Sponsored by: Vibe Motorsports

E Ray Deposits

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2022, 04:09 PM
Paws
Burning Brakes

Received 509 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr DJ
Not here to argue with anyone; just trying to help. YOU can believe what you will.😁
I will.

CLEARLY, YOU have NO IDEA who Mike Furman is.
‘Without Mike, Criswell would be a minor player in the Corvette sales hierarchy.
Old 11-21-2022, 01:16 PM
frankjr
Burning Brakes

Received 702 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by GOLD72
The list MM has at this time is solely a contact list for those that have expressed an interest to MM for future contact if and when GM actually unveils the car!! No deposit required at this time to be on this non-committal contact list. The list has nothing to do with an actual order list. I am on that “contact list”. You apparently did not read Post 1 very closely by the OP.
Contacted MacMulkin and as of today still a list of interest and will notify when they start to take deposits.
The following 2 users liked this post by frankjr:
GOLD72 (11-25-2022), Schuee (11-21-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 07:10 PM
pksjc
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 95 Posts

MM used to allow you to put a deposit down to hold your place in line so when the car is announced, they will call the people on the list to see if they're still interested and being early on the list meant you had a good shot at getting the car early.

They stopped doing that and I've asked multiple times if I could put a deposit against my name on the E-Ray list and the answer is No. So they will probably call the people on the list in the order they deem fit.

Old 11-23-2022, 08:36 PM
Lefty32
Racer

Received 107 Likes on 69 Posts

It just seems odd that they wouldn't open another wait list with deposit for the E-ray. A dealership needs lots of capital for their inventory (of non-C8s) and we are extremely willing to put down deposits at 10% LESS interest than a bank would charge for a line of credit. They know how to handle other lists and deposits and are doing so now. What am I missing?
Old 11-23-2022, 09:33 PM
pksjc
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Lefty32
It just seems odd that they wouldn't open another wait list with deposit for the E-ray. A dealership needs lots of capital for their inventory (of non-C8s) and we are extremely willing to put down deposits at 10% LESS interest than a bank would charge for a line of credit. They know how to handle other lists and deposits and are doing so now. What am I missing?
This is just my opinion, but this way, they can give the allocations to whomever they want and in any order and they can bring in cars under the dealership and put a markup on it if it's sitting in the show room.
Old 01-28-2023, 04:35 PM
Raj1981
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by GOLD72
With all due respect, MM does indeed knows whom contacted them first due to dating of emails. I am not believing for a second that MM has no record of whom contacted when. As it goes back to the OP's Post #1, I agree that it is very disappointing that MM does not intend to reward those on the contact list the longest as they know whom they are. MM is just taking the lazy way out by just blitzing everyone on their contact list at the same time that might be hundreds long with an email and causing a mad scramble to reply back to MM. My earlier post was just a suggestion to bring some sanity to the process and reward those whom expressed interest at the earliest dates. And I have ordered directly from Tommy Jr on the last two Z cars. As to what I am suggesting, I would probably be at the end of a dated list. LOL I am just hoping Tommy sees this posting topic and changes their mind to what they have stated they will do.
for thanks giving sale would bestbuy note down all people inquired and then let them shop in that order ? It’ all depends on who stands in the queue on or before the thanks giving day. Same way MM will send the email. If You want to be on top of the list You need to wait in the queue probably from previous night. I am in their contact list for almost 2 years. I will be mailing my deposit , so I guess I will be 1000+ in the waiting list. I don’t regret it as the customers who are standing in the queue overnight deserves to be on top of the list than me just giving one phone call.

