Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 concept-What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 10:15 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Notice that there is nobody's personal name on the original CF rendering. It was probably made by GM and given to CF to publish. Maybe to get responses to it. I gave mine. Or maybe to influence buyers into thinking that a mid-engine Corvette wouldn't look good, so they won't wait for it, and they will buy the C7. Or maybe to lower expectations of what a future Corvette would look like so the actual one would impress buyers more. Or maybe lower expectations so what they produce doesn't have to be that great. I think they should welcome input. In my opinion, I don't want any future Corvette looking anything like that.

I was nice until the trolls came out. You have it precisely backwards. The insults came from you guys. Actually, I have been pretty nice in the face of insults and lies from you guys. I'm defending my position. Your blustery words about crime might make you feel good while arguing, but you are completely and totally wrong. If there were any crimes committed, it was you firstvettesoon. Slander? Harassment? My drawing is completely different than the original CF rendering.

I think 90% of the comments that are made on this site are from fake accounts used by GM to influence buyers.

See how nice and respectful I was back there to Speed Racer? He meant well. I can tell. But he misunderstands me, maybe because he read some comments from people that didn't mean well. It's not as much ego as it is my excitement of the possibility of some of my designs coming to life. And about the visibility of the drawing, re-read what I said to some others early on. I said I was trying to make it more visible. I'm not working on this full time though. I'm doing what I can with the time I have.

You're talking about the purpose or 'exorcise' of the CF rendering. That's not my purpose. I'm actually trying to influence design.

Come on firstvettesoon. There's nothing left of the original car in the picture. Just the floor. And I said in my first post that I used that picture as my starting point. I even put a timelapse of how I did it, because I thought ahead. I thought people like you might ask how I did it. And the early drawings still had some of the original rendering in it, so I wanted to let everyone know. Did you not read anything I wrote? You just start commenting without knowing anything? I sculpted it rather than drew it. I didn't say it came from scratch. You are making that up. You have to use something just to get the basic proportions of a car right. Using "layers" doesn't make you a good designer. If an illustrator uses "layers" when they draw a pile of poop. It's still a pile of poop, just with many layers. It will never make it a good design.

I bet the designers of the C7 Vette used pictures of previous generations and went to work with their smudge tool and brush tool and warp tool. Does that make them not designers? Do people say that they didn't design the C7? No.

I never said I was the greatest designer of all time. You are just trying to stir up trouble. But I just might be. I might be the best in the most important areas of design. Not illustration, todays standards for that are amazing. I'm more of a sculptor. You cannot crush my feelings because I know what I have. I'm not bragging. I do have the most advanced designs of what would be considered an ultra supercar. Way beyond any concept or sketch online today. You haven't seen them. I'm not saying it to brag. Don't misunderstand. And you don't have to be the best illustrator to make good designs. I'm good enough to get the idea across.

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 05-25-2017 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:30 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by KrisColoradoLV
Come on firstvettesoon. There's nothing left of the original car in the picture. Just the floor. And I said in my first post that I used that picture as my starting point. You have to use something just to get the basic proportions of a car right.
Sure...if you are only trying to illustrate an"idea" you have to "show" the forum what you think would be cool.

As I said, your problem is the excessive boasting of your design abilities.

Here is a 5 minute "mod" of the CF image to show a wild version of the same car. I could also drop in a few "cut and paste" wheels but didn't feel like it.

Just enjoy the discussions and leave out the "they stink" rhetoric and be more constructive and have fun.

BTW...I have a cousin Kris in Colorado...hope you are not him !

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 04-26-2017 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:33 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

I'm a good guy. You haven't met me. I would rather you drop in a couple headlights on this one. It needs it don't you think? You have the skills, and you've put so much time in on this anyway.

I think that would be a better use of your time, instead of repeatedly making up quotes that I never said. I guess you're just trying to make me sound bad by saying I said things that I didn't.

I was afraid Corvette might take some design cues from it. That's why I changed it. You all should be thanking me. All you critics should be forced to buy the car on the right. You sound like children trolling YouTube posters. Go over there and argue about the earth being flat or something. You'd fit right in. Or go for a drive in your Corvette and stay off the internet.

But please, don't give Chevrolet any opinions. I don't want them to take you seriously. And GM, please ignore them.
Attached Images  

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 05-10-2017 at 03:19 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:36 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

here is a way too dark version with "lighting effects" just for you...

Old 04-26-2017, 10:43 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

That original car looked so bad, I was afraid Corvette might take some design cues from it. That's why I changed it. You all should be thanking me. All you critics should be forced to buy the car on the right. You sound like children trolling YouTube posters. Go over there and argue about the earth being flat or something. You'd fit right in. Or go for a drive in your Corvette and stay off the internet.

But please, don't give Chevrolet any opinions. I don't want them to take you seriously. And GM, please ignore them.

The CF image is a render of what they thing GM and Corvette have ALREADY designed. It's done. Complete. Game over.

You don't need to fear GM will copy the CF design...because CF "copied: the GM design...

