C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

PEDAL COMMANDER - C7 Corvette ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 06:54 PM
Custom Corvette Accessories
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 434 Likes on 312 Posts
Default PEDAL COMMANDER - C7 Corvette ZR1

C7 Corvette Throttle Controller

Give your C7 Corvette the Throttle Response it is missing

Take Control of the information your ECU is getting and give it the information it needs!

Get rid if the 1/3 Throttle Lag programmed into your C7 Corvette
with the

Pedal Commander Throttle Controller
Pedal Commander is the Worlds's Most advanced throttle controller. It eliminates the response
delay from your electronic accelerator pedal, allowing your engine to respond faster to your
inputs. Want better fuel economy? Want a little more pedal response in traffic? Want to carve
up your local back roads? Going to the track? Got kids, leaving your Corvette with a Valet? Take
Control of the Go Pedal with Pedal Commander

Regular Price $409.99
Sale Price $349.99

and get

Shop NOW by Clicking the Link Below

C7 Corvette Pedal Commander Throttle Commander
Regards
Chip

Last edited by Custom Corvette Accessories; 10-19-2021 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-27-2019, 02:59 AM
UnhandledException
Drifting

Received 1,351 Likes on 554 Posts

Any reviews?
Old 10-27-2019, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by UnhandledException
Any reviews?
Relatively new to Corvette...

Legendary in the Industry...

Google Reviews

Regards
Chip
Old 10-27-2019, 08:31 PM
Repo Pilot
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 624 Likes on 307 Posts

How do you select the desired mode? With you phone, or what?
Old 10-28-2019, 09:31 AM
feeder82
Melting Slicks

Received 991 Likes on 627 Posts

. "The Pedal Commander TC for Corvettes is Bluetooth Enabled and can be run from your Smart Phone or via the hardwired controller."

From the website
Old 10-28-2019, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Repo Pilot
How do you select the desired mode? With you phone, or what?
Originally Posted by feeder82
. "The Pedal Commander TC for Corvettes is Bluetooth Enabled and can be run from your Smart Phone or via the hardwired controller."

From the website

You can select from the hardwired controller or from the Bluetooth function on your
smart phone or tablet

Simply select ECO, CITY, Sport or Sport Plus
Each of those setting has eight more settings +/-

No calibration or programming is needed (like some other units on the market)

Regards
Chip
Old 11-26-2020, 06:31 AM
Z06_505
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Chip, I read with much interest about your product a couple days ago for the first time. The next day I started seeing advertising for a competitors product (Roarpedal) at half the price of your product. Their product appears the same as pedal commander on the surface, but I want to know more. I am assuming you know about your competitors and I want to give you an opportunity to compare the products and tell us why we should buy yours. I buy on quality and performance and not just price, so have at it. Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
ernhart333 (07-25-2021)
Old 11-27-2020, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Z06_505
Chip, I read with much interest about your product a couple days ago for the first time. The next day I started seeing advertising for a competitors product (Roarpedal) at half the price of your product. Their product appears the same as pedal commander on the surface, but I want to know more. I am assuming you know about your competitors and I want to give you an opportunity to compare the products and tell us why we should buy yours. I buy on quality and performance and not just price, so have at it. Thanks.
Never heard of them - there are a ton of variables out there on the market these days...

We offer this one because our customers like the Bluetooth is they can hide the unit

Regards
Chip
Old 02-22-2024, 09:49 AM

All current orders are OTD

Regards
Chip
Old 02-24-2024, 08:19 PM
Hib Halverson
Pro Mechanic
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,153 Likes on 605 Posts

Chip-

My understanding is that this device does not really change throttle response of the engine. It changes how the ECT actuator responds to accelerator pedal movement, ie: rather than increasing the acceleration of airflow into the engine by changing the mechanical relationship between the edge of the throttle plate and the throttle bore and/or increasing spark advance at idle, Pedal Commander simply moves the throttle plate at a faster rate.

That in mind and knowing that the pedal-to-throttle relationship also changes when I change driving modes–ie: tour > sport > track–why does my ZR1 need a Pedal Commander when the car's various modes already offer a similar capability?

Also, I've heard that you can select an "aggressive" pedal-to-throttle opening curve with a Pedal Commander and then find, when tracking the car, that the throttle is too sensitive when trying to control the car at its handing limit in turns. If you back off that adjustment to make the throttle less sensitive and easier to drive in turns, then you're "taking a step back" from why you installed the device in the first place, aren't you?

Now, a question...can you compare and contrast improved throttle response from Pedal Commander vs. a properly ported throttle body combined with a calibration change that adds a more idle spark advance, that is–in your opinion, which is better and why?
Hawkerpilot62 (03-17-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 11:51 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,106 Likes on 720 Posts

I have found the initial amount of throttle input to make up for the lag inherent in the oem programming. The first quarter to half travel adds more TB movement. This makes it more in line with what I experience with the C5Z at the track. I like it when the throttle in the C7GS is akin with to the C5 when swapping between cars at the track. And yes, it can be upped to the point of scary. I don't do that. Only enough to make the TB respond as the C5 and C4 is my aim. I think I have the solar performance brand. I suppose they all are similar in operation.
ernhart333 (03-26-2024)

Get notified of new replies

To PEDAL COMMANDER - C7 Corvette ZR1

Quick Reply: PEDAL COMMANDER - C7 Corvette ZR1