C8 Forced Induction/Nitrous C8 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth

LPE/Magnuson Install Scheduled

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2023, 04:04 PM
Mikeki7
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 52 Posts

LT4 hpfp
LT4 fuel lines (fuel rails are the same)
Nostrum stage 1 fuel injectors
DSX tuning is cooking up a plug and play setup for the C8 low side.

Combination of above should be capable of 900whp, Lingenfelter and Boost district have some sneak peak on facebook for a stage 2 setup, there should be more info soon.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mikeki7:
degfu (11-03-2023), OkieVette84 (11-03-2023)
Old 11-07-2023, 10:24 AM
wanabgts
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by degfu
The lowside fuel pump you are being quoted, is this a drop in tank or is it tappping the tank and an external pump?

I've been in contact with Chris over at Crawford Racing, they have a complete fuel system for about 8K. This includes a drop in tank fuel pump, plug and play wiring harnesess and injectors. You would have to supply fuel rails, like TooHighPSI or tap the supercharger to install the injectors.
https://www.crawford-racing.com/prod...it-coming-soon

This setup will support upto 1500 RWHP and is comaptible with E85
Is there any information you have of this being ran successfully? Right now the Fueltech and Motec seem like the solid options in the market. Proven on fast cars and have way more functionality and available inputs/outputs for logging and control than the Holley system. Fuel being supplies from the main tank is very nice, for big power though a secondary tank is probably a better option IMO. We can make over 1100whp on 93 with x85 on the secondary system that comes on boost only.

If you live in an area where e85 is prevalent though this may not be an issue...

Price is attractive of course, I just have seen anyone running this yet.

Zack
Old 11-07-2023, 11:33 AM
degfu
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by wanabgts
Is there any information you have of this being ran successfully? Right now the Fueltech and Motec seem like the solid options in the market. Proven on fast cars and have way more functionality and available inputs/outputs for logging and control than the Holley system. Fuel being supplies from the main tank is very nice, for big power though a secondary tank is probably a better option IMO. We can make over 1100whp on 93 with x85 on the secondary system that comes on boost only.

If you live in an area where e85 is prevalent though this may not be an issue...

Price is attractive of course, I just have seen anyone running this yet.

Zack
Zack,
I dont have any additional info of this being run in a C8, just a couple videos online of people utilizing this setup in a C7. A couple of shops I talked to have worked with Crawford Racing products and were impressed with the build quality and results. Here is an email from Crawford Racing explaining a bit about their setup.

"We have had our CR-Fueler 2.0 C8 kit out for over a year now. Everything on the C8 platform has been a bit limited until the tuning was released.
So with that being said, our 3.0 version will add on to what we have already established an dform the controller point of view will be able safely control the port injectors like before, but with an easier installation and package. The systems use an aftermarket ECU to control those injectors from either Holley EFI or Fueltech. We choose the ECU's for true closed loop fueling correction and 8 injector drivers to sequentially fire those injectors for a seamless transition with fuel demand.
The cool part is the fuel pump options on the way. You never want to separate the port injection from the direct injection feed, you want it fed and regulated the same amount and from the same source. So with the new fuel pump options coming, the C8 will have a proper fuel system like we do for the C7's. Multi-pump intank fuel sending unit, feed up to the HPFP, T'd off to the port rails, and then return to the tank.
This will be the proper way to fuel these and will support big power safely without any weird hiccups or transitions."

Feel free to reach out to him directly, I'd love to see someone run this setup and fully test it. Let me know if you gather any additional information.

Thanks
Old 11-07-2023, 05:47 PM
wanabgts
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by degfu
Zack,
I dont have any additional info of this being run in a C8, just a couple videos online of people utilizing this setup in a C7. A couple of shops I talked to have worked with Crawford Racing products and were impressed with the build quality and results. Here is an email from Crawford Racing explaining a bit about their setup.

"We have had our CR-Fueler 2.0 C8 kit out for over a year now. Everything on the C8 platform has been a bit limited until the tuning was released.
So with that being said, our 3.0 version will add on to what we have already established an dform the controller point of view will be able safely control the port injectors like before, but with an easier installation and package. The systems use an aftermarket ECU to control those injectors from either Holley EFI or Fueltech. We choose the ECU's for true closed loop fueling correction and 8 injector drivers to sequentially fire those injectors for a seamless transition with fuel demand.
The cool part is the fuel pump options on the way. You never want to separate the port injection from the direct injection feed, you want it fed and regulated the same amount and from the same source. So with the new fuel pump options coming, the C8 will have a proper fuel system like we do for the C7's. Multi-pump intank fuel sending unit, feed up to the HPFP, T'd off to the port rails, and then return to the tank.
This will be the proper way to fuel these and will support big power safely without any weird hiccups or transitions."

Feel free to reach out to him directly, I'd love to see someone run this setup and fully test it. Let me know if you gather any additional information.

Thanks
Good to see they offer Fueltech as one of the options.

The single source fuel supply and not running a supplementary tank etc is simply false. With proper control and tuning there is absolutely no hiccups or anything during the period where the port injection comes online. Part of this is usually because there is no way to make sure that the car is always at the appropriate fuel pressure on the port injection. Our Motec system automatically cycles the pump in specified intervals to make sure that the port fuel system is always ready to perform. Closed loop fueling is a great safety and most ecus have it nowadays..

The real benefits outweigh the negatives for most people. By running a high octane ethanol or methanol fuel in the port injection you can make race-gas levels of power and reliability without having to fill your tank with $250 of fuel. If you live in an area with e85 on tap, then this is less of a problem of course. We run a 3 gal cell up front, which is good for a solid night of ripping around without much issue.

The other part of this that most overlook is the need to be able to cut an appropriate amount of power for shifting. I know the Fueltech has the appropriate controls for sure, as well as the Motec, Peitz system also seems to function well. This is definitely needed if you are trying to do anything in the 900+hp range, at least with any of the commercially available clutches.

I know they are a very reputable tuner and I am sure they have done their own due diligence on most of this system, I just haven't seen it used on any big power C8's yet and was curious.

Zack
The following users liked this post:
degfu (11-08-2023)
Old 11-28-2023, 12:40 PM
Wadejesu
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 42 Posts

What shop did this Maggy install? Location?

Quick Reply: LPE/Magnuson Install Scheduled