Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 ZR1 Discussion
Reload this Page >

TUNERZ STORE | DSC Sport v4 Controller C7 Corvette

Notices
C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

TUNERZ STORE | DSC Sport v4 Controller C7 Corvette

 
Old 04-11-2019, 08:49 PM
  #21  
Tunerz Store
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Tunerz Store's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2015
Location: KY
Posts: 458
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default

Thanks for the order!
Tunerz Store is online now  
Old 04-14-2019, 12:57 PM
  #22  
Devin M
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2019
Posts: 22
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

When activating launch control, brake pedal pressed and quick gas pedal pump I get a message service suspension system. Is this what indicates launch control is active? Or do I have other issues? 19 Z06 A8
Devin M is offline  
Old 04-14-2019, 05:34 PM
  #23  
Tunerz Store
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Tunerz Store's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2015
Location: KY
Posts: 458
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Devin M View Post
When activating launch control, brake pedal pressed and quick gas pedal pump I get a message service suspension system. Is this what indicates launch control is active? Or do I have other issues? 19 Z06 A8
Should be normal, but I will confirm.
Tunerz Store is online now  
Old 04-15-2019, 03:10 PM
  #24  
Tunerz Store
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Tunerz Store's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2015
Location: KY
Posts: 458
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default

The hazazrd lights should also flash once to indicate launch is active if the sequence is done properly.

I'm confirming the "service suspension system" is part of the protocol. Can you provide the firmware version for your controller? I also sent you an email.

Thanks
Tunerz Store is online now  
Old 04-15-2019, 05:39 PM
  #25  
UnhandledException
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2017
Posts: 800
Received 124 Likes on 94 Posts
Default

I dont see a spot on this controller for USB cable to go into. Am I missing anything?
UnhandledException is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 05:56 PM
  #26  
Tunerz Store
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Tunerz Store's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2015
Location: KY
Posts: 458
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by UnhandledException View Post
I dont see a spot on this controller for USB cable to go into. Am I missing anything?
Pull the nipple off the end of the controller opposite of the connector.
Tunerz Store is online now  
Old 04-15-2019, 06:04 PM
  #27  
UnhandledException
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2017
Posts: 800
Received 124 Likes on 94 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tunerz Store View Post
Pull the nipple off the end of the controller opposite of the connector.
Are you supposed to leave the cable there permanently so that its easier to access in the future? Whats the norm? I dont want to pull the wheel and liner everytime I need to change the mapping. Does Wifi work?
UnhandledException is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 06:09 PM
  #28  
Tunerz Store
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Tunerz Store's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2015
Location: KY
Posts: 458
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by UnhandledException View Post
Are you supposed to leave the cable there permanently so that its easier to access in the future? Whats the norm? I dont want to pull the wheel and liner everytime I need to change the mapping. Does Wifi work?
I would suggest leaving the cable in place to avoid the nonsense of taking the wheel off. The wifi works but not as well. I would rather have a stable connection in case you needed to update firmware. Beyond zeroing shocks initially you probably aren't going to be using the cable much unless you plan on doing your own tuning.
Tunerz Store is online now  
Old 04-15-2019, 06:21 PM
  #29  
UnhandledException
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2017
Posts: 800
Received 124 Likes on 94 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tunerz Store View Post
I would suggest leaving the cable in place to avoid the nonsense of taking the wheel off. The wifi works but not as well. I would rather have a stable connection in case you needed to update firmware. Beyond zeroing shocks initially you probably aren't going to be using the cable much unless you plan on doing your own tuning.
That was the other question. I read about this “zeroing” of the shocks but couldnt find instructions on how to do it. Are there step by step instructions on how to do this?
UnhandledException is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 06:26 PM
  #30  
Tunerz Store
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Tunerz Store's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2015
Location: KY
Posts: 458
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by UnhandledException View Post
That was the other question. I read about this “zeroing” of the shocks but couldnt find instructions on how to do it. Are there step by step instructions on how to do this?
Dsc has several videos in their training academy on their site. Below is specific video link
Tunerz Store is online now  
Old 04-15-2019, 06:32 PM
  #31  
UnhandledException
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2017
Posts: 800
Received 124 Likes on 94 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tunerz Store View Post
Dsc has several videos in their training academy on their site. Below is specific video link
https://youtu.be/BTcgkbUjrqI
thank you
UnhandledException is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 07:21 PM
  #32  
Tunerz Store
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Tunerz Store's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2015
Location: KY
Posts: 458
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by UnhandledException View Post
thank you
Glad I can help.
Tunerz Store is online now  
Old 04-15-2019, 10:44 PM
  #33  
Devin M
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2019
Posts: 22
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tunerz Store View Post
I would suggest leaving the cable in place to avoid the nonsense of taking the wheel off. The wifi works but not as well. I would rather have a stable connection in case you needed to update firmware. Beyond zeroing shocks initially you probably aren't going to be using the cable much unless you plan on doing your own tuning.
i cut the end of the rubber cap just enough for the USB cable to fit snug so it seals the cable to the controller. I will try and get a photo up later if you want.
Devin M is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 10:47 PM
  #34  
Devin M
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2019
Posts: 22
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default


