C8 ERay/Hybrid/EV Discussion ERay/Hybrid/EV Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Vibe Motorsports

Can an E-Ray still be ordered/waiting listed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2023, 11:13 PM
AvantGarde
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Can an E-Ray still be ordered/waiting listed?

I’m in Austin TX. Went to one dealer he said $25k to get in the line (edit 5/26) - $1K to get in line to pay $25K over MSRP. At another the guy told me there was a 10 year waiting list.

is there some pathway to having a shot at getting one this year? I may be out of the loop and forgive if this is the wrong sub forum.

(Edited above, I misstated the $25K over msrp)

Last edited by AvantGarde; 05-26-2023 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-26-2023, 12:34 AM
Jridden
Burning Brakes

Received 609 Likes on 389 Posts

Give MacMulkin a call.

https://www.macmulkin.net/Corvette-E-Ray
Old 05-26-2023, 07:58 AM
Midlifegoals
Instructor

Received 150 Likes on 75 Posts

Don’t pay to be on a waitlist. It’s probably unlikely you’ll get a 2024 at MSRP, but jump on a list now and hang on tight.
Old 05-26-2023, 09:11 AM
Joe’s Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by AvantGarde
I’m in Austin TX. Went to one dealer he said $25k to get in the line. At another the guy told me there was a 10 year waiting list.

is there some pathway to having a shot at getting one this year? I may be out of the loop and forgive if this is the wrong sub forum.
10 year waiting list. are you kidding me?
Old 05-26-2023, 09:14 AM
AvantGarde
5th Gear

Originally Posted by 23 Blue Mako SWFL
10 year waiting list. are you kidding me?
He said it, and repeated himself a couple times (was incredulous myself). Oh, and the show-room was completely bare, and when I asked: "chip shortage" (though there were cars outside).. And he didn't try to sell me anything else, not even the Corvette I saw outside on the way in.

This really happened. That said, whatever reason could have caused all this, including some pretty out-there reasons from TV series plots, I figured getting back in my car and going back to work was the optimal course of action.
The following users liked this post:
Joe’s Z06 (05-26-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 10:04 AM
Mr DJ
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts

Give my salesman a call/email: Joey Ryall at Criswell; no 25K BS down to get on their list. I paid $1K in 2020 and I believe their list is still open.

jryall@criswellauto.com
301-212-4434
301-509-2855
The following 2 users liked this post by Mr DJ:
g5harlan (05-27-2023), JerriVette (07-23-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 10:30 AM
AvantGarde
5th Gear

I misstated above - at the dealer I visited, it was $1K to get on the list to pay $25K over MSRP when the car came.
Old 05-26-2023, 11:14 AM
Mr DJ
Instructor

Paying $25K over MSRP is even worse. Zero (0) ADM at Criswell... ZERO! Give Joey a call...
The following 2 users liked this post by Mr DJ:
g5harlan (05-27-2023), JerriVette (06-15-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 02:01 PM
imaposer
Pro

Received 441 Likes on 216 Posts

I'm late to the party as well as I was perfectly happy with my base C8. Right up until I totaled it 2 weeks ago. It looks like the base model market is softening quickly. First 2 local dealers told me they still have a year - two year wait, but macmulkin says 4-6 months, and after expanding my search around home, I found 2 dealers who say either June or July for an msrp allocation. Since any of those options still had me getting a replacement fairly close to the end of ohio corvette weather, I figure I might as well wait and just get on a list for spring delivery, and see if there's any chance I can get an Eray allocation that would get me one by then. So far, I'm not seeing it. One of my local dealers says they're already on a couple year wait, macmulkin is probably 3 years, and a few other msrp base model dealers are saying there will be an ADM for the Eray, they just don't know how much yet. I'll keep calling and looking in the hopes I can find one, but don't hold out much hope unless I get lucky when Ciocca finally starts taking orders. Good luck in the hunt.
Old 05-26-2023, 02:04 PM
imaposer
Pro

Originally Posted by AvantGarde
He said it, and repeated himself a couple times (was incredulous myself). Oh, and the show-room was completely bare, and when I asked: "chip shortage" (though there were cars outside).. And he didn't try to sell me anything else, not even the Corvette I saw outside on the way in.

