C8 ERay/Hybrid/EV Discussion ERay/Hybrid/EV Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Vibe Motorsports

Dealer "Market Adjustment" on the ERay Already !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2023, 11:02 AM
BigVette427
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 253 Posts

To Hell with all of these greedy dealers thinking they deserve to make more money off the car than the company that actually made the car. All while imposing restrictions on the first "buyer," (the ones who actually make the entire cycle work,) while ironically, not restricting the first "seller" (dealer) who GM says they have no control over ADM. (They do, it's called allocation, but GM doesn't give a damn.)

Barring how long and disruptive the looming strike lasts, the C8 market will be caught up this time next year. (* Masks mandates trying to come back could turn a wrench in that, but I doubt most will be so willing to concede their freedoms like they did in 2020. It's an election year, time for another pLandemic.) And nobody is buying their EV's in large numbers.

Many of these greedy dealers still think they need MSRP for many trucks with the highest interest rates we've seen in 20 years. With inflation, many otherwise buyers are on the sidelines as prices for the necessities have forced many to re-evaluate their priorities. I'm done playing their games. I've got what I need, and I will venture to explore a wide body on my terms when the inevitable catches back up.

Last edited by BigVette427; 08-22-2023 at 11:26 AM.
The following users liked this post:
JerriVette (08-25-2023)
Old 08-25-2023, 11:02 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,959 Likes on 2,183 Posts

Originally Posted by 19/C7Z
Unicorns.
that's the market. Eray will be no different. Just because the C8 has bee. Out for 4 yrs doesn't mean the newest models will sell anywhere near msrp unless one of the big few dealers or a super rare local.

it’s not unicorns…

the dealers are asking 30 over and negotiate real fast to 18 at most dealerships.

that’s for the z06

10.89 percent interest rates on loans is making most wannabe flippers take a back step

the stock market, the economy is getting ready for a huge reset…interest rates for those that don’t pay cash are having an effect too.

msrp is coming back. Unless supply line shortages reoccur, war breaks out in Asia, or Covid makes a comeback for election season… because you know we will need mass mail out of ballots etc..

then pricing over msrp with all of any mixture of these factors could raise pricing again..

but otherwise z06 pricing and stingray pricing will come back to reality with msrp.

I do think it’s safe to assume the days of corvette pricing incentives from the factory are gone…but over msrp should be over…soon …

consumers for corvettes are over the ADM thing ..dealers will ask and the amount over msrp will continue to drop until it’s landing just at msrp.

I’ve been hearing the same thing at other sports car brands as well.

the latest and greatest like the Eray will have adm for a little bit ..as all new sports car have but it should subside quickly

everybody or most people know what’s coming to america ….and it’s not going to be Eddie Murphys movie from decades ago.

wild sh t storm

Last edited by JerriVette; 08-25-2023 at 11:09 AM.
randyfl (08-28-2023)
Old 08-25-2023, 11:15 AM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1,249 Likes on 624 Posts

Originally Posted by BigVette427
Many of these greedy dealers still think they need MSRP for many trucks with the highest interest rates we've seen in 20 years. With inflation, many otherwise buyers are on the sidelines as prices for the necessities have forced many to re-evaluate their priorities. I'm done playing their games. I've got what I need, and I will venture to explore a wide body on my terms when the inevitable catches back up.
You have a smart strategy to buy on your terms but I really don't blame dealers for doing the exact same thing a lot of buyers for the C8 have already done or are planning on doing - flipping for as much profit as they can get. The car has been a huge hit with sports car fans and supply has still not met demand. Dealers are just doing what they always do - sell cars for profit. While I don't agree with ADM if buyers are there willing to throw the cash at them then they should take it. When buyers decide ADM's are dumb and there are few willing to pay it then the market will change. ADMs on the Z06 and ERay should be of no surprise to anyone.
Old 08-25-2023, 11:47 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 9,091 Likes on 4,372 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by JDSKY
When buyers decide ADM's are dumb and there are few willing to pay it then the market will change.
Exactly, nobody is being forced to buy any of these vehicles. They're not a necessity. Either pay whatever price the seller is asking, or simply don't buy it. It's really not that difficult, you'll survive without a Corvette, I promise
ATC399 (08-29-2023)
Old 08-28-2023, 05:34 PM
harley2
Melting Slicks

Received 1,340 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by Jh23job
I'm not yet prepared to throw my dealer under the bus, because I'm still in "talks" with them about what they're trying to do with a "Market Adjustment" for my ERAY.

I literally put $$ Down on this car in 2019, and I have been #1 on their list.

They aren't a really huge dealership, but they do manage to get quite a few C8's every year, including Z06's.

