C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

TUNERZ STORE | DSC Sport v4 Controller C7 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 08:49 PM
0Tunerz Store
Former Vendor

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks for the order!
Old 04-14-2019, 12:57 PM
Devin M
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When activating launch control, brake pedal pressed and quick gas pedal pump I get a message service suspension system. Is this what indicates launch control is active? Or do I have other issues? 19 Z06 A8
Old 04-14-2019, 05:34 PM
0Tunerz Store
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Devin M
When activating launch control, brake pedal pressed and quick gas pedal pump I get a message service suspension system. Is this what indicates launch control is active? Or do I have other issues? 19 Z06 A8
Should be normal, but I will confirm.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:10 PM
0Tunerz Store
Former Vendor

The hazazrd lights should also flash once to indicate launch is active if the sequence is done properly.

I'm confirming the "service suspension system" is part of the protocol. Can you provide the firmware version for your controller? I also sent you an email.

Thanks
Old 04-15-2019, 05:39 PM
UnhandledException
Drifting

Received 1,351 Likes on 554 Posts

I dont see a spot on this controller for USB cable to go into. Am I missing anything?
Old 04-15-2019, 05:56 PM
0Tunerz Store
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by UnhandledException
I dont see a spot on this controller for USB cable to go into. Am I missing anything?
Pull the nipple off the end of the controller opposite of the connector.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:04 PM
UnhandledException
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tunerz Store
Pull the nipple off the end of the controller opposite of the connector.
Are you supposed to leave the cable there permanently so that its easier to access in the future? Whats the norm? I dont want to pull the wheel and liner everytime I need to change the mapping. Does Wifi work?
Old 04-15-2019, 06:09 PM
0Tunerz Store
Former Vendor

Are you supposed to leave the cable there permanently so that its easier to access in the future? Whats the norm? I dont want to pull the wheel and liner everytime I need to change the mapping. Does Wifi work?
I would suggest leaving the cable in place to avoid the nonsense of taking the wheel off. The wifi works but not as well. I would rather have a stable connection in case you needed to update firmware. Beyond zeroing shocks initially you probably aren't going to be using the cable much unless you plan on doing your own tuning.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:21 PM
UnhandledException
Drifting

I would suggest leaving the cable in place to avoid the nonsense of taking the wheel off. The wifi works but not as well. I would rather have a stable connection in case you needed to update firmware. Beyond zeroing shocks initially you probably aren't going to be using the cable much unless you plan on doing your own tuning.
That was the other question. I read about this “zeroing” of the shocks but couldnt find instructions on how to do it. Are there step by step instructions on how to do this?
Old 04-15-2019, 06:26 PM
0Tunerz Store
Former Vendor

That was the other question. I read about this “zeroing” of the shocks but couldnt find instructions on how to do it. Are there step by step instructions on how to do this?
Dsc has several videos in their training academy on their site. Below is specific video link
Old 04-15-2019, 06:32 PM
UnhandledException
Drifting

Dsc has several videos in their training academy on their site. Below is specific video link
https://youtu.be/BTcgkbUjrqI
thank you
Old 04-15-2019, 07:21 PM
0Tunerz Store
Former Vendor

thank you
Glad I can help.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:44 PM
Devin M
Intermediate

i cut the end of the rubber cap just enough for the USB cable to fit snug so it seals the cable to the controller. I will try and get a photo up later if you want.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:47 PM
Devin M
Intermediate

C7 2.1 1-20-19 V4

The hazazrd lights should also flash once to indicate launch is active if the sequence is done properly.

I'm confirming the "service suspension system" is part of the protocol. Can you provide the firmware version for your controller? I also sent you an email.

Thanks
Old 04-15-2019, 10:59 PM
UnhandledException
Drifting

I am not going to mess with the cable. Rubber gasket there is put for a reason. When you drive this car in snow and ice, salt and all kinds of corrosion will end up anything thats not air tight. And eventually that stuff might short out. That short can cause havoc on the ECM and all electronics. Its OK for someone who drives their ZR1 6 months of the year in Florida weather but where I am, its quite different.

Do you have to completely remove the device to attach the USB cable? Can you not attach the cable without removing it from the fender?

Last edited by UnhandledException; 04-15-2019 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:29 AM
UnhandledException
Drifting

This is not as easy to install. There is no way to reach up there where the 10mm bolt is to remove the bracket without removing the wheel and the wheel liner. I dont know if ZR1 is more difficult but unless you have telescopic view of that little spot there its not happening. Even if you were to remove the bracket, how the hell are you supposed to align it back while reinstalling and what happens if you drop the bolt in there?

I love how aftermarket companies make stuff sound so good and easy but reality isnt so

Last edited by UnhandledException; 04-16-2019 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:56 PM
0Tunerz Store
Former Vendor

This is not as easy to install. There is no way to reach up there where the 10mm bolt is to remove the bracket without removing the wheel and the wheel liner. I dont know if ZR1 is more difficult but unless you have telescopic view of that little spot there its not happening. Even if you were to remove the bracket, how the hell are you supposed to align it back while reinstalling and what happens if you drop the bolt in there?

I love how aftermarket companies make stuff sound so good and easy but reality isnt so

Taking the wheel off is the utmost best option, period. The install is not as hard as it seems. I have faith you can do it without any issues.

Get notified of new replies

To TUNERZ STORE | DSC Sport v4 Controller C7 Corvette

Old 04-16-2019, 02:03 PM
0Tunerz Store
Former Vendor

I am not going to mess with the cable. Rubber gasket there is put for a reason. When you drive this car in snow and ice, salt and all kinds of corrosion will end up anything thats not air tight. And eventually that stuff might short out. That short can cause havoc on the ECM and all electronics. Its OK for someone who drives their ZR1 6 months of the year in Florida weather but where I am, its quite different.

Do you have to completely remove the device to attach the USB cable? Can you not attach the cable without removing it from the fender?
Once its mounted in the proper location, you would be able to see the usb side of the controller, therefore unnecessary to remove it to hook up the cable.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:26 AM
Devin M
Intermediate

Once its mounted in the proper location, you would be able to see the usb side of the controller, therefore unnecessary to remove it to hook up the cable.
here you can see the USB cable from the vent, if you didn’t want to leave the cable in you would have to turn wheel to the left and go in through the wheel well

note: I sealed my cable with the rubber cap and compound to keep the elements out.
The following users liked this post:
Tunerz Store (04-17-2019)
Old 04-21-2019, 01:31 PM
0Tunerz Store
Former Vendor

Happy Easter!

Quick Reply: TUNERZ STORE | DSC Sport v4 Controller C7 Corvette