This really happened. That said, whatever reason could have caused all this, including some pretty out-there reasons from TV series plots, I figured getting back in my car and going back to work was the optimal course of action.
Some dealers are just loony. I had one tell me they aren't taking deposits for the Eray because they don't think GM will really make them. He then went on a rant about the EV Silverado and how they were told they would be on the market before the lightning and they'd still no sign of them, so the Eray is going to be the same way. I thanked him for his time and left.
Old 05-26-2023, 02:09 PM
imaposer
Pro

Originally Posted by Mr DJ
Give my salesman a call/email: Joey Ryall at Criswell; no 25K BS down to get on their list. I paid $1K in 2020 and I believe their list is still open.

jryall@criswellauto.com
301-212-4434
301-509-2855
I had a deposit for a base model at Criswell last year. I had sent my deposits to them and Macmulkin at the same time and Macmulkin delivered my car 7 months before Criswell had me an allocation. I asked if I could swap it over to an Eray and he said at that time they weren't taking Eray deposits yet. I told him to just hold on to it and I'd decide later what i was going to do. I wasn't paying attention when they started their list, and when I reached out two weeks later was told list was closed, they had years worth of deposits. I asked for my deposit back at that point.
Old 05-26-2023, 02:46 PM
Mr DJ
Instructor

Originally Posted by imaposer
I had a deposit for a base model at Criswell last year. I had sent my deposits to them and Macmulkin at the same time and Macmulkin delivered my car 7 months before Criswell had me an allocation. I asked if I could swap it over to an Eray and he said at that time they weren't taking Eray deposits yet. I told him to just hold on to it and I'd decide later what i was going to do. I wasn't paying attention when they started their list, and when I reached out two weeks later was told list was closed, they had years worth of deposits. I asked for my deposit back at that point.
Chances are you dealt with Mike Furman as most people do but you see, he's not the ONLY salesperson there. My Man, Joey talks to me every time I contact him and answers all of my question; I even know what my number is on the list, which is 37; was 38 but one dropped. Give Joey a call; I'm not sure if their list is closed or not...

ADDED: And you were not told the truth about not having an E-Ray list last year, for I got on it in 2020. Here's my proof:

Last edited by Mr DJ; 05-26-2023 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-26-2023, 05:14 PM
imaposer
Pro

Originally Posted by Mr DJ
Chances are you dealt with Mike Furman as most people do but you see, he's not the ONLY salesperson there. My Man, Joey talks to me every time I contact him and answers all of my question; I even know what my number is on the list, which is 37; was 38 but one dropped. Give Joey a call; I'm not sure if their list is closed or not...

ADDED: And you were not told the truth about not having an E-Ray list last year, for I got on it in 2020. Here's my proof:

https://youtu.be/XYqPhKiU0pQ
Yes, I did talk to Furman, if you can call the lack of communication from him as talking. I'm sure they have multiple salesmen, but they aren't all telling their customers the same things. As of last October, Mike said they're was no Eray list, and by mid January, he said the list was closed. I'm thinking it's best just to not deal with that entire dealership.
The following 2 users liked this post by imaposer:
Mr DJ (05-26-2023), Paws (06-03-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 05:18 PM
AvantGarde
5th Gear

Side thing on this preorder thing - a dealer with a thousand orders at 4 grand apiece. . . That's $4M less he has to have on loan to cover inventory (or is basically a huge zero-interest loan) - at current interest rates, put away or not-borrowed, that's a lot of $. .. .
RFS-Z06 (07-15-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 10:10 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,959 Likes on 2,183 Posts

I’ve done business with Mike Furman and he is a stand up guy.

the situation is out of the ordinary with supply line shortages and union strikes etc.

I believe union contract negotiations are due later on this year so none of us know what’s going to happen.

none of us know what the future will deliver.

the erays great and if that’s what you want then I think that’s what you should hold out for. I’d imagine most dealerships that are high volume and guarantee msrp pricing have exceedingly long lists.

for some unknown reason I think GM will mass produce the Eray as if it were just a wide body stingray and stingrays seem to be readily available within 10 weeks of ordering.

once the initial orders are filled rather quickly (if I’m right) I believe everyone who wants to drop and extra 30 grand over a stingray z51 fe4 for an Eray will be able too.

I couldn’t get onto a list for an Eray with less than a year or two wait either so I figure if I want an Eray I’ll try a local medium volume reputable dealer once Eray production volume becomes apparent.

till then I’m enjoying my 2020 corvette z51 which is a great car and it’s performance is extremely impressive. Maybe get one of those for the time being?

as you can see many guys have been on the Eray list as early as 2020. Nothing we can do about that.

Im on the list for a z06 that should be about a year or two out if everything stays consistent so with Eray a year or two out I’m not moving any further because this is getting ridiculous.

some medium sized reputable dealers seem to be getting a few z06 s this month which is the basis of my Eray suggestion. The same thing could happen with the Eray distribution.

supposedly we are going to go through deglobalization and supply interruptions for the next few years not to mention a recession so it’s all a crap shoot.

