EV Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2022, 09:10 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 3,015 Likes on 1,416 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNZR
You are correct.
This separate the true investors from the pretenders. The EV haters will look for every angle to support their views regardless.
If investing were just that easy, no one would need a boss and Berkshire Hathaway / Warren Buffett and other Investment Firms ceases to exist.
No one needs those investment firms. Very few firms outperform the S&P 500 index.
Old 05-28-2022, 11:10 PM
CDNZR
Drifting

Received 409 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael A
No one needs those investment firms. Very few firms outperform the S&P 500 index.
Please lighten us with your wealth of knowledge with investment on why NVIDIA dropped 10% after their latest Q release? Maybe they announced that they are supplying chips for EV and their investors sour on that idea??

"Revenue shot up 46% to reach $8.29 billion, crushing estimates for $8.10 billion. Data center revenue is up an insane 83%, as more and more Big Data companies use Nvidia’s chips to run their server farms, corporate hubs and … umm … everywhere else you store data.

Earnings weren’t too shabby either, coming in at $1.36 per share and topping expectations for $1.29 per share. Not to mention, Nvidia’s gross margins were a healthy 67% last quarter.

Translation? Nvidia’s making bank, even with the rising costs of … well, everything." - Banyanhill
Old 05-28-2022, 11:41 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by CDNZR
Please lighten us with your wealth of knowledge with investment on why NVIDIA dropped 10% after their latest Q release? Maybe they announced that they are supplying chips for EV and their investors sour on that idea??

"Revenue shot up 46% to reach $8.29 billion, crushing estimates for $8.10 billion. Data center revenue is up an insane 83%, as more and more Big Data companies use Nvidia’s chips to run their server farms, corporate hubs and … umm … everywhere else you store data.

Earnings weren’t too shabby either, coming in at $1.36 per share and topping expectations for $1.29 per share. Not to mention, Nvidia’s gross margins were a healthy 67% last quarter.

Translation? Nvidia’s making bank, even with the rising costs of … well, everything." - Banyanhill
This doesn't have anything to do with the conversation at all. Take it to the "Off Topic" forum.
Old 05-29-2022, 10:54 AM
PacerX
Burning Brakes

Received 367 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
The horse vs car argument is the most unintelligent when it comes to EV vs ICE. They didn't change the horse's feed from hay to synthetic hay, they replaced the horse entirely....that would equate to replacing vehicles with something else that transports people more efficiently, not changing the energy source.

True. Steam trains vs. diesel electric is a better comparison.

How'd that work out for steam?
Old 05-29-2022, 11:49 AM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,394 Likes on 2,079 Posts

Originally Posted by PacerX
True. Steam trains vs. diesel electric is a better comparison.

How'd that work out for steam?
There were no government subsidies or regulations that forced the transition that occurred over a decades, after several different fuels were used to power steam locomotives. The conversion depended on the environment of a particular route. There are still steam locomotives operating today.

Tell us what fuels a diesel electric locomotive? It is it batteries? No.
The following 2 users liked this post by Racer X:
Michael A (05-29-2022), NW-99SS (05-30-2022)
Old 05-29-2022, 06:01 PM
CDNZR
Drifting

Received 409 Likes on 256 Posts

This doesn't have anything to do with the conversation at all. Take it to the "Off Topic" forum.
Agreed.
But you were the one that start throwing numbers that has nothing to do with EV Corvette originally. Btw, majority of the car makers had experienced the similar set back with their stocks recently. Is an industry wide market correction in the current economic condition.
Lol..I am done.

"The Dow has gone down 12.7% since the beginning of the year.

GM stock has gone down by 42.4% since the beginning of the year. Ford is down 43.0% and Tesla down 47.6%.

Doesn't look like these big EV plans are resonating with investors"

Last edited by CDNZR; 05-30-2022 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-30-2022, 03:09 PM
gowenfast
Le Mans Master

Received 825 Likes on 431 Posts
Finalist 2022 C1 of the Year - Unmodified
2021 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 C1 of the Year - Unmodified
2018 C1 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '21

Originally Posted by Warp Ten
I will never buy a 2 seat all electric sports car from any car company, no matter what the price is.
Ditto
The following users liked this post:
Warp Ten (06-02-2022)
Old 05-30-2022, 06:33 PM
Kodiak Bear
Drifting

Received 716 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by gowenfast
Ditto
Never say never

The worst predictor of future action is a statement made "now" about what a person will do "then".

The best predictor is past actions in a SIMILAR situation providing the person sees it as a similar situation.
Old 05-30-2022, 06:50 PM
gowenfast
Le Mans Master

2018 C1 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '21

Originally Posted by Kodiak Bear
Never say never

The worst predictor of future action is a statement made "now" about what a person will do "then".

The best predictor is past actions in a SIMILAR situation providing the person sees it as a similar situation.
I hear you, but for me, never is definitely never for a non ICE vehicle.
Old 05-30-2022, 11:07 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

We might not be able to predict the future, but after the last year and a half, we can see where the future may be headed.

Why would I want a car that some quack in Biden's HLS Disinformation Governance Board can with a click of the mouse shut down all energy to it, along with the rest of my life? I've seen things in the last year and a half that I never would have thought I would see.
The following 2 users liked this post by Michael A:
C7Me (05-31-2022), NW-99SS (05-31-2022)
Old 05-31-2022, 09:30 AM
gowenfast
Le Mans Master

2018 C1 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '21

We might not be able to predict the future, but after the last year and a half, we can see where the future may be headed.

