C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

I like it loud

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 02:21 PM
erh
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I like it loud

Is there a way to make the new ZR1 run loud all the time?
Old 06-09-2019, 02:38 PM
CaddyJimz06
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Set your exhaust setting to Track Mode.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 06-09-2019 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 02:41 PM
ROBWILKER
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 151 Posts

Run it in track mode all the time. If you own a ZR1 it may have come with an owner's manual. It is very important to read this material. If you do not have a manual you can download one at Chevrolet.com. Good luck.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:02 PM
RonC7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,302 Likes on 862 Posts

Pull the fuse for Exhaust Valve #2 in the front fuse box.

RTFM

Ron
Old 06-09-2019, 05:21 PM
Palantirion
Burning Brakes

Received 268 Likes on 150 Posts

Is there a way to run the exhaust in track mode while in Sport and Race driving modes, but still have Stealth set to activate when in Comfort?
Old 06-09-2019, 06:34 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,219 Posts

Originally Posted by Palantirion
Is there a way to run the exhaust in track mode while in Sport and Race driving modes, but still have Stealth set to activate when in Comfort?
Your options are to hand pick an exhaust sound mode or tie it to the driving mode. You can always pick Stealth or Track exhaust at will.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:10 PM
saleen556
Le Mans Master

Received 2,202 Likes on 1,193 Posts

This is the easiest way I’ve found if one doesn’t want to be switching driving modes or messing with the infotainment center. You can program the buttons on your visor to open and close the valves anytime you want. The car will start up with the valves open and won’t close unless you choose to.

Amazon Amazon
Old 06-09-2019, 07:25 PM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Received 729 Likes on 418 Posts

I’m not sure if this question is asking what I think it is asking but the thread leads me to think that some ZR1 owners are selecting their exhaust sound by changing the “drive mode” from T(our) to S(port) or Tr(ack).. remember that GM recommends specifically AGAINST running in Tr(ack) mode on the street. The suspension is so stiff there is significant risk of bending wheels on expansion cracks or pot holes. Many have done it. I suggest leaving the driving mode in T(our) on the street and change the exhaust note on the center screen (infotainment screen).. when you get to exhaust sound you need to scroll
down to see “track mode”... its hiding just below view when that comes up. Refer to your manual if this is not clear. But dont be changing your exhaust by getting out of touring mode. You are also shutting down much of the cars active handling and traction control “nannies “ that may help keep you in your own lane, besides give you a needlessly harsh ride or worse yet bent wheels. Pardon to all who know this already.

Last edited by Rinaldo Catria; 06-09-2019 at 07:29 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Rinaldo Catria:
2019 ZR1 (06-10-2019), DebRedZR1 (06-10-2019), scottss (06-09-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 09:49 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,629 Likes on 1,747 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by Rinaldo Catria
I’m not sure if this question is asking what I think it is asking but the thread leads me to think that some ZR1 owners are selecting their exhaust sound by changing the “drive mode” from T(our) to S(port) or Tr(ack).. remember that GM recommends specifically AGAINST running in Tr(ack) mode on the street. The suspension is so stiff there is significant risk of bending wheels on expansion cracks or pot holes. Many have done it. I suggest leaving the driving mode in T(our) on the street and change the exhaust note on the center screen (infotainment screen).. when you get to exhaust sound you need to scroll
down to see “track mode”... its hiding just below view when that comes up. Refer to your manual if this is not clear. But dont be changing your exhaust by getting out of touring mode. You are also shutting down much of the cars active handling and traction control “nannies “ that may help keep you in your own lane, besides give you a needlessly harsh ride or worse yet bent wheels. Pardon to all who know this already.
^^^ THIS
Many seem to be confusing the TRACK DRIVING mode on the console with the TRACK EXHAUST Mode setting in the DIC.

