Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Video: Watch Footage of the Mid-Engine Corvette at the Nurburgring

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 11:06 PM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1,226 Likes on 610 Posts

To me paddle shifting would never be equal to a clutch and gear shift from the perspective of the "experience.". To the degree that when driving any of the sports cars I have with a DCT I just let the car shift automatically. Maybe you need to be from the video game era to think paddles provide an y kind of connection to the car. I have just never experienced that same connection myself. If the auto trans in the new ME is quick, which is sounds like it is in the video clips it will be good and in a couple years nobody will even be talking about it anymore......
Old 09-06-2018, 11:15 PM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by senah
no. dct only, imo. there has never been a mention of a manual from any source, and all the sound recordings that i have heard confirm dct, even the early ones from road test sightings.
I don’t remember a single thing about the C7 being offered in manual all the way up to its debut in January 2013.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:28 PM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

If one doesn’t like the C3 and C7,
hes never gonna like the C8.

GM played the averages,and they’re gonna do very well with the C8,guaranteed .
Old 09-06-2018, 11:38 PM
ColoradoGS
Racer

Received 347 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by pietro c7
I don’t remember a single thing about the C7 being offered in manual all the way up to its debut in January 2013.
I'm under the impression the impression that there's wont be a manual because (1) so many people have said DCT only and (2) I really want a manual and I don't typically get what I want.

That said, the 992 version of the 911 is coming out "soon" and a spy shot shows:

Stories here:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...thing-we-know/

and here:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sho...hift-porsches/

"What we learned with [the 911R] is that we in America are carrying the flag for the manual transmission. It’s still very, very relevant and there’s a huge demand for it," Joe Lawrence, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Porsche Cars North America, told me at the Frankfurt Motor Show. "PDK is awesome, everybody knows that you’re faster in the PDK on a race track, but there’s still a real purist demand amongst enthusiasts for the manual transmission."
How sad would it be if Porsche responded to the U.S. demand for a manual and Corvette, the American sports car, did not? I still don't think there will one. Maybe one later, if there is public outcry. That has happened with other manufacturers.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:06 AM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

How sad would it be if Porsche responded to the U.S. demand for a manual and Corvette, the American sports car, did not? I still don't think there will one. Maybe one later, if there is public outcry. That has happened with other manufacturers.[/QUOTE]

They’ll never ever give 911 an inch,it’s the corvette mandate.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:14 AM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Z0Sick6
You people talking about a DCT whether its an automatic, a manual, a hybrid... all I can tell you is owning a Porsche with a PDK, if its even 90% of Porsche's PDK - AMEN!!!!!!!!!! Best driving experience and fun driving I've ever had. I have owned auto Z06s, manual Z06s, manual imports, tons of different automatic cars (AMGs, M cars, etc.). If its anything like the PDK I will be ecstatic, its that damn good.
Old 09-07-2018, 04:09 PM
RedDropTop
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by fasttoys
At 2:40 did he overtake a blue BMW on the right? At Nürburgring is it verboten to pass on the right?

Quick Reply: Video: Watch Footage of the Mid-Engine Corvette at the Nurburgring