C7 2.1 1-20-19 V4


Originally Posted by Tunerz Store View Post
The hazazrd lights should also flash once to indicate launch is active if the sequence is done properly.

I'm confirming the "service suspension system" is part of the protocol. Can you provide the firmware version for your controller? I also sent you an email.

Thanks
Devin M is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 10:59 PM
  #35  
UnhandledException
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2017
Posts: 800
Received 124 Likes on 94 Posts
Default

I am not going to mess with the cable. Rubber gasket there is put for a reason. When you drive this car in snow and ice, salt and all kinds of corrosion will end up anything thats not air tight. And eventually that stuff might short out. That short can cause havoc on the ECM and all electronics. Its OK for someone who drives their ZR1 6 months of the year in Florida weather but where I am, its quite different.

Do you have to completely remove the device to attach the USB cable? Can you not attach the cable without removing it from the fender?

Last edited by UnhandledException; 04-15-2019 at 10:59 PM.
UnhandledException is offline  
Old 04-16-2019, 11:29 AM
  #36  
UnhandledException
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2017
Posts: 800
Received 124 Likes on 94 Posts
Default

This is not as easy to install. There is no way to reach up there where the 10mm bolt is to remove the bracket without removing the wheel and the wheel liner. I dont know if ZR1 is more difficult but unless you have telescopic view of that little spot there its not happening. Even if you were to remove the bracket, how the hell are you supposed to align it back while reinstalling and what happens if you drop the bolt in there?

I love how aftermarket companies make stuff sound so good and easy but reality isnt so

Last edited by UnhandledException; 04-16-2019 at 11:29 AM.
UnhandledException is offline  
Old 04-16-2019, 01:56 PM
  #37  
Tunerz Store
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Tunerz Store's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2015
Location: KY
Posts: 458
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by UnhandledException View Post
This is not as easy to install. There is no way to reach up there where the 10mm bolt is to remove the bracket without removing the wheel and the wheel liner. I dont know if ZR1 is more difficult but unless you have telescopic view of that little spot there its not happening. Even if you were to remove the bracket, how the hell are you supposed to align it back while reinstalling and what happens if you drop the bolt in there?

I love how aftermarket companies make stuff sound so good and easy but reality isnt so

Taking the wheel off is the utmost best option, period. The install is not as hard as it seems. I have faith you can do it without any issues.
Tunerz Store is online now  
Old 04-16-2019, 02:03 PM
  #38  
Tunerz Store
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Tunerz Store's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2015
Location: KY
Posts: 458
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by UnhandledException View Post
I am not going to mess with the cable. Rubber gasket there is put for a reason. When you drive this car in snow and ice, salt and all kinds of corrosion will end up anything thats not air tight. And eventually that stuff might short out. That short can cause havoc on the ECM and all electronics. Its OK for someone who drives their ZR1 6 months of the year in Florida weather but where I am, its quite different.

Do you have to completely remove the device to attach the USB cable? Can you not attach the cable without removing it from the fender?
Once its mounted in the proper location, you would be able to see the usb side of the controller, therefore unnecessary to remove it to hook up the cable.
Tunerz Store is online now  
Old 04-17-2019, 10:26 AM
  #39  
Devin M
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2019
Posts: 22
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default


Originally Posted by Tunerz Store View Post
Once its mounted in the proper location, you would be able to see the usb side of the controller, therefore unnecessary to remove it to hook up the cable.
here you can see the USB cable from the vent, if you didn’t want to leave the cable in you would have to turn wheel to the left and go in through the wheel well

note: I sealed my cable with the rubber cap and compound to keep the elements out.
Devin M is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Tunerz Store (04-17-2019)
Old 04-21-2019, 01:31 PM
  #40  
Tunerz Store
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Tunerz Store's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2015
Location: KY
Posts: 458
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default

Happy Easter!
Tunerz Store is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TUNERZ STORE | DSC Sport v4 Controller C7 Corvette


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: