C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Brembo or AP Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 03:29 PM
william wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 319 Likes on 147 Posts

Default Brembo or AP Racing

Which is a better replacement I need to get rid of the ceramics due to my tracking 15 to 20 times A yr???
Old 03-25-2019, 03:30 PM
william wyatt
Burning Brakes

Also who is the best Vendor to buy them from.Roughly what is the price to replace the front and the back’s

Last edited by william wyatt; 03-25-2019 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:47 PM
moose.b3
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 128 Posts

Jeff Ritter for AP Racing. You really can't go wrong with AP Racing.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...itt-essex.html

AP Racing history.

https://www.apracing.com/Aboutus.aspx?cid=5
Old 03-25-2019, 06:56 PM
dparm
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Brembo owns AP Racing, for what it's worth.

Go look in the pits at any IMSA race or whatever. You will see Brembo and AP on pretty much everything, save for the Porsche Cup cars that are running PFC. Both companies make an outstanding product -- buy the one that fits your specific use cases.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:54 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,404 Likes on 1,374 Posts

If you're going to cross-shop the two then make sure you are comparing the actual Brembo track focused packages to the AP Racing. For instance, the Brembo GT kit is really more of high end street/occasional track setup which is most likely what you'll find. I had the Brembo GT setup on my C6Z and even in a much lighter car I was going through pads and rotors like crazy and the pads were an odd shape that really limited selection and made them expensive. It was really difficult to get any support from Brembo and when I finally did get a hold of someone they wanted me to junk my system for their much more expensive GT-R (no relation to the Nissan car) kit. Eventually I got them to offer me a different rotor setup that was a smaller J-hook rotor but better construction (more akin to the AP Racing stuff) which helped quite a bit. That also came with a different pad shape that worked but left a swath of the rotor anulus unused.

All this is why I jumped on the AP Racing kit when it first came out but only after I grilled Jeff on them. It's pretty much plug and play and I've been very happy with running them on my C7 Z06 and ZR1.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:41 PM
william wyatt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
If you're going to cross-shop the two then make sure you are comparing the actual Brembo track focused packages to the AP Racing. For instance, the Brembo GT kit is really more of high end street/occasional track setup which is most likely what you'll find. I had the Brembo GT setup on my C6Z and even in a much lighter car I was going through pads and rotors like crazy and the pads were an odd shape that really limited selection and made them expensive. It was really difficult to get any support from Brembo and when I finally did get a hold of someone they wanted me to junk my system for their much more expensive GT-R (no relation to the Nissan car) kit. Eventually I got them to offer me a different rotor setup that was a smaller J-hook rotor but better construction (more akin to the AP Racing stuff) which helped quite a bit. That also came with a different pad shape that worked but left a swath of the rotor anulus unused.

All this is why I jumped on the AP Racing kit when it first came out but only after I grilled Jeff on them. It's pretty much plug and play and I've been very happy with running them on my C7 Z06 and ZR1.
whats the cost of the AP Race Kit for all 4
Old 03-25-2019, 08:52 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by xlr8ion
whats the cost of the AP Race Kit for all 4
https://www.essexparts.com/my-vehicl...t/Corvette/ZR1

Get the CP9668 front endurance calipers. If you plan to run 18" wheels you need to stick with the 372mm front rotors.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:07 AM
serpent
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts

Poor-sha, how does Stop Tech compare to AP racing?
Old 03-26-2019, 01:46 AM
HPT
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by serpent
Shouldn't even be in the conversation. Brembo or AP are the only aftermarket brake kits I'd buy.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:00 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by serpent
I don't have any first hand experience with Stop Tech but like the others I'm sure they have a range of products.

Get notified of new replies

To Brembo or AP Racing

Quick Reply: Brembo or AP Racing