They hinted at 30k over sticker... WTH ?!?!

First time they've mentioned this to me about a month ago, literally FOUR YEARS after my deposit was taken.

Anyone else in a similar boat ??

Why wouldn't someone just get a Z06 for the 30K over or like someone is saying you can get a Z06 for 18K over@!

Why would someone take an Eray over a Z06? Only because they can't get a Z06!
Old 08-28-2023, 05:41 PM
FranknStein
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by harley2
Why wouldn't someone just get a Z06 for the 30K over or like someone is saying you can get a Z06 for 18K over@!

Why would someone take an Eray over a Z06? Only because they can't get a Z06!
I am interested in a grand tourer I can ride in foul weather, so I would still prefer the Eray regardless of price/availability. I have no intention to track the car. Four wheel drive and better gas mileage are much more useful to me. The only thing I would really prefer the Z06 for is the sound of the engine. I am sure my neighbors will also prefer the E-Ray, as I tend to leave my house for long drives before sunrise.
The following 5 users liked this post by FranknStein:
billiam01 (09-27-2023), Chuck Mahnke (09-15-2023), harley2 (08-28-2023), hdrider1 (08-28-2023), msm859 (08-28-2023)
Old 08-28-2023, 07:15 PM
C823
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by FranknStein
I am interested in a grand tourer I can ride in foul weather, so I would still prefer the Eray regardless of price/availability. I have no intention to track the car. Four wheel drive and better gas mileage are much more useful to me. The only thing I would really prefer the Z06 for is the sound of the engine. I am sure my neighbors will also prefer the E-Ray, as I tend to leave my house for long drives before sunrise.
I sure hope that an E-Ray version with the Z06 engine is in the works, that car will break some records
Old 09-14-2023, 03:08 PM
alekscpi
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

To the OP i'm in your similar boat. I down payment on ERAY in Jan 2023, and I have been #1 on their list. They just called me last week and said I'm number 2 now as owner wants to be number 1 and there will be a $45k Market adjustment on the ERAY.

Same like OP they aren't a huge dealership, but they get a couple Z06 a year so I assume they will get a couple ERAY as well. I'm not yet prepared to throw my dealer under the bus, because I'm still in "talks" with them about what they're trying to do with a "Market Adjustment" for my ERAY.

Old 09-16-2023, 05:27 PM
Shangreer
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder how a dealer markup would hold up in court for a situation like this. They took and held your money for 4 years and now want to screw you over. The dealers are cutting their noses off to spite their face…thinking too short term. They’ll either lose customer loyalty or force GM to go the Tesla route and sell direct and leave the dealers as service centers.
Old 09-16-2023, 07:44 PM
IrishSpuds
Le Mans Master

Received 466 Likes on 243 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by Shangreer
I wonder how a dealer markup would hold up in court for a situation like this. They took and held your money for 4 years and now want to screw you over. The dealers are cutting their noses off to spite their face…thinking too short term. They’ll either lose customer loyalty or force GM to go the Tesla route and sell direct and leave the dealers as service centers.
Court is entirely dependent on what is explicitly stated and agreed to in writing. I would think most dealers cover themselves and buyers come up way short as they operate in good faith rather than contractually. I have no qualms in not feeling bad if dealers that charge egregious ADM’s go bankrupt. 10% meh, just like a 10% discount is bearable - two way street.
Shangreer (09-16-2023)
Old 09-16-2023, 08:01 PM
CRS1962
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Jridden
Yes the demand is much less than for the Z06. Even the Z06 ADM at my local dealers have dropped a lot. One year out I don't think the ERay will have much of an ADM. Unless there's some hidden ERay demand that is not apparent.
Dealers will ride out the ADMs till we quit paying them. We quit paying them and the Adm will go away.
The following 4 users liked this post by CRS1962:
baiao (12-08-2023), JoelVetteguy (10-04-2023), Jridden (09-16-2023), kevinprimetime (09-16-2023)
Old 09-16-2023, 08:04 PM
CRS1962
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by tooold2race
WOW!!! I guess I must be in a different universe than some of you. In the last month I've talked to 3 owners of brand new '23 C8's that bought 'em as 'walk ins' at different Chevy dealers.... two here in Texas and one in North Carolina, and all said they were at MSRP. That coupled with dealers posting IMMEDIATE ALLOCATION(s) AVAILABLE right here on this forum for 2024's at MSRP. Hmmmm.

