C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

How will tracking costs stack up between a ZR1, Z06/07, Porsche GT Ferrari, Lambo etc

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 06:24 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,405 Likes on 1,374 Posts

Originally Posted by Scarpia
Yup; been my experience as well. If you have nothing to prove (including to yourself) and you have the smoothness that comes with practice/skill, everything lasts longer. :-)
I drive like I have something to prove. I want to prove how awesome the C7 ZR1 is.
The following 2 users liked this post by Poor-sha:
AZ Car Guy (12-06-2018), Lavender (11-14-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 08:00 PM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Received 729 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
I drive like I have something to prove. I want to prove how awesome the C7 ZR1 is.
and we thank you for that Sean.. when I’m driving mine at a “somewhat slower pace” I still can visualize what the car is capable of when you are driving it. Haha..
The following users liked this post:
Poor-sha (11-13-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 10:52 PM
AZ Car Guy
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ZoratZ06
I'm by no means a track day 'expert' but you will find far, far, far more Porsches, BMW's, Corvette's and Miata's on the track than Ferrari's, or Lambo's. You'll be very hard pressed to see any 'special edition' Lambo or Ferrari on track...488 Pista/Aperta, or LaFerrari. Most of those are garage queens or street only machines. I'm sure someone will chime in about how their local track has them every weekend...but the truth is, they are probably less than 1% of the cars you'll actually see on track (running hard), esp. when compared to Porsche, Vette etc...

I know what regular maintenance costs on my Ferrari's are, and I really have no interest in knowing what track day costs would be, esp. if something broke...I'm not even talking about consumables. The word expensive comes to mind. Lastly, just because people can afford a $400k car, doesn't mean they want a $50k-$100k+ repair bill. I'd hate to see a repair bill on a McLaren Senna...despite it being a track beast. No one enjoys writing big checks, even wealthy folks.
my wife picked up on the consumable expense pretty quick. I finished my first track day with about 1200 miles on the ZR1 and used up tires. Replaced the tires on Thursday and accidentally left the receipt out. Friday when I was leaving for another track day she asks, ‘will you need tires again Monday.’

i decided to buy a second set of wheels so I can reverse each set of tires and get another session or two out of them and drive home on good rubber. On the street I’m running regular pilot sports now and Cup 2s just for the track. Hopefully save a little of the consumable expenses.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:58 AM
GrapemanZR1
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Rinaldo Catria

and we thank you for that Sean.. when I’m driving mine at a “somewhat slower pace” I still can visualize what the car is capable of when you are driving it. Haha..
I just got back from the Spring Mountain school. Driving these cars for 2 solid days on track really shows you just how capable they are. And then you go for a couple of hot laps with one of the Instructors behind the wheel. It's a "whole nuther kettle of fish." I am both in awe of the car and happy as heck I own one!

Quick Reply: How will tracking costs stack up between a ZR1, Z06/07, Porsche GT Ferrari, Lambo etc