Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Vibe Motorsports

E Ray Deposits

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2022, 09:24 PM
VER
Drifting

Received 1,735 Likes on 741 Posts

Oh I was made to believe I was an idiot for thinking that's how it's working lol
Old 07-18-2022, 09:34 PM
twoweeled
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 48 Posts

Judging by the price of the Z06, there could be a lot people falling off the list. That's sorta good news. Let's see when these cars actually start coming out.
Old 07-19-2022, 11:28 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,156 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by 08Indy
That is correct. There is only a contact list, The plan is to send a mass email to everyone that is on the contact list for a ERay when they are ready to accept deposits and then it is first come first severed!

I was extremely disappointed at this, but that is how they are going to do it!
With all due respect, MM does indeed knows whom contacted them first due to dating of emails. I am not believing for a second that MM has no record of whom contacted when. As it goes back to the OP's Post #1, I agree that it is very disappointing that MM does not intend to reward those on the contact list the longest as they know whom they are. MM is just taking the lazy way out by just blitzing everyone on their contact list at the same time that might be hundreds long with an email and causing a mad scramble to reply back to MM. My earlier post was just a suggestion to bring some sanity to the process and reward those whom expressed interest at the earliest dates. And I have ordered directly from Tommy Jr on the last two Z cars. As to what I am suggesting, I would probably be at the end of a dated list. LOL I am just hoping Tommy sees this posting topic and changes their mind to what they have stated they will do.
Old 07-19-2022, 11:43 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Originally Posted by VER
Oh I was made to believe I was an idiot for thinking that's how it's working lol
I perfectly understand what MM is stating that they will do from Post #1 weeks ago. I am disappointed by that process and I am just suggesting that they could do otherwise. You seemingly continue to suggest that MM has no record of when they received messages of interest. I perfectly understand that their stated intend is to disregard any chronological order for those whom contacted them first many months in favor of blitzing everyone on the contact list at once with "equal opportunity" to see whom sees their email first and causing chaos in the process. Bad and disappointing plan as noted by the OP and others. I would have hoped for better from MM. I was on Ken Fichtner's contact list for the 2006 C6 Z06 an entire 1-1/2 years prior to the model even went into production.
Old 07-19-2022, 03:02 PM
St!ngray
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 253 Likes on 164 Posts

I agree with you as is very disappointing the way MM is treating the ERAY contact list. The sales person at the time I did it, told me you are #44 although the number is just chronological and not a place. Then at the same time I put a deposit for a C8 hoping the ERAY would be announce this year and then I could move the deposit. That was also shut down by MM so got my deposit back. Extremely disappointed, since the announcement was made by GM, so I thought a transfer of the deposit would be honor.
The following users liked this post:
GOLD72 (07-19-2022)
Old 07-19-2022, 04:45 PM
GOLD72
Race Director

I guess at some point, MM could have lost control of their contact list and either deliberately or inadvertently lost the order of contact and/or contact date and now they have thrown their hands up for their announced plan. I would have thought all of those emails from interested customers would have gone into a dedicated email folder or archive. If the emails were instead deleted and names and email addresses transferred to a separate spreadsheet, then order and/or date could have been lost. This may all have happened after your #44 position was noted. Disappointing without doubt!!
Old 07-19-2022, 07:35 PM
Schuee
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Well this is a pisser. While a lot of people were scrambling for a Z. I too thought I got ahead of the curve being on the contact list for this variant. I was told it was not a official list but you would be contacted based upon when (date) you expressed a interest. Yeah loosely worded but there seemed to be some form of organization. Silly me. Now it appears this could be a free for all. Only good news is i understand this variant will be produced in larger number than the Z so if you don't have FOMO syndrome than you should be able to get one quicker than a Z (only a 3 to 5 yr wait). Maybe same the same time frame as a SR. Is that 12 months?
GOLD72 (07-20-2022)
Old 08-04-2022, 12:17 PM
NA Screamer
Pro

Received 375 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Midlifegoals
Furman told me in December 2021 that he was creating time stamped folders for E-Rays. No deposits at that time. I’m not sure if he paused the creation of those folders or not.
Has anyone who started an ERay folder with Mike been able to get any information as to how many people he has started a folder on?
Old 08-04-2022, 01:53 PM
lostsoul
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 944 Likes on 558 Posts

There are some lists out there but no bought now many are not going to commit to ****.. 3 years of this drama going on. Some of us have paid a deposit and got on a list a year ago.. even with being told nothing over MSRP, I still have doubts they will uphold it..