I guess when our local Chevy dealer called me this week and said I could be in his first round of E-Ray allocations (likely next month) at MSRP, he must have been lying, huh!
C8 can be bought no ADM different so far with the Z06 ADM's are there.
Old 09-16-2023, 08:20 PM
Jridden
Burning Brakes

Received 609 Likes on 389 Posts

I don't think the ADMs will last as long for the ERay compared with the initial shortage during the pandemic for the SR.
Shangreer (09-16-2023)
Old 09-16-2023, 10:25 PM
kevinprimetime
Racer

Received 367 Likes on 181 Posts

Supply vs demand
Old 09-16-2023, 10:44 PM
Shangreer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kevinprimetime
Supply vs demand
That’s no excuse for a dealer to take a deposit for a car at MSRP, hold the money for years and then come back and ask for a huge markup. New Car Dealers these days are giving used card dealers a run for their money lap when it comes to grimey tactics.
Old 09-17-2023, 12:18 AM
gatorfl
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 56 Posts

I wonder if you can take these guys to small claims court. I think its 50-100 bucks to file and I believe its $5-$15K max limit.

Granted your out of a car, and I would only entertain this IF you DID put any money down for a while... but

1) You dont have a spend tons of money on lawyers
2) It will be a thorn in the side of the dealer and they will have to take time out.
3) You should be able to get some compensation , especially if your tell the Judge you were going to invest that money in Tesla or some other stock that went up 1000%
4) Even if its not in writing the fact that you left money there for a future car most people and hopefully the Judge will assume it was for MSRP. I dont know many that throw a check and tells the dealership they can make their own price. Especially if the dealership has a history of selling at MSRP.

Who knows if it will work, but if that happened to me I would spend the time and money out of principle and give them something to think about their disgraceful actions.
Old 09-17-2023, 01:04 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 2,020 Likes on 1,162 Posts

Either you believe in a free economy or you don’t. Aren’t price controls communism? Folks who have the money to pay over, let them do it. No one forces you to buy.

Funny when you trade your car you are squeezing the dealer to go above and beyond.

When dealers were discounting the c6 and c7s a few years back 14 to 17k did you pony up sticker?
TxJester (10-27-2023)

Get notified of new replies

To Dealer "Market Adjustment" on the ERay Already !!

Old 09-17-2023, 01:28 AM
Shangreer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
Either you believe in a free economy or you don’t. Aren’t price controls communism? Folks who have the money to pay over, let them do it. No one forces you to buy.

Funny when you trade your car you are squeezing the dealer to go above and beyond.

When dealers were discounting the c6 and c7s a few years back 14 to 17k did you pony up sticker?
Of course not, but I don’t see it as the same thing. For one, the manufacturer is not getting a piece of the pie…the dealers just tack on dollars or worthless services and pocket the money. It is one thing to just charge a markup out of the blue when the market allows (still shady but shame on you/us for paying it). It is another thing entirely to take a deposit for an MSRP priced vehicle and then decide the add a markup 4 years down the road. Agree that capitalism is all about everyone making any buck they can, but shady dealer practices are gonna end up screwing them in the end...at least I hope they will. 😁
Old 09-17-2023, 05:52 AM
IrishSpuds
Le Mans Master

Received 466 Likes on 243 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by gatorfl
I wonder if you can take these guys to small claims court. I think its 50-100 bucks to file and I believe its $5-$15K max limit.

Granted your out of a car, and I would only entertain this IF you DID put any money down for a while... but

1) You dont have a spend tons of money on lawyers
2) It will be a thorn in the side of the dealer and they will have to take time out.
3) You should be able to get some compensation , especially if your tell the Judge you were going to invest that money in Tesla or some other stock that went up 1000%
4) Even if its not in writing the fact that you left money there for a future car most people and hopefully the Judge will assume it was for MSRP. I dont know many that throw a check and tells the dealership they can make their own price. Especially if the dealership has a history of selling at MSRP.

Who knows if it will work, but if that happened to me I would spend the time and money out of principle and give them something to think about their disgraceful actions.
You will be laughed out of court. You have zero legal basis or substantiating contract to support your so called case. The courts have enough bullshit cases without you piling in with this foolishness.

Last edited by IrishSpuds; 09-17-2023 at 08:12 AM.
Old 09-17-2023, 08:15 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,959 Likes on 2,183 Posts

Age old story first year sales of a specialty car and dealers of almost any brand vehicle try and get ADM.

I don’t pay that and am more than happy to wait.

no matter how wonderful I don’t need a new car that much.

I don’t break car dealers b@lls when I buy a car in 15 minutes over the past 45 years of only buying new cars but ADM is not one of the acceptable items on my purchase contract.

JMO
The following 3 users liked this post by JerriVette:
msm859 (09-17-2023), Shangreer (09-17-2023), TxJester (10-17-2023)

Quick Reply: Dealer "Market Adjustment" on the ERay Already !!