Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zora deposits????

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 11:33 AM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
Rick Hendrick has an estimated net worth of $1 Billion dollars. He is a top gun in auto racing and a top GM dealership with numerous dealerships across the country. GM gave Rick Hendrick the 1st C7 Z06 off the line. This guy is "the" sharpest tool in the shed for sure. He is quite the businessman and a very well respected person in the Auto industry.
And that negates the fact that he is a felon, how?

While you and I agree on most things, we disagree here. I don't care about all the rhetoric that surrounds Hendricks. He is a felon and I don't trust him at all. If he didn't have a "billion dollars" his *** would be in jail just like the other felons.

If he is the "Smartest tool in the shed" it must be a vacant shed. How smart is it to commit a felony?

And let's be honest here. GM only cares about money. They don't give a sh*t that he is a felon. He makes GM money and that is ALL GM cares about so using the fact that GM does "special" things for Hendricks means NOTHING.

Last edited by C7-Beast; 10-31-2015 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:43 AM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
Rick Hendrick has an estimated net worth of $1 Billion dollars. He is a top gun in auto racing and a top GM dealership with numerous dealerships across the country. GM gave Rick Hendrick the 1st C7 Z06 off the line. This guy is "the" sharpest tool in the shed for sure. He is quite the businessman and a very well respected person in the Auto industry.
Bernie Madoff had stellar reviews and estimated net worth as well.

I'm not saying that Hendrick is a crook, I have no knowledge of his legal past. I'm just saying that I've been burned before as many others have by "the best". Hell, even here and on the other leading LSx forum around the year 2000 I was led to believe a certain shop was "the best" so I got a heads/cam/intake/everything done on my car. I had nothing but problems and they were never resolved. 5 months later while waiting on promises to come true, the shop closed up and ran away with a lot of our money and people's cars were in limbo. Only then did the true reviews come out and all the cheerleaders were only singing praises of this shop in hopes that their issues would be resolve by the the owner for being "supportive".

Also, unless I'm wrong, didn't Hendrick buy the first C7 at B.J. with the money going to charity? If someone else said they would give over the $1M price, I'm sure Chevy would have taken their money instead, right??

http://www.torquenews.com/106/rick-h...-1000000-video
Old 10-31-2015, 11:57 AM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,753 Likes on 4,182 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Guys, this is going off topic. Either we get back on topic or the thread gets closed.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 10-31-2015 at 11:57 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Steve Garrett:
MikeyTX (11-02-2015), MMorley (11-02-2015), Red C8 of Jax (10-31-2015)
Old 10-31-2015, 11:59 AM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,447 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Refundable deposit. Nominal amount. Very little opportunity cost to do it.

Not a big deal.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:41 PM
$Bill
Instructor

Received 134 Likes on 48 Posts

Untrue.

No felony conviction.He was pardoned by President Clinton.

He does business with utmost integrity. I've heard of him going to great lengths to satisfy any customer complaints, [through his customer service people at headquarters],even those that make outrageous demands.
Originally Posted by Mike02Z
Hendricks, most reputable? Isn't he a convicted felon? Just saying....
The following users liked this post:
nmvettec7 (10-31-2015)
Old 10-31-2015, 06:11 PM
senah
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 101 Posts

from gm authority (the signs are everywhere; look at all the info available and make your own conclusions)

JAN 8, 2015 Duntov is finally getting his wish. We first heard the next Corvette ZR1 and the C8-generation Corvette would be mid-engined in August of last year,

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/01/...#ixzz3qBZK9Sqf

http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-ga...-photos-news#1

a holden sport ute with what looks like a c6 top and doors?

Last edited by senah; 10-31-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:29 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

So who thinks this car,IF BUILT, will go up in value in the real world like the FORD GT? Those cars are selling for 100-200 grand more then they sold for new,depending on miles and if it has all 5 options...quite a feat for a modern AMERICAN car!

Last edited by not08crmanymore; 11-01-2015 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:39 AM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore
So who thinks this car,IF BUILT, will go up in value in the real world like the FORD GT? Those cars are selling for 100-200 grand more then they sold for new,depending on miles and if it has all 5 options...quite a feat for a modern AMERICAN car!
If quantities are limited, and the selling price is high, I'm betting they will have high value in the future.That's no guarantee but limited quantity, special editions, usually hold up well.

