Sponsored by: Vibe Motorsports

E Ray?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2022, 07:31 PM
CDNZR
Drifting

Received 409 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by MSG C5
I didn't write that I was excited about having less control of my vehicle, rather I'm excited about the performance capabilities. I've been in a few of the new Teslas and their 0-60 performance in neck-breaking, however it's only after this type of performance is combined with top-end performance and wrapped in a Corvette design, will I take a serious look. I ordered my 2019 C7 Z06/Z07 in 2018 after GM announced the C8 would not have a manual transmission. Like you, I enjoy driving a manual transmission sports car because to me it's not about 0-60, or roll racing, or even track performance. I simply enjoy rowing the gears and it adds to my driving experience whether I'm all out on a track or 0-45 MPH running errands. The car is a blast to drive and because my order was near the end of the C7Z production run, GM even threw in a few C7 ZR1 parts to make it even better. I'm not sure what the future holds, however right now I plan to keep my C7Z and my C5 convertible, (pics below) as long as I'm above ground regardless if I add a C8 or C9 EV Corvette.

Point is, this is just another pivotal moment in time in the evolution of the personal automobile. We also gave up control when the industry introduced traction control, ABS, etc. so I guess we need to weigh the benefits against the loss of and/or reduced driver operation.

Beautiful cars. Nice rims on both cars. IMHO, the C7 with the wide body looks so much better then the narrow body SR.
The following users liked this post:
MSG C5 (10-28-2022)

Quick Reply: E Ray?