Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sexiest ME render?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 10:59 PM
DanSavage
Safety Car

Received 175 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
...so, adding this here for discussion...a different render I did that follows the lines of the mule with some of the "known" details. Again, only a rough idea to get the imagination going and it is only a manipulation and mash-up of other car details, not a CAD render, because I don't want to spend too much time on these things!

Maybe some folks can see other details in the mules or suggest what could be hiding.

I think your rendering is pretty accurate. The most accurate I've seen, in fact.

Here's some details about the rear scoop that I see in an R&T image I saw recently. If you adjust yours to match what's seen in this photo, I think you'll be really close.

Your rendering shows the rear side scoops to be straight. But, what I'm seeing is a curve that's reminiscent of the C5 front fender side scoops.

Last edited by DanSavage; 12-15-2017 at 11:03 PM.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:42 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

You may be on to something. Nice observation. But if so, it will be a lot like my render in post #5 and similar to the Venom F5. I'll try it on this view to see how it looks. Let me know if you notice anything else!

BTW, im that side shot, the rear deck looks very high and has an interesting profile. Gonna be exciting to see what they did.

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 12-16-2017 at 12:58 AM.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:56 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

I moved the scoop forward as per your lines (closer anyway ) and fixed the hips a bit.

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 12-16-2017 at 12:57 AM.
Old 12-16-2017, 01:31 AM
DanSavage
Safety Car

You may be on to something. Nice observation. But if so, it will be a lot like my render in post #5 and similar to the Venom F5. I'll try it on this view to see how it looks. Let me know if you notice anything else!

Thanks. The biggest difference I see in your render #5 is I don't see the outlet scoops behind the front wheels. Or, at least not as pronounced as what you've got. Certainly nothing above the body line that defines the rear scoop.

Here's the original photo I started with.

Last edited by DanSavage; 12-16-2017 at 01:34 AM.
Old 12-16-2017, 08:52 AM
BIG Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 4,684 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
The first rendering looks like a McLaren. I just hope the ME does not have traditional doors (meaning they open non-traditionally).
I respectively disagree. I get enough of the “Ferrari ripoff” and “Lamborghini ripoff” comments about my C7. Adding scissor doors to the C8 will just cement the idea in people’s minds that a Corvette is a Lamborghini wannabe. Just “normal” doors please.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:31 AM
WesC7
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

and in white...for you...

This rocks in arctic white.

IF this rendering is close to the real ME, the BG crew has a winner, IMHO. Guess I'm going to have to buy an aftermarket luggage rack and mount it on top for my golf clubs.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:56 AM
sammyv
Drifting

Received 183 Likes on 140 Posts

I like the post #43!!!
Old 12-16-2017, 10:53 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DanSavage
Thanks. The biggest difference I see in your render #5 is I don't see the outlet scoops behind the front wheels. Or, at least not as pronounced as what you've got. Certainly nothing above the body line that defines the rear scoop.

Here's the original photo I started with.

I agree we can't see anything behind the front wheels for an air duct but should there be? Will there be?

Any of the other spy shots show anything in that area?
Old 12-16-2017, 11:20 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Here is an adjusted version with the scoop moved to the rear a bit and the front air vent reduced and door lines approximated better. Simplified the lines a bit too.

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 12-16-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:33 AM
DanSavage
Safety Car

I agree we can't see anything behind the front wheels for an air duct but should there be? Will there be?

Any of the other spy shots show anything in that area?
I can't see why there would be an outlet duct in this area except for styling a la the C5 outlet duct. It's blocked off and only there as a styling cue.

Here's some other spy shots. showing this area above the body line to be smooth.

The only thing I've seen that 'suggests' there might be a outlet scoop is the CAD rendering of the LF wheel area. I've outlined this area in yellow below.

But as with the other generations, this could simply be a result having a deep door sill.

If there is an outlet scoop behind the front wheel, the photos tell me it's below the sharp body line established by the rear scoop.

Old 12-16-2017, 11:38 AM
DanSavage
Safety Car

Here is an adjusted version with the scoop moved to the rear a bit and the front air vent reduced and door lines approximated better. Simplified the lines a bit too.

Very nice. That is what I'm seeing hiding under the fabric. The only minor correction would be to introduce a little more curvature like what I've drawn below.

Other than that, I think your rendering is really close to what the ZERV (Zora, Engine-Rear Vehicle) will look like.

Last edited by DanSavage; 12-16-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-16-2017, 01:23 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

I figured there could be some sort of front air vent for the brakes?

I changed the door opening to match the spy shots a bit better and adjusted the scoop more and also redrew the mirror to be closer in size and shape to the mule.

I also removed the bottom sill kick and shaped it to what appears to be on the mule.

thoughts?

The following users liked this post:
elegant (12-16-2017)
Old 12-16-2017, 02:13 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

I figured there could be some sort of front air vent for the brakes?

I changed the door opening to match the spy shots a bit better and adjusted the scoop more and also redrew the mirror to be closer in size and shape to the mule.

I also removed the bottom sill kick and shaped it to what appears to be on the mule.

thoughts?

Starting to look like a Porsche Cayman from the 1/4 panel wheel forward.

Like your white rendering the best of all. Thanks for taking the time to do these.

Good Fun!!!

Last edited by vetteman41960; 12-16-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-16-2017, 03:22 PM
RichieRich
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 62 Posts

Just seems a bit too extreme for a corvette...
Yeah an old fat guy could never fit in that, so it's a no-go.
Old 12-16-2017, 03:26 PM
RichieRich
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by DanSavage

A couple things
- Is it just me or does the upper windshield border seem too high up? Seems it should be lower. Maybe it will make more sense when we see the whole thing.
- The nose and back both look to have a lot of padding over the camo. There's no way the nose sticks out that far on the real car. Modern sports cars have much, much shorter overhangs F&R than they did 20-30 years ago.

Can't wait to see the real car.

Last edited by RichieRich; 12-16-2017 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-16-2017, 03:35 PM
senah
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 101 Posts

You may be on to something. Nice observation. But if so, it will be a lot like my render in post #5 and similar to the Venom F5. I'll try it on this view to see how it looks. Let me know if you notice anything else.
i had hoped for a very dramatic, beautiful first version, but it could be worse. thanks a lot for your time and effort in attempting to duplicate the real thing! it seems to be very close. the only thing that is still unknown is the rear portion of the roof and rear side windows and the back hatch/engine cover.

from the pictures of the camouflaged car, the top line of the front fender goes back to the middle of the door and disappears about underneath where the steering wheel sits, not where the door and fender meet as on your rendering.

thanks again for sharing the work you have done.

one more time all, firstvettesoon is not trying to make a rendering that you all want or like; he is trying to show what the real c8 looks like from the clues that he has access to.

Last edited by senah; 12-16-2017 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:10 PM
senah
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveFerrari458
^^^^

You're right, I should not have been so harsh and not said "keep your day job"....so I apologize to the originator for that. I think my statement came from the fact the title was named "sexiest Render ever" even if it was followed by a question mark.

That been said, I'm still not liking the rendering. It's too busy, a mishmash design and looks outdated. And I'm not crazy about the Hennessey car as well. It's also too busy and looks kind of goofy. Might work for a tiny manufacturer that might sell 100 units a year but not for car that will be produced in much higher volumes.
you could tell gm; firstvettesoon is attempting to show what the spy shot car designed by gm looks like with the camouflage removed, not to display the best design he can render. 2 different tasks.

lol, i was just looking at the pics on this thread again and concluded that for my taste, the car looks better with the camouflage than without.

Last edited by senah; 12-16-2017 at 04:13 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Sexiest ME render?

Old 12-16-2017, 04:14 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

I believe from the photo's we have seen, especially those where the "engineers" are trying to cover the car, that the air intake openings for the engine are part of the door and are ducted internal to the door's outer skin to ducts within the rear quarter panels.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:41 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JoesC5
I believe from the photo's we have seen, especially those where the "engineers" are trying to cover the car, that the air intake openings for the engine are part of the door and are ducted internal to the door's outer skin to ducts within the rear quarter panels.
I saw that too. Just don't know how that will be visually. Could also be the camp making it look like a full duct?

If anyone can give me an idea how this would work I will try to apply it.
Old 12-16-2017, 08:01 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

based on the observations and comments here is another adjusted version.

I removed the wing on this one and added the defuser from a c7 for now.
Tucked the nose in a bit and adjusted the windscreen height.

Including a mule overlay too,

I think the door opening is different on the second mules so I guessed.

Quick Reply: Sexiest ME render?