Received 311 Likes on 177 Posts

The fee for my courtesy delivery to Abel Chevrolet is $1,295
Old 11-16-2023, 02:23 PM
twoweeled
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Fly
The fee for my courtesy delivery to Abel Chevrolet is $1,295
That's lower priced than having it transported from the east coast. i think heard estimates around $3500. Thanks a lot for that info.
Old 11-16-2023, 02:29 PM
twoweeled
Racer

Originally Posted by msm859
Wrong on both points. There will be no "markup" you are paying whatever was agreed with from the selling dealer. Most of the big ones are MSRP. You will have to pay a courtesy delivery fee. Should not be more than a $1,000. The DMV will have NO problem registering your car. You will have to get a smog check. (May be an issue passing the first @ 1000 miles)
I'm not sure you're correct. the courtesy delivery is an agreement between the dealer purchased from and the dealer providing the courtesy delivery. The dealer providing the courtesy delivery has the option of asking whatever he wants. If buyer doesn't agree with it, courtesy dealer just doesn't agree to provide the service. I think you're probably correct on the 2nd point though, regarding smog. I don't see why that should be a problem because they are all 50 state cars from what I've read. There is also a difference with a used car and mileage, but that doesn't apply here. Just California making it more difficult.
Old 11-16-2023, 02:44 PM
J-Fly
Pro

Originally Posted by twoweeled
That's lower priced than having it transported from the east coast. i think heard estimates around $3500. Thanks a lot for that info.
You are correct. InterCity quoted me $2100 uncovered and much higher if fully covered. It's also better to do courtesy delivery because they take care of the smog crap making the registration less of a pain.

Last edited by J-Fly; 11-16-2023 at 05:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
twoweeled (11-16-2023)
Old 11-16-2023, 02:54 PM
twoweeled
Racer

Originally Posted by J-Fly
You are correct. InterCity quoted me $2100 uncovered and much higher if fully covered. It's also better to do courtesy deliver because they take of the smog crap making the registration less of a pain.
GREAT point! So in the courtesy delivery, that dealership takes care of all the necessary DMV paperwork required? No messing with converting or complying?
It's a done deal like I purchased from that dealer? That's definitely worth it to me.
Old 11-16-2023, 05:19 PM
J-Fly
Pro

GREAT point! So in the courtesy delivery, that dealership takes care of all the necessary DMV paperwork required? No messing with converting or complying?
It's a done deal like I purchased from that dealer? That's definitely worth it to me.
Yep, you just need to go register the car and pick up plates or in my case transfer over current plates to the new car.
The following users liked this post:
twoweeled (11-16-2023)
Old 11-16-2023, 10:05 PM
msm859
Melting Slicks

Received 998 Likes on 576 Posts

I'm not sure you're correct. the courtesy delivery is an agreement between the dealer purchased from and the dealer providing the courtesy delivery. The dealer providing the courtesy delivery has the option of asking whatever he wants. If buyer doesn't agree with it, courtesy dealer just doesn't agree to provide the service. I think you're probably correct on the 2nd point though, regarding smog. I don't see why that should be a problem because they are all 50 state cars from what I've read. There is also a difference with a used car and mileage, but that doesn't apply here. Just California making it more difficult.
I negotiated directly with my Northern California Chevrolet dealer on the courtesy delivery - $750 in September 2021 ('22 C8) Quite frankly I thought it was expensive for what they have to do. I have also in the past had my C7 trucked from my selling dealer - in Michigan - to NorCal. Another time picked up at the factory. So you have options if you cannot find a local dealer that is reasonable in their charge for a courtesy delivery.

As to the smog test, apparently your car has to go through various cycles - speeds - durations etc for it to calibrate and be able to pass a smog test. It is not a big deal and because of a time crunch I simply went to a referee who signed it off.

Quick Reply: New Member from California