Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 Mid-Engine Corvette Latest Rendering

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 01:29 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

The following users liked this post:
Unclee (06-22-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 02:17 PM
ltomn
Pro

Received 240 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by skank
As usual FVS you are doing a great job. I do see a possible enhancement though. The rear wheel well edge to tire gap should be the same as the front wheel well edge to tire gap. Looking at a true side view of both Ferrari 488GTB or Pista, both wheel wells have the same wheel well space to tire gap. Also the rear wheel does not scale up to 20" vs 19" front.

http://st.automobilemag.com/uploads/...de-profile.jpg

https://cnet2.cbsistatic.com/img/EZk...8-pista-10.jpg
That is, in my humble opinion, the best looking car made.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:51 PM
MitchAlsup
Le Mans Master

Received 1,592 Likes on 784 Posts

Originally Posted by bebezote
quick question guys.. in the lateral pic above... the break rotors just look small... I pulled up images of side shots of the 488 and the 911 turbo... and the caliper and rotors are much larger..and thats with 20" front and rear wheels..
With the motor moved to the back, the rear tires can now provide more of the braking forces on the larger tire, and the front brakes can be smaller than a C7.

secondly... the front wheel/tire,... just doesn't seem to fill the wheel well....
I've never been a fan of small wheel to well distances.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:16 PM
Ronstar
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by IronV
The design is baked. It's done. They're way past changing it. Those tail lights are the real deal. As confirmed by CAD drawings. We tend to refer to these test cars as "Mules" but that's not accurate. They're test prototypes. That's why they're heavily disguised.

Our job, with FVS's talent, is to discern what the damn things really look like. No guarantee any one of us will like what it is.
I wasn’t saying lose the C7 lights because I don’t like them. Pimp described them and explained it based on the cad picture and they do not look like the C7. I sure can’t draw or do the magic FVS can with the computer but I did understand what pimp was trying to convey from the CAD. He even traced the outline on the CAD I believe. I have no stake in what the tail lights look like..... just trying to help
Old 06-22-2018, 10:32 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Originally Posted by IronV

Look at the top rear fender line in this direct side view. Almost as flat as a carpenter's dream. There is no evidence of a big rainbow arch. None. Maybe it's there. But that is some heavy-***, well-secured cladding with super-taught cover over it.

It may be a coincidence it matches Pimp's admittedly flawed sketch.
the wheels Andy tires do look a bit undersized in this photo...hopefully the camoflauge is just making it look awkward for the size of the wheels and tires.

im sure the vehicle is stunning underneath but from these photos..it’s less than appealing

id imagine the tires are the correct size and the camoflauge is just making them look too small for the vehicle..
Old 06-22-2018, 10:47 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Here is C7pimps’ drawing re the taillights.

Last edited by elegant; 06-22-2018 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:56 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Light cars can have light brakes!

Old 06-23-2018, 12:00 AM
bebezote
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by MitchAlsup
With the motor moved to the back, the rear tires can now provide more of the braking forces on the larger tire, and the front brakes can be smaller than a C7.

I've never been a fan of small wheel to well distances.
points well taken.... so excited to see the product... be well on this beautiful Friday !!
Old 06-23-2018, 12:10 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronstar

I wasn’t saying lose the C7 lights because I don’t like them. Pimp described them and explained it based on the cad picture and they do not look like the C7. I sure can’t draw or do the magic FVS can with the computer but I did understand what pimp was trying to convey from the CAD. He even traced the outline on the CAD I believe. I have no stake in what the tail lights look like..... just trying to help
Appreciate the observations from everyone.

As Elegant posted the CAD image of the lights Pimp posted, you can see the outer shape of the "glass" but not the actual lighting elements so we have no clue of what these really look like. I feel the Camo cars lights are phonies or disguised a bunch.

I hope we start seeing some tarp off images soon!

Old 06-23-2018, 10:46 AM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Doesn’t anyone have a friend at a Tier 1 taillight manufacturer?
The following 2 users liked this post by elegant:
mountie55 (06-23-2018), Quinten33 (06-28-2018)
Old 06-23-2018, 10:50 AM
mountie55
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by elegant
Doesn’t anyone have a friend at a Tier 1 taillight manufacturer?
Now your'e talki'n......
Old 06-23-2018, 08:44 PM
ZERRY 316
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Alsalamia
I think this is as best as it gets since she's still heavily camo-flashed. It could look different when revealed but this will give you an idea for now.

What do you think?
What about a Vert?
Old 06-28-2018, 07:46 AM
Bikerjulio
Burning Brakes

Received 381 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikerjulio
Just look at the side view of the mule I just posted. Look at the wheel height in comparison to the fender height. I think the criticism here is right and that you've exaggerated the height of the fender.

I really hate to criticize since I see you put so much work into this. But don't exaggerate the perspective so much. Stand back at a normal viewing angle from a normal person. Not the view of a 4' tall person standing 10' away.

BTW I really like the idea of a satin bluish grey

After suggesting this a while ago, what do I see yesterday, but a Mclaren Senna in the exact same color shows up in the Senna testing video by Shmee

Old 06-28-2018, 09:29 AM
Quinten33
Burning Brakes

Received 536 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette

the wheels Andy tires do look a bit undersized in this photo...hopefully the camoflauge is just making it look awkward for the size of the wheels and tires.

im sure the vehicle is stunning underneath but from these photos..it’s less than appealing

id imagine the tires are the correct size and the camoflauge is just making them look too small for the vehicle..
One of GM’s favorite camouflage techniques is making the front and rear overhangs look far too large.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:34 AM
Quinten33
Burning Brakes

Received 536 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikerjulio
After suggesting this a while ago, what do I see yesterday, but a Mclaren Senna in the exact same color shows up in the Senna testing video by Shmee
I watched Vehicle Virgin’s video from that track day, and it quickly made me realize that GM cannot make a hypercar. I hope they’ll have the carbon fiber tub and and crazy active aero down by the C9...
Old 06-28-2018, 10:51 AM
NewYuriCity
Racer

Received 235 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Quinten33

I watched Vehicle Virgin’s video from that track day, and it quickly made me realize that GM cannot make a hypercar. I hope they’ll have the carbon fiber tub and and crazy active aero down by the C9...
What makes you say that? I haven't seen the video and more just for my own genuine curiosity what one person thinks makes a hypercar vs. "just" a supercar.

Quick Reply: 2020 Mid-Engine Corvette Latest Rendering