Florida, a Corvette's paradise ! - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Florida, a Corvette's paradise !

Old 12-06-2018, 08:36 PM
Zjoe6
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Frankie2blue View Post
Deb, you put it better than I. Yikes , that pic of your Z is about the best pic I have seen yet among all that I have seen. Talk about stance and attitude! Nice.
Every pic of her ZR1 is the best I've ever seen. Kind of nice when she's in it
I'm a sucker for a Torch Red C7. Especially a ZR1 with BAW, and M7. Perfect setup.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zjoe6 For This Useful Post:
propete (12-06-2018)
Old 12-07-2018, 11:04 AM
Range_Rat
CF Senior Member

Yeah, sucks to be "up North" for about four months out of twelve --- but we get used to it. There are some advantages to living here as well: low traffic density, lots of open roads, easy access to just about anything, Summer and Fall are almost always terrific ...
The Following User Says Thank You to Range_Rat For This Useful Post:
propete (12-07-2018)
Old 12-07-2018, 12:32 PM
propete
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1 View Post
Thank you so much , it's Hrydrosilex Ceramic coating . I like it better than the Ceramic pro, gives the car a more wet shine. Will see how long it lasts
Just ordered some after watching the "Youtube" videos of the HydroSilex. Thats exactly what I've been looking for. Easy to apply too. thank you for the information!
Old 12-08-2018, 11:47 AM
GlennSullivan
CF Senior Member

Good conversation, as many have said, there is no perfect situation. We go between Westchester County NY and Jupiter FL (still working). South Florida weather can be a real challenge June through October with oppressive heat / humidity, tons of rain and the hurricane threats (2 years in a row in 2016 & 2017). During this same period the weather up north is generally nice. Around November, the situation swaps, with the weather up north turning cold and nasty, while Fla gets comfortable and dry.

At one point I thought I could retire in Fla and sell our house up north, but current thinking is I cant / don't want to deal with the June / October Fla conditions. Time will tell.
The Following User Says Thank You to GlennSullivan For This Useful Post:
propete (12-09-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 10:30 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Zjoe6 View Post
Every pic of her ZR1 is the best I've ever seen. Kind of nice when she's in it
I'm a sucker for a Torch Red C7. Especially a ZR1 with BAW, and M7. Perfect setup.
awwww thank you. Iím lucky to have this car and more importantly them opportunity to meet so many people because

Originally Posted by propete View Post
Just ordered some after watching the "Youtube" videos of the HydroSilex. Thats exactly what I've been looking for. Easy to apply too. thank you for the information!
Youíre most welcome. Looking forward to your thoughts and pics of your gleaming shine !
Originally Posted by GlennSullivan View Post
Good conversation, as many have said, there is no perfect situation. We go between Westchester County NY and Jupiter FL (still working). South Florida weather can be a real challenge June through October with oppressive heat / humidity, tons of rain and the hurricane threats (2 years in a row in 2016 & 2017). During this same period the weather up north is generally nice. Around November, the situation swaps, with the weather up north turning cold and nasty, while Fla gets comfortable and dry.

At one point I thought I could retire in Fla and sell our house up north, but current thinking is I cant / don't want to deal with the June / October Fla conditions. Time will tell.
Usually go to Florida November when snow hits North, and return April. Iím in NE Florida, canít imagine the summer heat South.
The Following User Says Thank You to DebRedZR1 For This Useful Post:
propete (Today)
Old 12-09-2018, 11:52 AM
Racerdj
CF Senior Member

Going between Florida and Michigan there is no one good place. It all depends when and where you are. West Michigan has great weather a few months a year. Lots of Car events on both the West and East side of the state. Starting that car in Spring is almost as good as getting a new car. Florida has more construction, crazy drivers and traffic. There are frosty days like today or rain so no cup tires. Good roads can be found outside the city Make the best of where you are and enjoy the car Many people would love to have it no matter where they are at!
That photo should be in a sales brochure!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Racerdj For This Useful Post:
DebRedZR1 (12-09-2018), propete (12-09-2018), Runnn (12-09-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 08:05 PM
SouthernSon
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

There is a lot to be said for warmer temperatures but in East Tn. one can find 315 curves in 11 miles. In Fl. it is usually 11 curves in 315 miles. Just sayin'...
The Following User Says Thank You to SouthernSon For This Useful Post:
propete (Yesterday)
Old 12-09-2018, 08:41 PM
range96
CF Senior Member

Going between Florida and Michigan there is no one good place. It all depends when and where you are. West Michigan has great weather a few months a year. Lots of Car events on both the West and East side of the state. Starting that car in Spring is almost as good as getting a new car. Florida has more construction, crazy drivers and traffic. There are frosty days like today or rain so no cup tires. Good roads can be found outside the city Make the best of where you are and enjoy the car Many people would love to have it no matter where they are at!
Hand pick your parking spaces in Florida. I noticed the spaces are narrower than up north (with a few exception). Look out for car door dings and older drivers... (My family car just got redecorated by a FL driver on a parking lot)
Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by range96 View Post
Hand pick your parking spaces in Florida. I noticed the spaces are narrower than up north (with a few exception). Look out for car door dings and older drivers... (My family car just got redecorated by a FL driver on a parking lot)
sorry to hear that. Thought it was just me, the spaces are narrower. Seems people donít have much respect for vechiles at times :/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DebRedZR1 For This Useful Post:
propete (Today), range96 (Yesterday)
Old Today, 09:35 PM
irvbulldogs72
CF Senior Member

I would propose that Corvettes are happiest on roads like this, which cannot be found in Florida:

Last edited by irvbulldogs72; Today at 09:37 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to irvbulldogs72 For This Useful Post:
propete (Today)
Old Today, 10:01 PM
propete
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by irvbulldogs72 View Post
I would propose that Corvettes are happiest on roads like this, which cannot be found in Florida:

That is a gorgeous photo, you make a good point !

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: