Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 rendering

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 04:55 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Your car is lookin' pretty good at the bottom of page 3.
Got to go eat now. Got a couple positive comments and maybe something to think about. Later.

-

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 07-20-2017 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:16 PM
truetifoso
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me, it's a tough choice between the yellow and red options. The shape of the latter looks a lot like a McLaren 720s.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:18 PM
5.7LSleeper
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ah ****, the TopSpeed.com concept is rear engine, I stand corrected. Probably just wishful thinking on my part, ha. It looks so much like GM's stingray concept, it had me thinking front engine.

Originally Posted by KrisColoradoLV
Your car is lookin' pretty good at the bottom of page 3.
Got to go eat now. Got a couple positive comments and maybe something to think about. Later.

-
I'm all ears. Especially with ideas for the rear end, because I really haven't come up with a solid idea for that yet. I'm deffinely changing the head fairings, amongst other things. Unfortunately I won't be able to work on in for 2-3 weeks due to my job moving, but it has given me plenty of time to come up with ideas.

Last edited by 5.7LSleeper; 07-20-2017 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:44 PM
alamo1974
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by purple heart
I like the gray one, the middle photo!
Old 07-20-2017, 11:12 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Looks fantastic as a full blown exotic sports car and would no doubt be awesome...but can't see GM making this the new c8. Would be mega $ Maybe c11 !

Nice, simple, safe mid engine design... a bit boring. Don't think this is the way it will go.

C7 rearranged to be a mid engine. C7 progression but not far enough to be different enough to matter IMO. Says Corvette but not future.

The Hypersport mod looks ok from this angle but the Hypersport in other views is too extreme for Corvette IMO.

The Corvette Forum version is again, a nice C7 progression and "safe" enough. Of course CF followed the very limited info we have so far and used the mule images as reference to "guess" at what's under the camo. Checks the boxes but may not go far enough to differentiate between the C7 and C8 when they are both on the showroom floor at the same time.

My yellow version is an amalgam of all these concepts with the best features and proportions I think so far. I used the mule images to overlay the proportions to best guess so the size and overall shape is near what we have seen so far.

I Hope they keep the C8 "usable" and drive-able but they may not. I am hoping for "usable storage" Reasonable drive height for the street with maybe active lowering for race mode. Decent interior room and furnishings.

I placed my updated yellow version beside the other vetts of history to see the progression of the styling and feel it works pretty good. With some tweaking I think this may be close to what we get. The GM boys have commented that we should think American Ferrari...Of course the finishing and surfaces will change but if you squint...

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 07-20-2017 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:43 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Originally Posted by 5.7LSleeper
I'm all ears. Especially with ideas for the rear end, because I really haven't come up with a solid idea for that yet.

The big arching curve of the hood on your car, is quality. (bottom of page 3) I like the roadster look. The short windshield accentuates it. I like the proportions of a mid-engine car also. Maybe Corvette can show that they can do both of them the best. I see you improved on the design you are basing your car on with the line coming from the nose up over the wheel well.

Since you want to see curved reflections on the bodywork, I'm surprised you're using the door and rear fender of that design. Something like this red Stingray III Concept sketch might be more of what you are looking for. (I believe both of these are GM sketches. I like the red one.) It is your car though, your vision. I don't feel like I should tell you what to do.

You know it's dangerous uploading photos on here. I might start smudging them up and reposting them. Your car can get really good, very quickly. What are your plans for the car? Just one for you? Or do you want to get body panels mass produced as a body kit? I would be interested in getting involved with something like that. I already did some modifications of your photo. It looks very good. The front is especially good. I'd keep the head fairings, or some version thereof. How good do you want your car to look? It could be the baddest roadster on the road. It's worth producing and seeing it on the road. I'd help you.

There hasn't been much discussion on this thread about a front engine C8. Most has been about the mid-engine. I consider it a front engine because it's in front of the driver. I consider a car mid-engine when the engine is between the driver and the rear axle. That's my definition. Some people think differently. I don't know what the technical definition is.
Attached Images  

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 07-24-2017 at 01:19 AM.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:04 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,253 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by Bennerman 1

3 renderings of the C8. Personally, I like the red one. Which do you like?
A
I love the black one in the middle.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:04 AM
OC Sadler
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

OK! We're doing renderings - we already DONE that!

Old 07-24-2017, 02:44 PM
5.7LSleeper
Advanced

Since you want to see curved reflections on the bodywork, I'm surprised you're using the door and rear fender of that design. Something like this red Stingray III Concept sketch might be more of what you are looking for. (I believe both of these are GM sketches. I like the red one.) It is your car though, your vision. I don't feel like I should tell you what to do.
While I love the curves and hips on the Stingray III, I decided to go with the sharp belt line/fenders because of the C7 headlights I'm using. The headlight really dictates that sharp fender line. I did consider buying C6 headlights, but decided to go with the more "modern" C7 lights. The full curve on the side profile, below the belt line, has enough fullness to make me happy. I think with paint it will be enough to strike my fancy.

You know it's dangerous uploading photos on here. I might start smudging them up and reposting them. Your car can get really good, very quickly. What are your plans for the car? Just one for you? Or do you want to get body panels mass produced as a body kit? I would be interested in getting involved with something like that. I already did some modifications of your photo. It looks very good. The front is especially good. I'd keep the head fairings, or some version thereof. How good do you want your car to look? It could be the baddest roadster on the road. It's worth producing and seeing it on the road. I'd help you.
Thanks for the kind words. I was definitely just hating on the use of the smudge tool, cause I thought you were just being a hater about my "full curves" comment :/ Feel free to post or PM me any renditions you come up with. The only for sure plans for the car are to make one for me to enjoy (and hopefully do some just for fun road racing), but time will tell where it goes from there. I would love to be able to sell some of these as a kit, if people want them. I will be making a mold for the body I'm going to lay up, so after that, it would be easy to produce more. (I am the fiberglass guy at a place that makes Cobra replicas from scratch, so I can handle the mold making and fiberglass. Obviously I've just never tried to design my own car before, so I'm new to that part of it.)

How good do I want it to look? I want it to be as wild and elegant as possible. I have all the time in the world to do it, haha. That's why I'm being patient and really mulling things over as I go along. I've always wanted input from computer based car designers, and it's finally getting to the point where I sort of have the general idea expressed.

One of my favorite amateur automotive designers would have to be 600V. He puts out some wild designs that really do it for me. I'm tempted to send some stuff to someone like that to see what they would do with it (Hence the reason I'm really open to input. It has sort of stagnated for me, and I want it to pop and excite me more again)... http://600v.deviantart.com/art/NFZ-295-GT-2-522758568 Of course there are many other designers I admire, that's just one example of someone with fresh ideas.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:16 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Originally Posted by 5.7LSleeper
Thanks for the kind words. I was definitely just hating on the use of the smudge tool, cause I thought you were just being a hater about my "full curves" comment :/ Feel free to post or PM me any renditions you come up with. The only for sure plans for the car are to make one for me to enjoy (and hopefully do some just for fun road racing), but time will tell where it goes from there. I would love to be able to sell some of these as a kit, if people want them.

How good do I want it to look? I want it to be as wild and elegant as possible.
I'm really open to input. It has sort of stagnated for me, and I want it to pop and excite me more again)...

Well, the modifications I made to it are definitely exciting. It's wild, but still elegant at the same time. It's too good to post here. Probably should get it copyrighted. I don't know much about that. There are several things on it that are very unique. I think after you see it, you will want to change the door and rocker panel some, and the rear. I have some good ideas that could be done with the back end that would actually be relatively easy to make a mold of. I'll contact you.

If I'm involved at all in this project, I would want to meet you and probably your employer first. I can't just give away really good designs to someone I've never met in person. And I would want at least one of the cars too. This is the internet, not all is what it seems. That could be a car you are working on for your employer. There was another car that was grey that I saw with the Corvette Racing headlight on it. What happened to that one? Was that car completed or was the design changed and this is the same car?

Where are you moving to? Vegas or Colorado would be good, then I could help.

I hope this car gets built. You would be shocked at how good it looks now.

-

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 07-26-2017 at 03:18 AM.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:18 PM
Stickshiftsteve
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

My problem is these renderings look a lot more exotic than I want the actual car to be...
Way too much for an old guy like me to drive.
So if this is what they put into production - guess I'll have to stick with what I have.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:48 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Yellow definitely.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:59 AM
5.7LSleeper
Advanced

If I'm involved at all in this project, I would want to meet you and probably your employer first. I can't just give away really good designs to someone I've never met in person. And I would want at least one of the cars too. This is the internet, not all is what it seems. That could be a car you are working on for your employer. There was another car that was grey that I saw with the Corvette Racing headlight on it. What happened to that one? Was that car completed or was the design changed and this is the same car?
Nevermind about the collaboration. I'm just going to keep working on it with my own pure-vision. I'm happy with it so far, and I still have a few tricks up my sleeve.

I'm just working on the car at my house, and it has nothing/will have nothing to do with my employer. I'm not sure about the grey car with the corvette racing headlight... so not mine.

If you want to build your own thing, you could always start with a trike. I kinda wish I had... more freedom and much more manageable.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:20 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Hey Brandon, you never responded to my PM. Be careful of those foam fumes in that garage. I thought maybe you weren't with us anymore.

This was the car I was asking about. I guess it's more taupe than grey. And the headlight is a little different than the Corvette Racing one. I just glanced at it before. Have you completed a car before, or is this your first one? How much does it cost in materials to do a full scale car like you are doing? Well, today there is 3D printing, so you would actually just have to finish one side completely. Or could even make some changes in the computer, or do it all by computer. I like a full scale model in real life though. Things look different in person than the way they do in a picture. The C7 for example looks way better in person than in a photograph. That's why it's important to design a car that looks good both ways. People compare cars by looking at photographs in magazines or online. I think there have been things on the Corvette, past and present, that don't look so great in photos but you don't even notice them in person. But it could have prevented people from going to the dealer for a test drive.

But back to my point, there are many concept cars and design sketches that should be brought to life. I have several that I would like to see on the road. Including a few versions of your car that I made modifications to. There's a Corvette type version that would be a good front-engine C8. One version is more of a preppy, British type roadster. And another type of roadster, I won't mention its name on this website. If I ever get any of them done, I'd give you one.

Your crazy, big arching curved hood is what I like most about your car. I thought there could have been a business deal here to bring some cars to life. Crazy Brandon and Crude Colorado. Well, maybe I'm on my own. I could start with a trike, like you say. I did say in the PM (private message), that I have designs ranging from trikes, to cars that would go for $10mil. If you have a goal, sometimes you have to do it on your own. It would help to work with other people though. I think there would be a market for people that would want a one-of-a-kind car. Or a one-off, as they say. These cars could be limited production or just one. They could truly be a one-off. Serial number 1. One of one. None other like it on the road. I think there are people that would be interested in something like that.
Attached Images  

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 08-05-2017 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:00 PM
Mjolitor 68
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 155 Posts

Thank you, TBIRD57. Given only bad choices, everybody will pick something bad. It's not their fault. That's why I discounted all the choices and made my own. The drawing is in progress. Not finished yet. Maybe I'll have time to finish it. Just wanted to show some ideas. I like the nose. I like that the highest point of the front fender is behind the center of the front wheel. I believe the top of the front fender is the most distinctive styling point of Corvette. Display it. Get it way up there with a crease on top. Compare to the Ferrari 488 below, one of the most beautiful cars in production today. I like the rear fascia and exhaust outlets of this drawing. I would like to see some kind of design creativity in the door of future Corvettes.

-CrudeColorado
i like the nose & roof, tail ok
id put a wing on it.
id like the door intake bigger like the Aventador & rear quarters need more definition
but overall strong effort
Old 08-10-2017, 03:13 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

This angle was easier to draw. Note the shadow of the wing on the ground. The contours of the right rear fender came out better on this one than the same photo I posted on another thread.

But when I responded to your comment on the other thread, I wasn't talking about the drawing you are making suggestions about. That was just a rough sketch. I was trying to make a point that a Corvette should look like a shark, not a goldfish with its mouth open or a sucker fish.

What I was referring to was a modified version of the clay mock-up by 5.7LSleeper. I made a front-end for it that is just ridiculously good. It's just a drawing on the computer for now though. It would be a good front-end for a front or mid-engine Corvette, or a one-off that would be a fun project. It would be so nice to see it on the road. I haven't put the picture online anywhere. The back-end modifications I made to that car is more of a futuristic-classic style.
Attached Images  

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 08-11-2017 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:47 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Thanks for the response, Mjolitor 68. I noticed you have some experience with some one-offs. I would like to do some of that myself. Any advice? Or do you know anyone that would be interested in something like that? I have some designs but I don't want to put them online.

Kris

Get notified of new replies

To C8 rendering

Old 08-11-2017, 11:05 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by cmonkey713
I love the black one in the middle.
I agree nice clean design and looks like something that GM would actually build.

Has some traditional Corvette style features and overall hot design I would not be disappointed if the mid engine looks similar to the middle rendering.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:44 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

"The one in the middle"

Now I know you're a fake account if you like that.

It's OK, I get it. Fake account lowering expectations. That way people will like the actual car more when it comes out. And people won't wait for it. They will still buy the C7.

-CrudeColorado
-
Old 08-11-2017, 11:45 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Quick Reply: C8 rendering