Do you understand that at all?

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 04-26-2017 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:44 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

You just made my point. If that rendering is copying a mid-engine design that they are considering producing, I hope they change the design and do another one.

That's exactly what I'm doing, showing. But I'm directing my comments more to GM than you guys. Don't take it personal and don't be offended. I am doing constructive criticism. Look on page 3 of this thread. I pointed out a few things on the spy photos that will not make the possible mid-engine Vette look good. Constructive criticism.

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 05-08-2017 at 07:55 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:48 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

That's exactly what I'm doing, showing. But I'm talking more to GM than you guys. Don't take it personal and don't be offended. I am doing constructive criticism. Look on page 3 of this thread. I pointed out a few things on the spy photos that will not make the possible mid-engine Vette look good. Constructive criticism.
oooookayyyy.

Hope they listen to you and make a good looking car.

By the way, I can't afford one either... good thing that as a GM stooge, I get mine for free !
Old 04-26-2017, 10:49 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

firstvettesoon, I get it. I get that it's at least 2 years away. They could completely change the design today and still be able to produce limited numbers by 2020. They might have more than one direction going at the same time too and haven't decided yet on which one to do.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:01 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon

By the way, I can't afford one either... good thing that as a GM stooge, I get mine for free !

So I was right back on page three? You work for GM? What a read.

You aren't making your brand look good. You are trivial. Petty. Nonproductive. They pay you to harass people online? I don't want my dollars going to your salary. I shouldn't buy from GM.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:28 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

I get it. I understand everything. GM could be releasing renderings to see customer response.

I get it. That's why I'm doing this. They could be testing to see how customers would respond to a mid-engine car with left over C7 body panels. Cutting design corners again. Making mistakes when a new Vette hits the market. Like every single time since I've been alive. Four generations of Vettes.

I get it. firstvettesoon, you don't get me. I get it. I see that the spy photos don't even have all the body panels on it. They might not even be designed yet. Then there would be nothing for the renderer to copy.

There's plenty of time for them to change things too. They could even use my beautiful door and side scoop. If I was reasonably compensated for it. Look at it. Have you ever seen anything like that door? Imagine standing next to that car and opening that door. The passenger side for you, firstvettesoon. I wouldn't let you drive that car. But imagine putting your hand on the door handle. THAT, my friend in DESIGN. No copy and paste job.

You, my friend, don't get it.

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 04-27-2017 at 01:39 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:46 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

I wasn't boasting. I was defending myself from the trolls that were on here. I was being honest and serious.

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 05-03-2017 at 01:26 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:52 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Which door would you rather open? It would be exciting just to look at that door. Look close.
Attached Images  

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 04-27-2017 at 02:27 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:16 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

...The one leaving this thread!

I'm gonna move on now. Not that it hasn't been fun... But I'm starting to feel bad about bantering with an unarmed man.

Good luck with the GM executives. Hope they listen to you and make a great Corvette for all of us.

Peace out Kris.

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 04-27-2017 at 12:23 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:19 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Thank you. I will be glad to see you go. But I think I successfully countered every argument you made. I would rather not waste my time doing it. It might be beneficial in the long run though. You would be a good attorney. It's just that you're on the wrong side here. Talk to ya later.

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 05-06-2017 at 05:26 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:07 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

-

Not everybody can do what you did up there, firstvettesoon. You're probably a pro illustrator for a magazine. Any of you internet trolls that are harassing me on here working on the Vette? Let me help you.

-

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 05-03-2017 at 01:28 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:11 AM
0Extreme Dimensions
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default C8

I like it, They should have come out with something like this a long time ago
Old 04-27-2017, 02:42 PM
CFHay
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
here is a way too dark version with "lighting effects" just for you...

Nailed it

Get notified of new replies

To C8 concept-What do you think?

Old 04-27-2017, 07:16 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions
I like it, They should have come out with something like this a long time ago

Yes, I was expecting the front end of the C5 or C6 to look like this design here. They are that far behind. Then the C7 would have been better yet.

I was trying to show them what the mid-engine car should at least look like. But from the spy photos, I see the lines and proportions comparable to a Testarossa instead of a 458. Two or three generations behind, again.

-
Attached Images  

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 05-06-2017 at 05:28 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:20 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Attached Images  
Old 04-27-2017, 11:02 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Harley Earl and Bill Mitchell would be too opinionated and their designs too futuristic for some people.

Bill Mitchell, “Trousers don’t look any damn good without a crease in them; you’ve got to have an edge to accentuate form.”

That would be too opinionated and strong for todays world. Some on here would say, "Oh Bill, you can't talk like that. Show the forum how you think your design would be better."
-
You can't get anything done if you're too humble and polite. Enjoy the world in all its mediocrity with cars that all basically look the same and nothing substantially new from US auto makers in terms of body styles for the past 30 years.
-

Come get me when you want to see something good produced.

-

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 05-03-2017 at 01:31 AM.

Quick Reply: C8 concept-What do you think?