C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

I love this delivery truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 05:01 PM
cartester
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts
Default I love this delivery truck

ZR1 finally gets here (Los Angeles) and of course it's raining.

Aside from the long wait I must report that the remote buying experience from MacMulkin Chevrolet in New Hampshire was exemplary. The deal was strictly MSRP and no extra fees and that was exactly how it happened. The people there answer all calls, return emails, and do what they say they're going to do. Thanks to Jessy and Chris for seeing this through and making sure the handoff to the transport company occurred without a hitch. The car arrived with all the books, keys, accessories, paperwork, build sheets, temporary tag, and the window sticker.

Intercity transport also did an excellent job and the car arrived in spotless condition. Although using OnStar and the myChevrolet smart phone app to track the car cross country did a lot to put my mind at ease as to what was happening.

Now if it would only stop raining and dry out.
The following 2 users liked this post by cartester:
intercity lines (10-15-2018), MacMulkin (10-14-2018)
Old 10-13-2018, 05:51 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,753 Likes on 4,182 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Very nice!
Old 10-13-2018, 06:09 PM
MMD
Safety Car

Received 1,630 Likes on 1,051 Posts

Originally Posted by cartester

Aside from the long wait I must report that the remote buying experience from MacMulkin Chevrolet in New Hampshire was exemplary. The deal was strictly MSRP and no extra fees and that was exactly how it happened. The people there answer all calls, return emails, and do what they say they're going to do. Thanks to Jessy and Chris for seeing this through and making sure the handoff to the transport company occurred without a hitch. The car arrived with all the books, keys, accessories, paperwork, build sheets, temporary tag, and the window sticker.

Intercity transport also did an excellent job and the car arrived in spotless condition. Although using OnStar and the myChevrolet smart phone app to track the car cross country did a lot to put my mind at ease as to what was happening.

Couldn't agree more. I have dealt with both Intercity and MacMulken. Both are top notch. Now, I had to look twice at that pic of yours. What's the deal there? It never rains in SoCal. You sure that pic was not taken Washington State somewhere? Good luck with your ride - you made great choices.
The following users liked this post:
intercity lines (10-15-2018)
Old 10-13-2018, 06:33 PM
aaslanmd
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi Cartester, I'm new to Forum (today), congrats on your new ride! Like you (+ MMD), I'm awaiting notification from MacMulken. Will do museum delivery, then have it shipped (likely same shipper you both used). Also like you, I'm in CA (Bay Area) + will order low wing. Did MacMulken set up OnStar + myChevrolet, or were you able to do it w/ VIN? Cost to transport to CA? Thanks + many happy miles in your new baby!
The following users liked this post:
MMD (10-13-2018)
Old 10-13-2018, 07:37 PM
D'ZR1 Messiah
Pro

Received 356 Likes on 157 Posts

Congrats bud! Beautiful ride you have there. I may be in Hermosa in Jan...I may hit you up to come check it out!
Old 10-13-2018, 07:52 PM
cartester
Instructor

Originally Posted by D'ZR1 Messiah
Congrats bud! Beautiful ride you have there. I may be in Hermosa in Jan...I may hit you up to come check it out!
Yes, certainly.
Old 10-13-2018, 09:13 PM
CycloneBrad
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Congratulations!
Looks Beautiful.
Hope the rain ends soon.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:36 PM
MMD
Safety Car

Originally Posted by aaslanmd
Hi Cartester, I'm new to Forum (today), congrats on your new ride! Like you (+ MMD), I'm awaiting notification from MacMulken. Will do museum delivery, then have it shipped (likely same shipper you both used). Also like you, I'm in CA (Bay Area) + will order low wing. Did MacMulken set up OnStar + myChevrolet, or were you able to do it w/ VIN? Cost to transport to CA? Thanks + many happy miles in your new baby!
Try to get your Work order number from MacMulken if you have not yet done so. Use that number here found in the forum in the Customer Service sticky. Those folks are very good at getting back to you within a day to give you a recent Event Status code update. My 2 cents. Best wishes with your order.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:51 PM
cartester
Instructor

Thank you.

MacMulkin did set up OnStar for me but tracking is only available using the smartphone MyChevrolet app which you have to download and install yourself with your set up user name, password, and PIN. The transport cost from Nashua, NH to Los Angeles, CA was $2295. I might have been able to find cheaper on this but MacMulkin works with Intercity and this is not something you cheap out on given the value of the cargo.

Goof luck to you with yours.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:01 AM
MacMulkin
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 4,105 Likes on 919 Posts

Very cool! Congratulations and thank you so much!

Now get rid of that rain and enjoy your ZR1!!

Corvette Sales & Incentives

Last edited by MacMulkin; 10-14-2018 at 09:01 AM.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:17 AM
tstad9i1
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

you have got to love having a monster like that and it is warrantied to pass CA emissions inspections. I had to wait till I moved to FL just to do anything to my Camaro way back when.
Old 10-14-2018, 11:31 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

OP, looks like good weather is headed your way. A little cloudy today but then you have 80's. The car looks awesome. Love the low wing with SO. Enjoy that bad-assed monster. Post more pics please!
Old 10-14-2018, 05:30 PM
cartester
Instructor

A few pics. An orange ZR1 is nothing new but a 7MT with SAW (Small *** Wing) and Kalihari Interior may be atypical.

Old 10-14-2018, 09:52 PM
aaslanmd
Instructor

MMD, thanks! Can I get work order # before they get allocation?
Cartester, beautiful combination! Transporter cost? How long to get it to CA?
Old 10-14-2018, 10:00 PM
MMD
Safety Car

MMD, thanks! Can I get work order # before they get allocation?
yes, contact Mark at MacMulken and they can get the work order immediatley. You might get to Event Status 3000 this week. Call and ask.
Old 10-14-2018, 10:29 PM
aaslanmd
Instructor

MMD, thanks much! Will call first thing in am. Mark Makarewicz is the salesperson I sent my deposit to, sounds like the same guy. Appreciate you rapid response!
Old 10-14-2018, 11:45 PM
cartester
Instructor

Thank you. Car was picked up for transport within a week of placing the order then it took nine days from Nashua, NH to Los Angeles, CA. Cost $2295 plus a nice tip for the driver.

Get notified of new replies

To I love this delivery truck

Old 10-15-2018, 10:21 AM
intercity lines
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 48 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Thank You

cartester,

Thank you for the kind words and great photo of your ZR1 delivery. Glad to hear all went well and the the car arrived safe and sound. We thank you for your business and we look forward yo helping you with any future moves.

Thanks,
Jim
Intercity Lines
www.intercitylines.com
jim@intercitylines.com
800-221-3936 x205

Last edited by intercity lines; 10-15-2018 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:21 PM
sammy burks
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts

Beautiful combination, like the yellow brake calipers have them on my torch red Z06
Old 10-15-2018, 02:29 PM
morepwr
Melting Slicks

Received 159 Likes on 96 Posts

I like that color combo with the interior! Very nice looking.

Quick Reply: I love this delivery truck