Sponsored By: Ciocca Corvette

Koons of Tysons Chevy C8 at MSRP available

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2023, 09:07 AM
KoonsTysonsChevy
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Hello all.

The MSRP deal is for factory orders only. In stock does not count. So anything you see in stock, does not count towards the MSRP deal. I can not speak for management on what they choose to sell the in stock for, but I can speak that the deal we are offering is to help those get a custom order C8 at MSRP without having to pay an arm and a leg.

As far as the 899 processing fee, that is the standard processing fee here in NOVA. We are actually one of the cheapest in the area outside of MD.
The following users liked this post:
JerriVette (10-28-2023)
Old 09-18-2023, 11:26 AM
KoonsTysonsChevy

Hello all,

Currently we only have 3 more left available at the MSRP deal. Please email builds to koonsgroupbuy@koons.com

We will be putting these orders in within the week or so. So if you are still waiting, now is the time to get in.
Old 09-18-2023, 11:30 AM
AustinMartin
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by KoonsTysonsChevy
Hello all.

The MSRP deal is for factory orders only. In stock does not count. So anything you see in stock, does not count towards the MSRP deal. I can not speak for management on what they choose to sell the in stock for, but I can speak that the deal we are offering is to help those get a custom order C8 at MSRP without having to pay an arm and a leg.

As far as the 899 processing fee, that is the standard processing fee here in NOVA. We are actually one of the cheapest in the area outside of MD.
I don't think that anyone is disputing that you "can" charge this fee. It's the lie of saying that you are selling at msrp that is the issue.

https://vada.com/wp-content/uploads/...ee_Trifold.pdf

"Are dealerships required to charge a processing fee?

No. Virginia law allows dealers to charge a processing fee, but it does not require them to do so.

Do all dealerships charge the same amount for their processing fee?

No. The decision to charge a processing fee is a business decision each dealership makes at its discretion"
phalse (10-14-2023)
Old 09-18-2023, 11:38 AM
KoonsTysonsChevy

Hello,

No, that is not correct. We are indeed selling our orders at MSRP plus doc fee which is exactly what other dealerships on this forum are posting. If we were not selling at MSRP and selling over MSRP, then we would have stated that. " This is deal 5000 over MSRP plus fees". However, we did not state that. We are selling our orders at MSRP plus fees (your states tax, tags, 899 processing fee). So no, there is no lie in the post as we are selling at MSPR just the same as other dealers posting on the forum.
Old 09-18-2023, 12:05 PM
hdrider1
Burning Brakes

Received 516 Likes on 265 Posts

Semantics
The following 5 users liked this post by hdrider1:
CW99 (09-20-2023), Frenchbiker (10-07-2023), phalse (10-14-2023), Tman65 (09-20-2023), VinDieselJetta (09-25-2023)
Old 09-18-2023, 12:17 PM
AustinMartin
Le Mans Master

Hello,

No, that is not correct. We are indeed selling our orders at MSRP plus doc fee which is exactly what other dealerships on this forum are posting. If we were not selling at MSRP and selling over MSRP, then we would have stated that. " This is deal 5000 over MSRP plus fees". However, we did not state that. We are selling our orders at MSRP plus fees (your states tax, tags, 899 processing fee). So no, there is no lie in the post as we are selling at MSPR just the same as other dealers posting on the forum.
Some of the dealers are selling at MSRP without any fees. Such as MacMulkan, which charges a doc fee but then lowers the price of the car so the total is msrp.

Last edited by AustinMartin; 09-18-2023 at 12:29 PM.
BarneyZ (09-19-2023)
Old 09-18-2023, 12:18 PM
KoonsTysonsChevy

Hello,

Yes, they are selling at MSRP plus their doc fee (processing fee) the same as what we are doing. And if they are lowering the price of the vehicle, that would mean they are not selling at MSRP, but selling under MSRP plus doc fee. But they are quoting MSRP plus doc fee.
Old 09-18-2023, 12:24 PM
AustinMartin
Le Mans Master

Hello,

Yes, they are selling at MSRP plus their doc fee (processing fee) the same as what we are doing. And if they are lowering the price of the vehicle, that would mean they are not selling at MSRP, but selling under MSRP plus doc fee. But they are quoting MSRP plus doc fee.
Nope, they advertise at MSRP. Which includes any doc fee.

Here's the text of an email from them:

"Your final price will be MSRP including our administrative fee of $472 for out of State deals "

lagblue (09-23-2023)
Old 09-18-2023, 07:31 PM
Rich69R
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have have had a couple of dealings with Koons in the past...and it was a so, so experience. First time...I bought a 2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye from them and they messed up a couple things but overall it was a decent transaction as dealers were scrambling to sell cars and giving huge discounts as well as the oem dodge power bucks. However when I went back to them in very early 2022 to buy a last call 2023 Dodge Challenger Super Stock...they really acted like a bunch of ******. I tried to work with Craig and he was very deceptive on the price, allocation and ultimately never followed up with me after multiple attempts. I don't trust them at all. When I finally order my corvette it will be from MacMulkin. When dealers treat repeat (as well as new) customers like crap, that really shows their true colors. Just search online and you will find similar experiences.
Old 09-18-2023, 07:35 PM
hdrider1
Burning Brakes

Received 516 Likes on 265 Posts

Nuff said.
Tman65 (09-20-2023)
Old 09-20-2023, 11:01 AM
darylincda
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

If a dealer treats a first time customer in an unfavorable fashion that to me is unacceptable.
Old 09-22-2023, 11:35 AM
direct007
Melting Slicks

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,028 Posts

lol, tough crowd. I know nothing about Koons Chevrolet in the Northern Virginia area but if this rep is offering an immediate allocation for a factory ordered C8 for MSRP + 899.00 doc fee. So be it.

That's not outrageous.

If you live in that general area it's actually less expensive than buying from MacMulkin as it would cost you more to have the car shipped to you or for a courtesy delivery fee or if you factor in the time to drive to New Hampshire and back. Every other dealer charges some type of doc fee so even if it's $200 or $500 difference...big deal.

You are buying an $80k to $100k car...if a few hundred dollars is going to make you lose your ****...you probably aren't their target customer.
The following 5 users liked this post by direct007:
bthibodeaux (09-22-2023), KoonsTysonsChevy (09-25-2023), MildBillT (10-04-2023), Sethbaja23 (09-25-2023), Vette Brian (09-28-2023)
Old 09-23-2023, 09:46 AM
SMOKN C8
Drifting

Received 1,915 Likes on 843 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Let us know when we can order a Z06 under the same deal; MSRP

OR

Let us know when your management decides they are tired of seeing the in stock Z06 rot away while they eat that floorplan interest.

The fact they are even willing to advertise at that ADM really says all one needs to know about the dealer. Sadly this is highly typical of NOVA dealerships in general.

Last edited by SMOKN C8; 09-23-2023 at 06:21 PM.
phalse (10-14-2023)
Old 09-23-2023, 09:57 AM
*89x2*
Team Owner

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,080 Posts

Lots of dealers charge dealer doc fees like what’s being suggested here. I remember when I bought my Ram, the Virginia dealer wanted $799 to walk the deal down the hall. I refused, and drew a line through that item. Dealer balked, so I walked...

I said I’d go across the bridge to Maryland where they capped their doc fees at $300. I mean, who wouldn’t drive 45 min to save several hundred dollars?

Anyways, went to lunch and by the time I was done, had one email, three phone calls, and when they called again, said they would WAIVE the fees entirely, then I was back to interested. No dealer fees.

I bought my last new vehicle from a Koons dealership. I did not pay the $899 on that one, either. As pointed out, these fees ARE not mandatory.
Old 09-23-2023, 11:51 AM
*89x2*
Team Owner

BTW, Koons Auto was sold recently ($1.2B) so they may be at the mercy now of corporate decisions:

https://www.autonews.com/dealers/asb...p-12b-megadeal
Old 09-23-2023, 02:11 PM
JCtx
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

We are selling our orders at MSRP plus fees (your states tax, tags, 899 processing fee).
That's what customers HATE about dealers. Honestly would pay WAY more dividends than insulting the intelligence of potential buyers. By the definition above, adding a $10,000 processing fee would still be considered 'MSRP', which is a ridiculous argument. A doc fee is $150. Anything above that, is added mark-up/profit, period. Even if fees are low, they're still added profit, so just stating that truthfully could have averted this fiasco. Bottom line is most folks here didn't have a problem with the $899 markup, BUT the deceiving way it was presented. Semantics matter.

Originally Posted by *89x2*
BTW, Koons Auto was sold recently ($1.2B) so they may be at the mercy now of corporate decisions
Not surprised; that's exactly what is happening everywhere, especially with higher end brands. And the worst part is those corporations are not changing the names (due to local backlash), so it's hard to know which dealers are now corporate owned. But locals can immediately tell because the change is dramatic: From customer service focus, to the bottom line only. And if you don't like it, don't let the door hit you on the back. Very few family-owned dealers left, unfortunately. So for us old timers, buying a new vehicle now is a lot more stressful experience. And not enjoyable at all anymore. Oh well.
Old 09-23-2023, 09:44 PM
IrishSpuds
Le Mans Master

Received 464 Likes on 243 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by direct007
lol, tough crowd. I know nothing about Koons Chevrolet in the Northern Virginia area but if this rep is offering an immediate allocation for a factory ordered C8 for MSRP + 899.00 doc fee. So be it.

That's not outrageous.

If you live in that general area it's actually less expensive than buying from MacMulkin as it would cost you more to have the car shipped to you or for a courtesy delivery fee or if you factor in the time to drive to New Hampshire and back. Every other dealer charges some type of doc fee so even if it's $200 or $500 difference...big deal.

You are buying an $80k to $100k car...if a few hundred dollars is going to make you lose your ****...you probably aren't their target customer.
You missed the point. . The numerous responses clearly identified sleazy sales practices that reeked. Lack of integrity should make potential customers avoid like the plague. I am purchasing from a dealer that’s hundreds of miles from my home. MacMulkin. I don’t care if they are in Los Angeles. Reputation is everything. Koons have enough negative energy here alone to not consider. I can only imagine the feedback if one were to cast a broader net. Folks apparently have factual data and for that readers are appreciative. I am.

Get notified of new replies

To Koons of Tysons Chevy C8 at MSRP available

Old 09-23-2023, 10:12 PM
IrishSpuds
Le Mans Master

Just went online. The facts scream loudly - DEALER IS A RIP OFF. Massive ADM on SR of $25k. I wouldn’t buy a wiper blade from these people. If I were them I would hide rather than peddle such egregious theft on a well known forum. How on earth can that even be close to MSRP?

Craig, would be delighted to hear you explain this !
? Please let us know how a $25,000 markup and a $899’processing fee’ equates to MSRP?

In what world?

What are we missing here?
Old 09-23-2023, 10:40 PM
*89x2*
Team Owner

Originally Posted by IrishSpuds
Just went online. The facts scream loudly - DEALER IS A RIP OFF. Massive ADM on SR of $25k. I wouldn’t buy a wiper blade from these people. If I were them I would hide rather than peddle such egregious theft on a well known forum. How on earth can that even be close to MSRP?

Craig, would be delighted to hear you explain this !
? Please let us know how a $25,000 markup and a $899’processing fee’ equates to MSRP?

In what world?

What are we missing here?

I think what he’s said, is on a new factory order, he will sell for MSRP + the dealer doc fee.

Now, if they order the car for dealer stock, it would be expected, based upon what you see on their website, that ADM will be added upon arrival. It would be a different offer at that point, selling what’s available, on the ground.

Now, for as far back as I recall on Corvettes, this dealer has asked for ADM. don’t blame them, as their zip code is such, they probably get it from most. Look up wealth across the USA. Tyson’s Corner is in the midst of it.

That said, if I were a buyer - and I am not... I’d offer to buy it without the dealer doc fees. They will probably claim if they charged one person, they have to charge all... Fine, then reduce the cost of the car below MSRP to factor that.

Bottom line though, just about all dealers charge - or ask for doc fees. Used to be under $200 in the area, but out of control now...
Old 09-23-2023, 10:59 PM
IrishSpuds
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by *89x2*
I think what he’s said, is on a new factory order, he will sell for MSRP + the dealer doc fee.

Now, if they order the car for dealer stock, it would be expected, based upon what you see on their website, that ADM will be added upon arrival. It would be a different offer at that point, selling what’s available, on the ground.

Now, for as far back as I recall on Corvettes, this dealer has asked for ADM. don’t blame them, as their zip code is such, they probably get it from most. Look up wealth across the USA. Tyson’s Corner is in the midst of it.

That said, if I were a buyer - and I am not... I’d offer to buy it without the dealer doc fees. They will probably claim if they charged one person, they have to charge all... Fine, then reduce the cost of the car below MSRP to factor that.

Bottom line though, just about all dealers charge - or ask for doc fees. Used to be under $200 in the area, but out of control now...
Appreciate the clarification. I still don’t get how they can now in good conscience ask for mark ups of $15 - $100k. But, as others have said if you don’t like the price, move on. It just seems short sighted. Anyway I think I have flogged this horse!

Quick Reply: Koons of Tysons Chevy C8 at MSRP available