Last edited by JerriVette; 05-26-2023 at 10:18 PM.
Old 05-27-2023, 01:15 AM
Jridden
Burning Brakes

Received 609 Likes on 389 Posts

I'm certainly hoping the ERay rollout will be smoother with a faster ramp up than the Z06. Does anyone know how many people are on the list at MM now for the ERay? I'm guessing that the first 200 on the list at MM will get a 2024 car.
Old 05-27-2023, 08:43 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,156 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by Jridden
I'm certainly hoping the ERay rollout will be smoother with a faster ramp up than the Z06. Does anyone know how many people are on the list at MM now for the ERay? I'm guessing that the first 200 on the list at MM will get a 2024 car.
All I know is that 8 have dropped out ahead of me. I expect more when Ciocca opens up their deposit list. Even then I do not expect a 2024 car but I am completely ok with that. Just more time to shift gears in my M7 Z06!!
The following 3 users liked this post by GOLD72:
!VetteBoy (05-27-2023), JerriVette (05-27-2023), jpanda (06-09-2023)

Get notified of new replies

To Can an E-Ray still be ordered/waiting listed?

Old 05-27-2023, 08:51 AM
imaposer
Pro

They currently have approx. 650 on the Eray list.
JerriVette (05-27-2023)
Old 05-27-2023, 08:51 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,959 Likes on 2,183 Posts

last time I looked it was over 550 erays on the waiting list at MM which is one third their annual total unit corvette sales figure.

all depends on how GM limits Eray production compared to stingrays…

circcio is now about 8 to 10 weeks delivery time on stingrays…

if GM opens up Eray production then we should see erays flooding the dealerships and selling like crazy.

if GM slowly ramps up the Eray like they did with the z06 then it’ll be a painful experience with massive delays on getting erays too.

remember that September is the union contract negotiation including bowling green.

last head of the union held production back 3 months in December 2019…

even with all the supply line issues this past year the car manufacturers did set record profitability per unit sold and the unions want their slice …I think with massive inflation this past year the unions going to play hard ball…

this could get ugly. The switch up to an all ev fleet is also threatening union participation in construction and that will be a pivotal aspect of the negotiation.

id figure 3 month’s minimum strike if not longer as a worst case scenario. I think that was a part of why GM set the 70th anniversary run to go until September too…

to celebrate the 70th anniversary of corvettes but also to get as many c8 s out before the potential strike come September.

sad but possible delays are in the cards including the Eray.

Last edited by JerriVette; 05-27-2023 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-27-2023, 08:56 AM
imaposer
Pro

Originally Posted by JerriVette
I’ve done business with Mike Furman and he is a stand up guy.

the situation is out of the ordinary with supply line shortages and union strikes etc.

I believe union contract negotiations are due later on this year so none of us know what’s going to happen.

none of us know what the future will deliver.

the erays great and if that’s what you want then I think that’s what you should hold out for. I’d imagine most dealerships that are high volume and guarantee msrp pricing have exceedingly long lists.

for some unknown reason I think GM will mass produce the Eray as if it were just a wide body stingray and stingrays seem to be readily available within 10 weeks of ordering.

once the initial orders are filled rather quickly (if I’m right) I believe everyone who wants to drop and extra 30 grand over a stingray z51 fe4 for an Eray will be able too.

I couldn’t get onto a list for an Eray with less than a year or two wait either so I figure if I want an Eray I’ll try a local medium volume reputable dealer once Eray production volume becomes apparent.

till then I’m enjoying my 2020 corvette z51 which is a great car and it’s performance is extremely impressive. Maybe get one of those for the time being?

as you can see many guys have been on the Eray list as early as 2020. Nothing we can do about that.

Im on the list for a z06 that should be about a year or two out if everything stays consistent so with Eray a year or two out I’m not moving any further because this is getting ridiculous.

some medium sized reputable dealers seem to be getting a few z06 s this month which is the basis of my Eray suggestion. The same thing could happen with the Eray distribution.

supposedly we are going to go through deglobalization and supply interruptions for the next few years not to mention a recession so it’s all a crap shoot.
I agree with your prediction for the eray wait lists. I'm in no hurry to get on a list for a base C8 as at this point. You can find msrp allocations available almost immediately. I don't think Erays will get to that point in the first year, but it wouldn't surprise me to be able to get a late 2024 with a minimal wait by next spring/ summer. We'll have to wait and see how they allocate them.
The following 2 users liked this post by imaposer:
JerriVette (05-27-2023), Jridden (05-28-2023)

Quick Reply: Can an E-Ray still be ordered/waiting listed?