C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Possibly in the market for a ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 12:56 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,426 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by 94Lt1Vette
where is this?
Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA. I run the Service and Parts departments, but I'm also heavily involved with sales due to the Corvette Forum and all the local Corvette clubs.

We actually have two of the same car described above, but a pending sale on one of them.
Old 07-26-2019, 04:48 PM
robmypro
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 55 Posts

Hey guys switching to the automatic as i want to drag the car and track it, and my left knee isn’t going to cooperate. I will let you guys know what sort of quotes i get. Looking for close to invoice to pull the trigger. The car has already been out a year so we’ll see.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:01 PM
robmypro
Drifting

Any idea what invoice would be on a $144k build?
Old 07-26-2019, 07:11 PM
94Lt1Vette
Le Mans Master

Received 764 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
Any idea what invoice would be on a $144k build?
133-134k.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:26 PM
msdunkel
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 90 Posts

Bill Buck Chevy in Florida appears to have a yellow ZTK, 3ZR, 7M

https://www.billbuckchevrolet.com/Ve...-FL/3470972733
Old 07-26-2019, 09:01 PM
robmypro
Drifting

So far i have one quote at $134,500. So almost exactly $10k off MSRP.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:48 AM
robmypro
Drifting

Found a black one fully spec’d up at $14k under MSRP. I just don’t know if i can deal with black.
Old 07-27-2019, 10:28 AM
msdunkel
Racer

Found a black one fully spec’d up at $14k under MSRP. I just don’t know if i can deal with black.
Mind sharing your shopping technique and what dealers you're working with? Seems odd that you'd be discussing price on a car you don't want and I haven't seen too many listed on the internet for that much under sticker.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:01 PM
robmypro
Drifting

Originally Posted by msdunkel
Mind sharing your shopping technique and what dealers you're working with? Seems odd that you'd be discussing price on a car you don't want and I haven't seen too many listed on the internet for that much under sticker.
i spoke with one dealer yesterday. Basically told them the car has been out on the road for a year now, and the c8 has been announced, so i just didn’t want to take a big depreciation hit. They started at MSRP, then eventually got to $1,500 below invoice and we are still negotiating. I still think the downside risk, especially on an automatic, is pretty big. The dual clutch in the c8 makes the A8 in the c7 look pretty dated, so I just want to be cautious on a car the dealer is trying to present as new on a one year old, last gen car.

Don’t get me wrong, i really do like the car. I am just not willing to take a big hit on it initially. I am targeting $125k on a $144k MSRP car. I think that is reasonable and feel the downside from there is not too bad.
The following users liked this post:
msdunkel (07-27-2019)
Old 07-27-2019, 12:16 PM
msdunkel
Racer

i spoke with one dealer yesterday. Basically told them the car has been out on the road for a year now, and the c8 has been announced, so i just didn’t want to take a big depreciation hit. They started at MSRP, then eventually got to $1,500 below invoice and we are still negotiating. I still think the downside risk, especially on an automatic, is pretty big. The dual clutch in the c8 makes the A8 in the c7 look pretty dated, so I just want to be cautious on a car the dealer is trying to present as new on a one year old, last gen car.

Don’t get me wrong, i really do like the car. I am just not willing to take a big hit on it initially. I am targeting $125k on a $144k MSRP car. I think that is reasonable and feel the downside from there is not too bad.
Funny, that's my trigger point as well (this month, this time next month probably a little less). Don't worry, I'm looking for a manual so no competition from me! If I get one that's great and if not I'll console myself with a C8 or Porsche Spyder (if I get an allocation, fat chance right?) . I most definitely WANT 750/750 but I certainly don't NEED it! I'm also with you, no black.

I'll be interested to see if you can get $19k off without any loyalty discounts. That's well below dealer invoice.
I edited out of order but didn't want to spam another post. I'd love to see it but I'd also be very surprised if it happened.

Last edited by msdunkel; 07-27-2019 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:20 PM
94Lt1Vette
Le Mans Master

I'll be interested to see if you can get $19k off without any loyalty discounts. That's well below dealer invoice.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:22 PM
robmypro
Drifting

Originally Posted by msdunkel
Funny, that's my trigger point as well (this month, this time next month probably a little less). Don't worry, I'm looking for a manual so no competition from me! If I get one that's great and if not I'll console myself with a C8 or Porsche Spyder (if I get an allocation, fat chance right?) . I most definitely WANT 750/750 but I certainly don't NEED it! I'm also with you, no black.
At this stage you have to consider that it is one year old and the c8 is here. I was looking for a manual, and want a manual, but i just don’t think my knee will be happy with it. Besides, i have a dragstrip 20 minutes away. What color are you looking for? I think i am settled on white with black wheels. Same as my GT3 but it just looks great like that.

