Old 01-31-2024, 06:23 AM
StayinStock
Safety Car

Received 3,501 Likes on 1,708 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
I find this review a bit troubling. I require predictability from a car. If I'm doing switchbacks on a mountain and I don't know if the car will or won't give me all wheel drive on a corner, then how can I trust it?
I don't think it will be as much of an issue in the mountains as it will on track. On track your flat out for several minutes at a time where as in the mountains your on the brakes alot more (more regen) and also cruising speeds at some point. Very rarely are you flat out (if you are your probably driving pretty wreckless at that point which is a whole nother can of worms). Farah talked about that recently on his podcast with the eray. I could be wrong but that seemed to be the consensus from him and other folks who have drove the CTF cars.
The following users liked this post:
CDNZR (02-06-2024)
Old 02-04-2024, 10:29 PM
Ragtop 99
Safety Car

Received 1,251 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
I find this review a bit troubling. I require predictability from a car. If I'm doing switchbacks on a mountain and I don't know if the car will or won't give me all wheel drive on a corner, then how can I trust it?
From what I've read, you'll never be without cornering power when using charge plus. To make the battery last longer at WOT, the car will not give as high a rate of discharge in charge plus. As you transition to full power coming out of corner, the car is going to respond as expected. But as you head down the straightaway at full power, you may not see the same rate of acceleration as the discharge curve is a lower slope.

Made-up example: If you're on a track running a hero lap, maybe you exit at the corner at 60 MPH and hit 135 MPH on the straightaway with max battery draw. My guess is doing that lap with charge plus, you still exit the corner at 60 MPH, but only get to 132 MPH.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ragtop 99:
Bob MacLean (02-05-2024), Z0Sick6 (02-06-2024)

Quick Reply: Performance car of the year track test…