Why would I want a car that some quack in Biden's HLS Disinformation Governance Board can with a click of the mouse shut down all energy to it, along with the rest of my life? I've seen things in the last year and a half that I never would have thought I would see.
I totally agree. It seems all sanity/reason has gone right out the window. If the rampant voter fraud isn't under control at the Mid-Terms, we are screwed as a country, and I fear that there is no way back.
The following 3 users liked this post by gowenfast:
C7Me (05-31-2022), Michael A (05-31-2022), Paws (05-31-2022)
Old 05-31-2022, 10:37 AM
msm859
Melting Slicks

Received 999 Likes on 577 Posts

Let's try to keep the politics out of this thread.
smoove7410 (05-31-2022)
Old 05-31-2022, 11:13 AM
Kodiak Bear
Drifting

Received 716 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by msm859
Let's try to keep the politics out of this thread.
lots of luck with that wish
msm859 (05-31-2022)
Old 06-02-2022, 09:04 AM
Warp Ten
Drifting

Received 598 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by lostsoul
EVEN IF:

1) They make lighter, faster, longer lasting batteries?
2) Get the cost average to ICE?
3) Fill up at home for allot cheaper then gas(minus the swamps complete manipulation)
4) Much less maintenance costs to ICE (electric motors lasting longer then engines)

Its difficult people and as I said before I get the hate and how unfair this stuff was pushed, but tech is getting much better to just write it all off. Yes, the car will lose some of the special feelings, but you have that already with no manual options and even steering which why so many like the Lotus. Get an older car you like and have something of the future that reliable at if they can meet this list I have up there soon the better we will be. The E-Ray is a step to that but is the perfect mix of both worlds.. It like the Z06 will be special. I cant wait.. The feeling from a high powered AWD launch gives me goose bumps. Driving safe at 90mph in the rain excites me..lol

Soon my friends...

Nope .. Never. I won't be able to drive in 15 years, I'll be 85.. So nope never. By then .. the government will give you a EV, will not let you purchase a used ICE car, just to be sure all ICE cars are retired.
Old 06-02-2022, 11:11 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

The following 2 users liked this post by Michael A:
Paws (06-05-2022), smoove7410 (06-03-2022)
Old 06-02-2022, 11:52 PM
msm859
Melting Slicks

Yep at first glance they all look bad. Of course I would need to know more before I pass final judgment. However, obvious first thought, the tar sands are being used to create oil that will be burned adding more CO2 to the planet. At least the other 3 are being used to create batteries for clean energy. Not too long ago I remember a world wide experiment March/April 2020 when everyone decided not to drive ICE vehicles the Skys were blue, far away mountains could once again be seen. Sounds like a good goal to me.
Old 06-03-2022, 09:04 AM
gowenfast
Le Mans Master

2018 C1 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '21

Originally Posted by msm859
Yep at first glance they all look bad. Of course I would need to know more before I pass final judgment. However, obvious first thought, the tar sands are being used to create oil that will be burned adding more CO2 to the planet. At least the other 3 are being used to create batteries for clean energy. Not too long ago I remember a world wide experiment March/April 2020 when everyone decided not to drive ICE vehicles the Skys were blue, far away mountains could once again be seen. Sounds like a good goal to me.
Have you been smokin' dope?
Michael A (06-03-2022)

Get notified of new replies

To EV Corvette

Old 06-03-2022, 10:46 AM
msm859
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by gowenfast
Have you been smokin' dope?
Nope. Actually I have never been stoned.
Old 06-03-2022, 03:13 PM
PacerX
Burning Brakes

Received 367 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer X
There were no government subsidies or regulations that forced the transition that occurred over a decades, after several different fuels were used to power steam locomotives. The conversion depended on the environment of a particular route.

Your history sucks.

Steam was actually subsidized. Because of the needs of the country during WW2, locomotive production was monitored very closely, a fact that caused steam to hang on even longer than it should have. Everything that could pull a train car was dusted off, bailing wired back together and put on the rails... i.e. steam engines.

And right after the war D/E killed it dead, right quick.

There are still steam locomotives operating today.
As rolling museum pieces, freaking sideshow attractions and nostalgia excursion services.

That's it.

There are still horse drawn buggys too.

Care to place a bet on what powered the locomotive that dragged the raw materials for your last package of Depends to the factory?

Tell us what fuels a diesel electric locomotive? It is it batteries? No.
It ain't coal. Which powered most steam, which is dead, dead, dead.

Just like gas ICE for passenger cars will be, sooner than you think.

Diesel will hang on a bit longer for heavy duty stuff.
Old 06-03-2022, 09:43 PM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,394 Likes on 2,079 Posts

Originally Posted by PacerX
Your history sucks.

Steam was actually subsidized. Because of the needs of the country during WW2, locomotive production was monitored very closely, a fact that caused steam to hang on even longer than it should have. Everything that could pull a train car was dusted off, bailing wired back together and put on the rails... i.e. steam engines.

And right after the war D/E killed it dead, right quick.

As rolling museum pieces, freaking sideshow attractions and nostalgia excursion services.

That's it.

There are still horse drawn buggys too.

Care to place a bet on what powered the locomotive that dragged the raw materials for your last package of Depends to the factory?

It ain't coal. Which powered most steam, which is dead, dead, dead.

Just like gas ICE for passenger cars will be, sooner than you think.

Diesel will hang on a bit longer for heavy duty stuff.
Did diesel electrics need subsidies from the government to be adopted? No because the were superior for our uses and resources. Some countries still use steam because of their resources and uses.

If electric is superior the market will move there at an appropriate pace. The government is rarely efficient.
Michael A (06-03-2022)

Quick Reply: EV Corvette