PS you can always add an Akrapovic exhaust for real fun ;>

Last edited by DebRedZR1; 06-10-2019 at 09:50 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by DebRedZR1:
2019 ZR1 (06-10-2019), IZR1 (06-12-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 10:43 AM
BillY2KFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 348 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by saleen556
This is the easiest way I’ve found if one doesn’t want to be switching driving modes or messing with the infotainment center. You can program the buttons on your visor to open and close the valves anytime you want. The car will start up with the valves open and won’t close unless you choose to.

https://www.amazon.com/2014-Current-.../dp/B01M8L2SH6
Yup, this x100! I did this on my Z06 and for how I drive the car it was life changing. Most of the time I prefer to keep it wide open, only on the highway when I'm using 6th and especially 7th gear do I like to close the valves. Going 4 screens deep into the infotainment is annoying and not super safe with the tramlining on CT highways. So I use the Mild2Wild with the HomeLink buttons to give a quick and easy way to open or close the valves.

In fact, I just bought a 1ZR ZR1 which does not have HomeLink and my FIRST mod was to order a HomeLink visor from GM Parts Direct for $200. 10% so I can open my garage door without keeping an opener in the car and 90% for Mild2Wild.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:52 AM
range96
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BillY2KFRC
Yup, this x100! I did this on my Z06 and for how I drive the car it was life changing. Most of the time I prefer to keep it wide open, only on the highway when I'm using 6th and especially 7th gear do I like to close the valves. Going 4 screens deep into the infotainment is annoying and not super safe with the tramlining on CT highways. So I use the Mild2Wild with the HomeLink buttons to give a quick and easy way to open or close the valves.

In fact, I just bought a 1ZR ZR1 which does not have HomeLink and my FIRST mod was to order a HomeLink visor from GM Parts Direct for $200. 10% so I can open my garage door without keeping an opener in the car and 90% for Mild2Wild.
Interesting, so the HomeLink visor power wires are already installed on the 1ZR car?
Old 06-10-2019, 11:14 AM
BillY2KFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 348 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by range96
Interesting, so the HomeLink visor power wires are already installed on the 1ZR car?
That's what I've read. The visor is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so fingers crossed!
Old 06-10-2019, 11:31 AM
sammy burks
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts

you really want it loud install a set of long tub headers with hi flow cats & you can leave it in sport mod all the time & still have a decent ride

Last edited by sammy burks; 06-10-2019 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:58 AM
ROBWILKER
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 151 Posts

You may be right about the wheel damage but Tadge specifically denied this statement saying the driving mode and suspension changes for Tour, Sport or Track have no effect on the suspension that would be likely or not to cause wheel damage. Not the first time for contradictions on such matters.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:17 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BillY2KFRC
That's what I've read. The visor is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so fingers crossed!
I'm curious to know when you find out.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:49 PM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,737 Likes on 876 Posts

I was wondering why my neighbors garage doors would go up and down when no one was home.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:45 PM
Palantirion
Burning Brakes

Received 268 Likes on 150 Posts

- Right, so that's why I tried to phrase my question carefully. I drive in Sport, and use the **** to switch to Tour when I need an immediate stealth mode (IE: after a WOT run since the car can be heard 3 blocks away by the po-po). Using the touchscreen is far slower and requires me to take my eyes off the road. The **** is the best way to quickly switch. SO: I would like to run Track's exhaust in Sport, while still knowing that it will switch to Stealth when I **** the drive mode to Tour.

Get notified of new replies

To I like it loud

Old 06-10-2019, 05:48 PM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Received 729 Likes on 418 Posts

- Right, so that's why I tried to phrase my question carefully. I drive in Sport, and use the **** to switch to Tour when I need an immediate stealth mode (IE: after a WOT run since the car can be heard 3 blocks away by the po-po). Using the touchscreen is far slower and requires me to take my eyes off the road. The **** is the best way to quickly switch. SO: I would like to run Track's exhaust in Sport, while still knowing that it will switch to Stealth when I **** the drive mode to Tour.
Now I gotcha.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:11 PM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,769 Likes on 970 Posts

I thought stealth mode was when you press the start, stop button when you put the car away and the noise stops, am I wrong??????

Last edited by hcvone; 06-10-2019 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:37 AM
snakepit
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Wondering if the sport exhaust and track exhaust mode are the same.

Quick Reply: I like it loud