Whatever the sticker price is, you can count on a 20-50% "Market Adjustment". My guess is the general public will not be able to purchase these easily. I'm betting most will be pre sold once an official release is announced.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:21 PM
Motohead279
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by cheapthrills
Actually could be an great investment for someone willing to flip the car (if it comes out), I'm sure there will be plenty of people throwing fistfuls of $$'s over MSRP to get one.
I had one of the first 2014 C7s delivered (mid sept 2013) and at a large car show that December had several people offer me $20k over what I paid. Flipping the car was also a consideration in doing this.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:25 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Crossed Flags Fan
GM's got to up the ante now that the 2016 Ford GT is on it's way to production... So its not a matter of "if" the Zora is gonna happen, but when.
(and guess who is going to be the first to get one?!)
There will be so few GTs available, at a price so far outside the Corvette mainstream, that it isn't even remotely a competitor for the Corvette. No one's who's shopping for a $60-80K 'vette is going to say, Oh, wait, maybe I'll get a $400,000 Ford GT instead!
Old 11-01-2015, 06:31 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by senah

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/01/...#ixzz3qBZK9Sqf

http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-ga...-photos-news#1

a holden sport ute with what looks like a c6 top and doors?
Rumor and speculation geared to sell ads. Not a whit of fact or inside information anywhere. That mule could be anything. People have been speculating on mid-engine Corvettes since the 1980s, and we've yet to see one. And Tadge's comments over the last year all point against a mid-engine 'vette.

If there is going to be a mid-engine sports car from GM, I'll bet on a Cadillac priced at $150K. Not a C8 replacement for the C7, nor a limited production competitor for the Ford GT. The Corvette is, always has been, and always will be a bargain-priced (for the performance), front-engine sports car.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:47 PM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,984 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by meyerweb
There will be so few GTs available, at a price so far outside the Corvette mainstream, that it isn't even remotely a competitor for the Corvette. No one's who's shopping for a $60-80K 'vette is going to say, Oh, wait, maybe I'll get a $400,000 Ford GT instead!
If GM produced that little Corvette Zora's (or what ever it may be called) they would sell everyone of them at $400K as well.
The following users liked this post:
Crossed Flags Fan (11-02-2015)
Old 11-02-2015, 12:04 AM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,984 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore
Unfortunately GM is like the junkie that doesn't know when to stop when it comes to over-producing their Halo cars (Corvette's)! I mean even Ford knows when they have something special to put a ceiling on production #'s to keep it special as do all other manufacturers.

You think if Ford built 3,000 previous model GT's every year they would be worth so much more now than they did new? You think if Ford builds 3,000 units per year of the new GT for let's say a 3-5 year production run they could even sell the car for 1/3 of the proposed estimated price?? But based on GM's past, they make an unbelievable uber car and it would be the hottest thing on the market for 6-12 months. It would go way over MSRP for that duration but then they would just allow their dealers to keep ordering and hoarding their cars and the cars market goes from sizzling hot to ice cold.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:22 AM
Brio
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

A coworker of mine placed a 20K deposit to be first at a small dealership that only got 3 Z allocations...
Old 11-02-2015, 10:03 AM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

You're assuming that the Zora will be the "Corvette" replacement.... I think the Zora will be a limited run special edition along side the "run of the mill" Vette.
Either that or Cadillac will make a big play to be the one to get the exclusive GM halo car we're calling the Zora...
Should be interesting to see how this turns out.

Last edited by Crossed Flags Fan; 11-02-2015 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:32 AM
cheapthrills
Melting Slicks

Received 441 Likes on 292 Posts

at 150k the Zora will have some serious competition.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review
Old 11-02-2015, 10:33 AM
scottsh
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

According to the Mercedes guy on Jay Leno's garage a week or so ago, they took deposits on a rotary-engine powered Mercedes back in the 70s based on a pair of concept cars they made. Obviously Mercedes never made a rotary car but those deposits were made.

I'm not convinced GM can afford to have a car that isn't profitable. The thing about the Corvette is that it has always been profitable even if that profit isn't in the billions that they get from the trucks. This makes me think that while they might indeed make a mid-engine car I'm not sure they can afford to make both front- and mid-engine cars. If you assume a $250M or maybe even $300M investment for a C8, it is hard to see how they could also make that level of investment in a mid-engine (which it would likely take) and ever hope to recover that. At $5k profit per car (and I'm not convinced per-car profit it is that high, but maybe) they have only just recently recovered the investment GM made in the C7.

Get notified of new replies

To Zora deposits????

Old 11-02-2015, 11:57 AM
n_coming
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rumor and speculation geared to sell ads. Not a whit of fact or inside information anywhere. That mule could be anything. People have been speculating on mid-engine Corvettes since the 1980s, and we've yet to see one. And Tadge's comments over the last year all point against a mid-engine 'vette.

If there is going to be a mid-engine sports car from GM, I'll bet on a Cadillac priced at $150K. Not a C8 replacement for the C7, nor a limited production competitor for the Ford GT. The Corvette is, always has been, and always will be a bargain-priced (for the performance), front-engine sports car.
Man I REALLY hope the new zora isn't a Cadillac. I hate cadi's so much. Over priced, ugly imo, one of the worst resale values I've seen on cars and I may be wrong but isn't it like an unspoken rule the the corvette must be the highest performance car form gm?
Old 11-02-2015, 12:29 PM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Received 313 Likes on 136 Posts

Just must be nice to be able to put down a few thousand and get nothing in return....
Old 11-02-2015, 12:38 PM
millpond
Melting Slicks

Received 379 Likes on 197 Posts

If it is to be named Zora it has to be a Corvette.

Quick Reply: Zora deposits????