Good luck with your search!
The following users liked this post:
msdunkel (07-28-2019)
Old 07-27-2019, 12:25 PM
robmypro
Drifting

We’ll see. If the right car comes along and it is $15k off i might pull the trigger. But in that range it would need to be ideal.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:43 PM
94Lt1Vette
Le Mans Master

We’ll see. If the right car comes along and it is $15k off i might pull the trigger. But in that range it would need to be ideal.
$1500 under invoice is surprising to me with the current market. That may be the best you'll get, but anything is possible.
Old 07-27-2019, 06:52 PM
robmypro
Drifting

$1500 under invoice is surprising to me with the current market. That may be the best you'll get, but anything is possible.
Hard to say. High end car sales are weak across the board. Ferrari and Porsche sales are the same.
Old 07-27-2019, 06:59 PM
robmypro
Drifting

Okay went to a few Chevy dealers today. Wanted to see colors in person. So a few Corvettes in different colors. Bottom line?

I want white. Was not in love with any other color. Updated my requirements in first post.
Old 07-27-2019, 07:28 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,106 Likes on 720 Posts

If you are prioritising your purchase upon price point the ZR1 may not be the car for you. Quite frankly, you stated you might get one now and upgrade later to a C8. I am not so sure that would be an upgrade. That is strictly a personal perspective. The ZR1 is a different animal from what the C8 is in several respects. As far as your concern of taking "an initial hit" on purchase price that has a lot of loose ends on trying to quantify. If you don't think the features of the ZR1 grab you enough to justify your own enjoyment at MSRP then you may want to just wait for the C8. Hope this helps your indecision.
The following 2 users liked this post by SouthernSon:
94Lt1Vette (07-27-2019), serpent (08-11-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Possibly in the market for a ZR1

Old 07-27-2019, 07:42 PM
robmypro
Drifting

Originally Posted by SouthernSon
If you are prioritising your purchase upon price point the ZR1 may not be the car for you. Quite frankly, you stated you might get one now and upgrade later to a C8. I am not so sure that would be an upgrade. That is strictly a personal perspective. The ZR1 is a different animal from what the C8 is in several respects. As far as your concern of taking "an initial hit" on purchase price that has a lot of loose ends on trying to quantify. If you don't think the features of the ZR1 grab you enough to justify your own enjoyment at MSRP then you may want to just wait for the C8. Hope this helps your indecision.
Hey there. I meant get a c7 zr1 now and upgrade to a c8 zr1 down the road. I have a 2015 GT3 so this would be another toy, so i can swing it financially. Just feel a bit reluctant to **** $10k away in a few months. The better deal i can work the less hit i will take. I do this with all my car purchases. I totally agree the zr1 is a different animal. I think it is awesome.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:26 PM
blb078
Racer

Received 198 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthernSon
Nothing wrong with him trying to get the best deal he can. When I bought my huracan and turbo s I did the same thing. I could afford msrp with adm on both cars but I don't play that game. I look at it as why pay more than I have to, even if I can afford it. Or in some cases like cars, why lose more than you have to. Whether it's 1k, 5k, 10k nothing wrong with trying to save some cash regardless of how much you can afford or how much the item costs.
The following 2 users liked this post by blb078:
cal45 (07-28-2019), robmypro (07-28-2019)
Old 07-28-2019, 06:43 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,106 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by blb078
Nothing wrong with him trying to get the best deal he can. When I bought my huracan and turbo s I did the same thing. I could afford msrp with adm on both cars but I don't play that game. I look at it as why pay more than I have to, even if I can afford it. Or in some cases like cars, why lose more than you have to. Whether it's 1k, 5k, 10k nothing wrong with trying to save some cash regardless of how much you can afford or how much the item costs.
My point is that if one is waiting on a deep discount I am afraid you missed that boat already. Those that bought one of the now limited editions did not prioritize the purchase upon a discount.

Quick Reply: Possibly in the market for a ZR1