Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Vibe Motorsports

Eray plates

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2024, 06:47 PM
1959Caroholic
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

California plate - should it ever arrive is "ROC8RAY".

They say it takes 6 months to arrive, I ordered in late November. The car I had it assigned to for order purposes was sold 2 weeks ago so there will be delays as it is no longer registered to me. From previous experience, I confirm it was sold and know sub in the Eray's VIN and California lic. plate and it arrives about another 30 days past that correspondence.
Old 04-24-2024, 09:18 PM
PuffC8
Pro

Received 594 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by ERay2024
This will ruffle some feathers LOL:

Old 04-25-2024, 07:36 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,300 Likes on 2,217 Posts

^^^lol
Old 04-25-2024, 01:53 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,682 Likes on 6,669 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueSting

Bought the plate and "parking" it on my other car until the Eray arrives!
Drive thru SC and that plate frame will get you ~$200 fine.

Yep law is very clear "No part of any letter or number can be covered." Can't blame the police. When they pull you over for whatever, they check the plate number. They are not required to decipher what State you are from even if ~5% of a letter is covered. I have been warned by a local cop for a clear plastic cover. No cover allowed. BTW others States like TX have similar laws. Frankly with the darked-out windows some have don't blame them.

Took me 2 weeks in to get my SC Personalized plate. Just mailed in the application. Now have to put in words what it means. Guess they have been burned with inappropriate acronyms!

Used a perimeter frame Andy Bump said he uses, made from Silicone. I don't like screws or screw holes showing, so use caps. For bottom Screws insert small ones from the back side to hold the Cap brackets.

Old 04-28-2024, 09:56 PM
newchevyman
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueSting

Bought the plate and "parking" it on my other car until the Eray arrives!
Missing the asterisk for playing a 40 game season.
Old 04-29-2024, 11:59 AM
PuffC8
Pro

Originally Posted by Z0HS1CK
^^^lol

😂 Honestly I’m just messing around. I was super close to getting an ERay myself, mainly because of the aftermarket support with FI and how much of an animal it would be with twin turbos. These were actually plate ideas I had for my own. Lol
Old 04-30-2024, 07:20 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by PuffC8

😂 Honestly I’m just messing around. I was super close to getting an ERay myself, mainly because of the aftermarket support with FI and how much of an animal it would be with twin turbos. These were actually plate ideas I had for my own. Lol
Me too. I debated on putting my name on the ERAY list shortly before getting called for my z06 build in case i'd be waiting 2 years for it and in case i might not like the z06 and/or it give me tons of problems early on. But i was able to get the Z about 18 months earlier than i anticipated and i end up loving it. I still have my C7Z which i started to appreciate more since it delivers the lunacy in a different way.

I got my plate coming in the mail already but all the good ones were already taken in my state. How i wish NJ allowed 8 characters for the plate that would open up lots of options.

I almost decided on, which were still available in my state,

"NOTA458"
"NOTA4RE"
"NOKIDS"
"BETR458"

lol but i figure it would be corny after a while. 9000RPM and 8600RPM were already taken so i had to come up with something a bit old school that i remember people doing something similar back in the day but still relevant to the z06 and what it's about. I should have the plate in about 4 weeks since it takes 8 weeks to get.

I'll post it when i get it lol
Old 04-30-2024, 10:08 AM
PuffC8
Pro

Originally Posted by Z0HS1CK
Me too. I debated on putting my name on the ERAY list shortly before getting called for my z06 build in case i'd be waiting 2 years for it and in case i might not like the z06 and/or it give me tons of problems early on. But i was able to get the Z about 18 months earlier than i anticipated and i end up loving it. I still have my C7Z which i started to appreciate more since it delivers the lunacy in a different way.

I got my plate coming in the mail already but all the good ones were already taken in my state. How i wish NJ allowed 8 characters for the plate that would open up lots of options.

I almost decided on, which were still available in my state,

"NOTA458"
"NOTA4RE"
"NOKIDS"
"BETR458"

lol but i figure it would be corny after a while. 9000RPM and 8600RPM were already taken so i had to come up with something a bit old school that i remember people doing something similar back in the day but still relevant to the z06 and what it's about. I should have the plate in about 4 weeks since it takes 8 weeks to get.

I'll post it when i get it lol
My stories similar. I was late to Z06 party, atleast the dealers that get more allocations. So I got the number 1 spot for ERay at msrp. One of the dealers in the middle of nowhere that I didnt even think theyd get an allocation ended up getting one. **** I didn’t even think they took me serious and wrote down my name and number when I talked to them cause it was such a quick back and forth. I debated still taking the ERay but after a few minutes in the Z even during break in, I was hooked. I had the “NORARI” plates on my C8 Stingray with the hope they'd eventually be on a C8Z, just didn’t think it’d be so quick
Old 04-30-2024, 01:17 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by PuffC8
My stories similar. I was late to Z06 party, atleast the dealers that get more allocations. So I got the number 1 spot for ERay at msrp. One of the dealers in the middle of nowhere that I didnt even think theyd get an allocation ended up getting one. **** I didn’t even think they took me serious and wrote down my name and number when I talked to them cause it was such a quick back and forth. I debated still taking the ERay but after a few minutes in the Z even during break in, I was hooked. I had the “NORARI” plates on my C8 Stingray with the hope they'd eventually be on a C8Z, just didn’t think it’d be so quick
lol NORARI is awesome i didn't think of that.

If my state allowed 8 characters i would've done, "POMAN458" LOL

If the MSRP on the ZR1 isn't monstrous, i might actually upgrade from the z06 to it, the final MY's of the C8. We'll see. But i love this NA goodness so i don't know yet.

Quick Reply: Eray plates