Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 on Public Roads

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 03:52 PM
RJ-92
Race Director

Received 328 Likes on 157 Posts

Can anyone see what size the rear tires are? The fronts are 245/35/19s
Old 09-20-2018, 04:06 PM
vdavenp802
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by TSanders
Why would you think this is a American car???
You guys are smokin something really weird, I dont even want any.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:05 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

I like the fact that they drove both cars off the shoulder and it didn’t rip the front end off!
The following users liked this post:
JerriVette (09-20-2018)
Old 09-20-2018, 05:33 PM
Trackaholic
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 69 Posts

Both cars have pretty dinky single-piece brake rotors, so I doubt either one is hi-po version. Maybe the one with the splitter is a Z51, but I'd hope for at least a two-piece iron setup on their more track focused versions.

Still has that Corvette signature rear end look, with the large area above the rear tire. I do like how it slopes slightly back down at the very end, which will hopefully make that area look a bit more taught than the rear on the C5-C7. Like others have said, the wing does it no favors. The connection to the sides of the car make that surface look larger than it would otherwise.

I think the widebody versions will hide that much better due to the wheel arches being more pronounced. I also think it will look amazing with a Big *** Wing that is more centrally mounted. That should allow one to see the tapering rear end more cleanly, which I think will make the car look a bit more balanced.

Even so, I think it is looking really good overall and am excited to see all the details.

-T

Last edited by Trackaholic; 09-20-2018 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:38 PM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by vdavenp802
Why would you think this is a American car???
You guys are smokin something really weird, I dont even want any.
Is this a troll attempt or...??
Old 09-20-2018, 07:25 PM
CDH76
Safety Car

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

I hope when the finished product is revealed I change my mind but right now that is looking pretty boring and foreign to me. Seriously, I hope I change my mind.
The following users liked this post:
montereyredvette (10-07-2018)
Old 09-20-2018, 07:45 PM
bigterpsfan
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts

I know it will look great when revealed but these latest camo shots remind be of a dressed up Mitsubishi GT3000
Old 09-20-2018, 08:18 PM
Yarbie
Burning Brakes

Received 391 Likes on 218 Posts

Hate to say it but that thing is fugly front to back. Proportions are goofy as hell.
Thats what happens when its your 1st and last attempt at something brand new.
yikes.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:56 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Id suggest that we wait to see the vehicle in production form befre we decide its not good looking.

gm does this on purpose to hide the final product,
Old 09-20-2018, 11:16 PM
nvusgt
Drifting

Received 238 Likes on 104 Posts

This may have been stated in a few of the other spy shot threads, but I haven't seen anyone mention it in this one yet.

The roof on this one is completely different than the one without the front lip and "double bubble" roof. You can absolutely see what looks like a hardtop convertible setup and even the rear glass area is different than the rather crazy stylized one on the "double bubble" model.

It seems to me one will be a Targa as we've always had with the Vette, and the other will be Chevy's first hardtop convertible Vette.

I also think they're still hiding key details under the camo, and maybe even a few fake panels here and there (side vent area) to throw us off. We'll have to wait and see.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:53 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Received 334 Likes on 249 Posts

All of this GM is hiding things with fake panels is way over thinking it - what you see is pretty much what your going to get - they have bigger things to think about than trying to hide its design - hell look at previous C7 camo pics not much different from released version - you can take that to the bank

Last edited by rsvette12; 09-21-2018 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:20 PM
blipit_
Pro

Received 300 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by moose.b3
One of the cars has an aggressive splitter and the other doesn't. A Z06 and a base car maybe.
None of these are a Z06. A base car and maybe a Z51...or a base with some sort of aero package.

A Z06 will have much larger brake rotors and most likely carbon ceramics.

These mules are inexpensive base models. With dinky iron rotors, that aren't even drilled or slotted.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:08 PM
blb078
Racer

Received 198 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by nvusgt
This may have been stated in a few of the other spy shot threads, but I haven't seen anyone mention it in this one yet.

The roof on this one is completely different than the one without the front lip and "double bubble" roof. You can absolutely see what looks like a hardtop convertible setup and even the rear glass area is different than the rather crazy stylized one on the "double bubble" model.

It seems to me one will be a Targa as we've always had with the Vette, and the other will be Chevy's first hardtop convertible Vette.

I also think they're still hiding key details under the camo, and maybe even a few fake panels here and there (side vent area) to throw us off. We'll have to wait and see.
I would appear you're right. Here is a better view from the back. One in front is the convertible. You can see the two sections or whatever in the top where it folds. It also has a camera lower down on the on the upper part of the glass vs on the roof like the back one, louvers on the glass which they either covered up on the other or it does't have them. The center section of the roof is also different between the two. The front one you can see the it dips down a tad in the center.

Also they are adding/removing the front splitters to the cars..
First pic shows the car with a 5 on the top left windshield but no splitter, secod pic is the same car with a splitter. Even the stickers in the bottom right match up.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:14 PM
Bikerjulio
Burning Brakes

Received 381 Likes on 221 Posts

This topic of the roof styles was given a good airing back in May. Suggest you look up the spy shot threads from that time.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:37 PM
nvusgt
Drifting

Received 238 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by blb078
I would appear you're right. Here is a better view from the back. One in front is the convertible. You can see the two sections or whatever in the top where it folds. It also has a camera lower down on the on the upper part of the glass vs on the roof like the back one, louvers on the glass which they either covered up on the other or it does't have them. The center section of the roof is also different between the two. The front one you can see the it dips down a tad in the center.

Also they are adding/removing the front splitters to the cars..
First pic shows the car with a 5 on the top left windshield but no splitter, secod pic is the same car with a splitter. Even the stickers in the bottom right match up.
Actually in the photo you've posted the Vette in the front is the supposed Targa, while the one in the foreground has the odd rear "window" and no "double-bubble" roof, plus it also has a front lip (which you can see in other pics; front lip=no double-bubble & odd rear window).

Originally Posted by Bikerjulio
This topic of the roof styles was given a good airing back in May. Suggest you look up the spy shot threads from that time.
I realize that, and I stated as such at the beginning of my post. I was simply sharing the information in case others haven't spent the time digging through that thread.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:26 PM
blb078
Racer

Received 198 Likes on 102 Posts

Actually in the photo you've posted the Vette in the front is the supposed Targa, while the one in the foreground has the odd rear "window" and no "double-bubble" roof, plus it also has a front lip (which you can see in other pics; front lip=no double-bubble & odd rear window).
The lip aka splitter means nothing. Look at the other pics I posted, it's the same car once with splitter on and once with it off. They are adding and removing the splitter either for testing, to keep people guessing, or both.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:35 PM
Bikerjulio
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by blb078
The lip aka splitter means nothing. Look at the other pics I posted, it's the same car once with splitter on and once with it off. They are adding and removing the splitter either for testing, to keep people guessing, or both.
Agree. This stuff is 4 months old.

Get notified of new replies

To C8 on Public Roads

Old 09-21-2018, 07:39 PM
Bikerjulio
Burning Brakes

I realize that, and I stated as such at the beginning of my post. I was simply sharing the information in case others haven't spent the time digging through that thread.
OK. Right.

but I haven't seen anyone mention it in this one yet.
now you have

Last edited by Bikerjulio; 09-21-2018 at 08:10 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:54 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by C7pimp
Is this a troll attempt or...??
Perhaps it is an acknowledgment that these pics were taken in Germany.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:23 PM
Bikerjulio
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mschuyler
Perhaps it is an acknowledgment that these pics were taken in Germany.
Seriousy?

Quick Reply: C8 on Public Roads