C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Manual ZR1 Stage 3X Katech Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 05:26 AM
Quiky One
Pro

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by ernhart333
Hello and hope you all are doing well and staying healthy during this crazy time.
Well we finally had a decent day here in PA the past weekend so I was able to get about 40ish miles on the car.
As I mentioned on one of the other threads, I was not real happy with the tune. The car was surging, bucking and the off idle and low speed drive-ability was really bad. So a few weeks back, the tuner from Katech met up with me to do some tweaking to the tune. (their tuner is a super nice guy and answered all my questions) No wide band was used (not sure if this is normal??) just tweaking with his laptop. He spent an hour or so making changes and driving around the block until he felt it was as good as he could get it.

The off idle and low speed drive-ability is defiantly much better and the car is so much more fun to drive. I can still "feel and hear" some surging out the exhaust when at a steady cruise but it is way better than it was. Sorta feels like a lean surge I have felt before on my naturally aspirated cars when they were running lean and needed to be jetted up. So although the tune is much better, it still does not seem exactly right to me, but the tuner and the folks at Katech assures me the tune is good, drive the car and to not mess with it.

We got another nice weekend coming up so looking forward to more driving and getting used to the added power of this beast!
i’ll be glad to send you my HP tuners box so you can do some data logs and email them over to me. I’ll even send you the wideband sensor. Just as long as you promise to send it back!

Glad you’re enjoying the car!

Quick Reply: Manual ZR1 Stage 3X Katech Build