Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 = Falcon F7 mass production?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 08:17 PM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

Received 158 Likes on 131 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15
Default C8 = Falcon F7 mass production?

Just saw a rerun on "How It's Made: Dream Cars - Falcon F7.

I never really knew much of this car, but they are handbuilt in Michigan and have connections to GM, one of which is the use of an LS7 placed in a mid-engine position. Thought it was interesting to see and couldn't help but immediately think how GM could leverage this company. In fact the rear buttresses and four round tallights of the Falcon could easily evolve from Corvette designs of the past. Chassis, engine, suspension would already be worked out (but with an LT#), then just tweak new body panels and interior. The Falcon sells for $195k. Use lesser quality interior materials, and design for mass production m. Maybe then it could get to a lower price, and more in line as a halo car for GM.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:38 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by imgn tht
Just saw a rerun on "How It's Made: Dream Cars - Falcon F7.

I never really knew much of this car, but they are handbuilt in Michigan and have connections to GM, one of which is the use of an LS7 placed in a mid-engine position. Thought it was interesting to see and couldn't help but immediately think how GM could leverage this company. In fact the rear buttresses and four round tallights of the Falcon could easily evolve from Corvette designs of the past. Chassis, engine, suspension would already be worked out (but with an LT#), then just tweak new body panels and interior. The Falcon sells for $195k. Use lesser quality interior materials, and design for mass production m. Maybe then it could get to a lower price, and more in line as a halo car for GM.
I like the design and clearly with refinement the falcon could be at a lower price point check out that ITB intake! I'd like to hear from folks that have driven the F7 Falcon.

I hang out with folks that drive the SLC with and LS7 that even as a kit will run upwards of 80 to 100k to get it on the road but the performance is spectacular. 6xx hp with 2400 lbs to haul around moves out nicely

Quick Reply: C8 = Falcon F7 mass production?