Old 01-28-2023, 04:50 PM
Red5 C8
Racer

Received 224 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Raj1981
for thanks giving sale would bestbuy note down all people inquired and then let them shop in that order ? It’ all depends on who stands in the queue on or before the thanks giving day. Same way MM will send the email. If You want to be on top of the list You need to wait in the queue probably from previous night. I am in their contact list for almost 2 years. I will be mailing my deposit , so I guess I will be 1000+ in the waiting list. I don’t regret it as the customers who are standing in the queue overnight deserves to be on top of the list than me just giving one phone call.
If someone waits the night or even early that morning they deserve the car more than me, but I wouldn’t mind if there were a blizzard or snowstorm to discourage some folks.
The following 2 users liked this post by Red5 C8:
Raj1981 (01-28-2023), Schuee (01-28-2023)
Old 01-28-2023, 05:33 PM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,156 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by LADave
If someone waits the night or even early that morning they deserve the car more than me, but I wouldn’t mind if there were a blizzard or snowstorm to discourage some folks.
Will be 14F that night. And if they choose to sleep the night in a running car in a parking lot nearby (lots of car dealerships around MM), I hope they don’t get CO poisoning from a leaky exhaust. Something those planning on being there better be thinking about.
Old 01-28-2023, 05:49 PM
Schuee
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Raj1981
Got that. I only live 2hrs away but since I am not a FOMOer or flipper nor do I need the car now cause my age clock is not ticking away, I have no desire to stand in 14 degree temperatures to put a deposit down on 100k car. If I get the call at the end of 24 or 25 so be it. Who knows maybe there will be reasons not to purchase it when my number shows. It is just a car/ toy. Good luck to those that "need" it now. Stay warm.
The following 3 users liked this post by Schuee:
Bird67 (01-28-2023), msm859 (01-28-2023), tooold2race (01-29-2023)
Old 01-28-2023, 07:29 PM
Bird67
Melting Slicks

Received 3,293 Likes on 1,505 Posts

Originally Posted by Schuee
Got that. I only live 2hrs away but since I am not a FOMOer or flipper nor do I need the car now cause my age clock is not ticking away, I have no desire to stand in 14 degree temperatures to put a deposit down on 100k car. If I get the call at the end of 24 or 25 so be it. Who knows maybe there will be reasons not to purchase it when my number shows. It is just a car/ toy. Good luck to those that "need" it now. Stay warm.
But it’s new! it’s shiny! Everyone is talking about it! Someone, please, take my money! I HAVE TO HAVE IT RFN!!

On second thought, meh. I like my 22 Stingray a whole lot.
The following users liked this post:
Schuee (01-28-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 05:28 PM
Redc8z06
Melting Slicks

Received 1,593 Likes on 871 Posts

Originally Posted by LADave
I live a mile away I'll be driving by selling coffee that night for $10 a cup.
The following 4 users liked this post by Redc8z06:
COSMObudman (01-30-2023), g5harlan (01-31-2023), kevinprimetime (01-31-2023), Raj1981 (01-30-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 12:04 AM
St!ngray
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 253 Likes on 164 Posts

What would be good to know is how many people are pre registering on the 31st 7-9pm this at least will give any one thinking of mailing if it is worth.it. If MM really only gets 500 people to really show up those mailing in would have chance to get an E-RAY on 2024. The E-RAY is just a regular C8 with electric motor, battery pack and software, it is NOT a hand build LT6 engine like the Z06. GM should be able to produce lots of E-RAY.
The following users liked this post:
Young_Z06 (01-31-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 04:00 PM
aquake
Instructor

Received 152 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by St!ngray
What would be good to know is how many people are pre registering on the 31st 7-9pm this at least will give any one thinking of mailing if it is worth.it. If MM really only gets 500 people to really show up those mailing in would have chance to get an E-RAY on 2024. The E-RAY is just a regular C8 with electric motor, battery pack and software, it is NOT a hand build LT6 engine like the Z06. GM should be able to produce lots of E-RAY.
If I had to wager based on there being 60 people there around 3:15. I would roughly estimate another 40ish showing up relatively early, then another 100ish afterwork/just before 7pm people would get us to around 200. I wouldn't expect many more people tomorrow other than that so let's say another 50 to get us to 250 total walk ins before mail.
Old 02-03-2023, 06:43 PM
C8R-Owner
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I gave a $1,000 deposit for the eRay the same day I bought my C8R last January. I thought I'd be in the top 10...nope, I'm in the top 100 though at LesStanford
Old 02-04-2023, 04:28 PM
g5harlan
Heel & Toe

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Your ahead of me at LesStanford at 186.

Quick Reply: E Ray Deposits