked out for them or if they would ever get hosed with that nonsense again. Wake up Dude.

Old 10-15-2018, 06:56 AM
winstonc
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo

Come on dude —- you expect a dealer to tell you the truth- “

Old 10-15-2018, 08:39 AM
HTXSkydiver
Pro

Received 363 Likes on 172 Posts

[QUOTE=punky;1598160946]

Looks like you may be the clueless one. In order for there to be a discounted car there first has to be a surplus of them. It is extremely likely that there will never be a surplus so there will never be a discount... pretty simple really. This thread is gunna be awesome in a couple months when it’s confirmed as a 2019 MY only lol
[/QUOTE You sound like the suckers who fist pounded about the 2007 GT500 being a one year, "limited production, rare, collectable. Ask the suckers who were bent over on that one or any other 1st year "instant classic" how it worked out for them or if they would ever get hosed with that nonsense again. Wake up Dude.
LMAO I am fully awake and enjoying the hell out of my ZR1! Didn’t buy it as an investment, bought it to drive and didn’t pay over MSRP. So I’d say it’s working out PERFECTLY for me... jealous much? BTW, no one is implying that GM is spreading single model year rumors to sell more ZR1s or sell them over sticker. In fact they are doing to OPPOSITE. Let us know when your alarm clock goes off....

Quick Reply: Are ZR1 prices tanking???