IF they don't I will blame and expect MSM to make up my difference since he referred me
msm859 (08-04-2022)
Old 08-04-2022, 10:26 PM
Midlifegoals
Instructor

Received 150 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by NA Screamer
Has anyone who started an ERay folder with Mike been able to get any information as to how many people he has started a folder on?
Not that I have read, and I would imagine we may never know. I know he was glad to start a folder for me on December 3rd last year, and I’m sure I was far from “early”. Heck, I’d be surprised if I got a first model year of the ERay, honestly.
Old 08-06-2022, 06:09 PM
jjsaustin
Pro

Received 461 Likes on 206 Posts

That's funny that they are handling the Eray list different than the Z06 list. Sounds like it will be a free for all like Ciocca Z06 reservation process was.

Between the Ciocca chaos (and all the bitching and complaining from people on the wire transfers timestamp) and the non event going the MacMulkin, you would have thought that MacMulkin handled the reservation process better.

Oh well, I guess we will see how it goes 😀
Old 08-06-2022, 07:05 PM
Corvettemac
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Paws
Interesting take on your experience……

There NEVER was a “list,” so you couldn’t have been on it for a year.

MacMulkin made that patently clear from the get go.

Seems like your wishful thinking got the better of you.

I’ve been on the contact notification longer than you.
I’ve never assumed it gave me higher priority.

I inquired early on about that and accepted the method they chose to follow
same here and well said ..
Jerray (08-07-2022)
Old 08-06-2022, 09:43 PM
kevinprimetime
Racer

Received 367 Likes on 181 Posts

On 2 lists
Old 08-10-2022, 08:53 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 2,020 Likes on 1,162 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
I contacted Jim Ellis today and they told me they already have 85 deposits for the ERay. This means probably a year worth of orders given their volume. Not sure if I should bother with them. Who has a short list?
wow and I thought a year ago when I got on their list and was number 11 it was deep!
Old 09-06-2022, 11:22 AM
Mr DJ
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts

Ladies N Gents,

If any of you are still searching for an E-Ray list from a salesperson that will communicate with you, hit up my salesman: Joey Ryall of Criswell at jryall@criswellauto.com

I know EXACTLY what number I am on the list and I can prove it; Joey and I converse live for you right here (Mid 2020):

Last edited by Mr DJ; 09-06-2022 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-06-2022, 02:23 PM
Paws
Burning Brakes

Received 509 Likes on 241 Posts

Yeah right !!
The TOP SELLER at Criswell, Mike Furman, can't tell you, but your guy can ?

NOT buying it.
Old 09-06-2022, 02:25 PM
twoweeled
Racer

I was wondering the exact same thing.

Get notified of new replies

To E Ray Deposits

Old 09-06-2022, 02:26 PM
Mr DJ
Instructor

Originally Posted by Paws
Yeah right !!
The TOP SELLER at Criswell, Mike Furman, can't tell you, but your guy can ?

NOT buying it.
Not here to argue with anyone; just trying to help. YOU can believe what you will.😁
twoweeled (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 02:31 PM
twoweeled
Racer

I get it. No reason why it can't happen. At least, no reason I know of. I'm handicapped in this area.
Mr DJ (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 02:35 PM
Mr DJ
Instructor

When you walk into a showroom, chances are there are more than ONE salesperson. Each salesperson has their own style of doing business--no more need to be said...

Quick Reply: E Ray Deposits